Rhys777 First Attempt At A Journal And To Be Honest A Grow

So an update of my grow space... Things are coming along except for the gg#4 which I've come to the conclusion I think I've had them in shitty soil all along, ending up having to cull one of them as it just started looking terrible and nothing I seemed to do was helping.

Let's start with the other gg#4 girls

All were in desperate need of a good feed and they got it tonight. Soil I have them in barely seems to hold any water but let's it all just run straight through and the medium just stays damp to a certain degree.... But here the girls are
IMG_20200217_185521.jpg
IMG_20200217_185114.jpg

After that I have 2 northern lights girls that seem to be doing pretty well, got them in freedom farms formula 1 soil and I will only use proper bought soil from now on as they are doing amazing compared to any others so far. No lst but just topped once
IMG_20200217_184255.jpg

Then on the right in the next Pic is a white widow and the left is an obi Wan kush which are both also in freedom farms formula one and are both looking pretty decent as well. No lst but just topped once

IMG_20200217_184800.jpg

Next I have a royal queen seeds royal highness who has been a good plant so far but started yellowing quite a bit so and initially after consulting with @Emilya thought it may be a pottasium deficiency but tried the methods we spoke about and they didn't seem to work, after that I tried up potting as she starting getting a bit big and this also seems to have not stopped the yellowing.
IMG_20200217_185931.jpg

Next is an afghani roadkill which is doing pretty decently. Happy with the growth. Slight edge and tip burn on some of the lower leaves and I'll be delving into this issue soon to see what is going on. This is the only plant that is not from a feminized seed and I am really praying that she will be female
IMG_20200217_185819.jpg

And last but not least my Dark Devil auto which was a freebie seed that I started all wrong and had to up pot her and never got to doing any topping or training as I really didn't understand the whole auto flower thing but she seems to be coming on pretty nicely although not as big as I would have like her to be

IMG_20200217_190817.jpg
IMG_20200217_190813.jpg

So at the end of the day this has become less of a journal about my gg#4 girls and more of a journal of my learning curve through a first grow.

All the photo girls will be switching to a 12/12 cycle now and will see how things go through a flowering period. I kind of like that there are a few of different sizes as I can now judge roughly what the ideal size will be for my grow space and set up. I must be a fool because I'm definitely going to be learning from my own mistakes... But oh well I guess that will be a lesson learned the hard way.

And for anyone that read this far I'm Sorry for a long blabbered post but it was definitely due.

Hope everyone has a killer week ahead and it's time for me to go catch up on some of the journals I been following
Great stuff bro. Awesome pics too.

So an update of my grow space... Things are coming along except for the gg#4 which I've come to the conclusion I think I've had them in shitty soil all along, ending up having to cull one of them as it just started looking terrible and nothing I seemed to do was helping.

All were in desperate need of a good feed and they got it tonight. Soil I have them in barely seems to hold any water but let's it all just run straight through and the medium just stays damp to a certain degree.... But here the girls are
IMG_20200217_185521.jpg
IMG_20200217_185114.jpg

After that I have 2 northern lights girls that seem to be doing pretty well, got them in freedom farms formula 1 soil and I will only use proper bought soil from now on as they are doing amazing compared to any others so far. No lst but just topped once
IMG_20200217_184255.jpg

Then on the right in the next Pic is a white widow and the left is an obi Wan kush which are both also in freedom farms formula one and are both looking pretty decent as well. No lst but just topped once

IMG_20200217_184800.jpg

Next I have a royal queen seeds royal highness who has been a good plant so far but started yellowing quite a bit so and initially after consulting with @Emilya thought it may be a pottasium deficiency but tried the methods we spoke about and they didn't seem to work, after that I tried up potting as she starting getting a bit big and this also seems to have not stopped the yellowing.
IMG_20200217_185931.jpg

Next is an afghani roadkill which is doing pretty decently. Happy with the growth. Slight edge and tip burn on some of the lower leaves and I'll be delving into this issue soon to see what is going on. This is the only plant that is not from a feminized seed and I am really praying that she will be female
IMG_20200217_185819.jpg

And last but not least my Dark Devil auto which was a freebie seed that I started all wrong and had to up pot her and never got to doing any topping or training as I really didn't understand the whole auto flower thing but she seems to be coming on pretty nicely although not as big as I would have like her to be

IMG_20200217_190817.jpg
IMG_20200217_190813.jpg

So at the end of the day this has become less of a journal about my gg#4 girls and more of a journal of my learning curve through a first grow.

All the photo girls will be switching to a 12/12 cycle now and will see how things go through a flowering period. I kind of like that there are a few of different sizes as I can now judge roughly what the ideal size will be for my grow space and set up. I must be a fool because I'm definitely going to be learning from my own mistakes... But oh well I guess that will be a lesson learned the hard way.

And for anyone that read this far I'm Sorry for a long blabbered post but it was definitely due.

Hope everyone has a killer week ahead and it's time for me to go catch up on some of the journals I been following
Beautiful change in Colour. I so want to have a plant that does that! Very beautiful!!! I love the sound of Afghani roadkill and will also be keen on that smoke report!

IMG_20200217_185521.jpg
IMG_20200217_185114.jpg

IMG_20200217_184255.jpg

IMG_20200217_184800.jpg

IMG_20200217_185931.jpg

IMG_20200217_185819.jpg

IMG_20200217_190817.jpg
IMG_20200217_190813.jpg

Love the dark devil colors brother and glad those stitches did right by you now you've had practice with the DD now you can stitch these autos into all kinds of lst nastiness...haha
The 4 way cross I sent ya also puts out some sexy colors in the winter months....same for you mr.DandK...

Mr what :rofl:

The 4 way cross is next on my list for sure...

Got a bud yesterday from a friend that smelled like a freshly cut green apple. Superb earth taste and heavy smoke. Was a bit harsh but I can maybe grow it out. Got 2 seeds from it.

Mr what :rofl:

The 4 way cross is next on my list for sure...

Got a bud yesterday from a friend that smelled like a freshly cut green apple. Superb earth taste and heavy smoke. Was a bit harsh but I can maybe grow it out. Got 2 seeds from it.

The 4 ways also have some crazy smells, had 1 that stank of rotten meat last season but mainly all fruity aromas..... Haven't come across apple yet but I can imagine that would be heavenly....
I had a LuckyStar from Amadeadly that was bang on bananas but I lost her during reveg....

Hey @smeegs, things are crazy busy been wanting to get some of those four way crosses going but waiting until things calm down a bit before starting anymore plants.. But I'm so keen.

@Lerugged thanks man, can't wait to see what happens now on 12/12

@Dkmg01 @Pennywise will definitely give a smoke report. Just hope she turns out to be a girl haha holding thumbs for that

Wish I could get my hands on some more of these DDA seeds in SA. Loving the plant

So today is day 4 of 12/12 getting ancy for some of the plants to show some sort of gender, how long does this normally take? Roughly?some are already shooting out small white pistols others not.

Here are a few pics of the stitches getting going

IMG_20200220_184811.jpg
IMG_20200220_184806.jpg
IMG_20200220_184753.jpg

So today is day 4 of 12/12 getting ancy for some of the plants to show some sort of gender, how long does this normally take? Roughly?some are already shooting out small white pistols others not.

Here are a few pics of the stitches getting going

IMG_20200220_184811.jpg
IMG_20200220_184806.jpg
IMG_20200220_184753.jpg
So luscious already! Train early on but they really do smell heavy!

You know the breakdown of the weeks of flower?
Like what each week is?

Hey thanks @Dkmg01.wait are you supposed to train now during flower stages as well? I though that was supposed to be done in veg time? Haha shit I'm a noob.

I have a reasonable idea of the stages of flowering, I had a look on the rqs site and they have a pretty nice weekly breakdown of what should be happening and when...

Is it safe to do some defol first two weeks of flower? I've seen varying opinions on this

Hey thanks @Dkmg01.wait are you supposed to train now during flower stages as well? I though that was supposed to be done in veg time? Haha shit I'm a noob.

I have a reasonable idea of the stages of flowering, I had a look on the rqs site and they have a pretty nice weekly breakdown of what should be happening and when...

Is it safe to do some defol first two weeks of flower? I've seen varying opinions on this
Yes definitely you can defoliate but lightly because end of week 2 they stop growing. Just get bud sites direct light that's all.

Follow that guide it works well for indica and sativa. Just add way load more bulking time for sativa

Ssoooo I think I may have confirmation that the afghani roadkill is female and I'm pretty happy about that but being new to this I cannot confirm 100%. What do you guys think?

Bit of a shitty photo but can kind of make out what's going on
IMG_20200221_212725.jpg

And then all the other girls have shown their bits too and I reckon they all female... Well they were feminized seeds so a blady hope so. Haha

Ssoooo I think I may have confirmation that the afghani roadkill is female and I'm pretty happy about that but being new to this I cannot confirm 100%. What do you guys think?

Bit of a shitty photo but can kind of make out what's going on
IMG_20200221_212725.jpg

And then all the other girls have shown their bits too and I reckon they all female... Well they were feminized seeds so a blady hope so. Haha
Yeah that's a pistil

Back
Top Bottom