Sauga's First WW Indoor Grow, LED Style

So my quads are day 50, the breeder says 8 weeks so I'm just shy. I have some good white hairs growing further down but for the most part everything seems cloudy there. The tops have whisps of white hairs but mostly red now and lots of cloudiness as well.
My question is this...is it normal to harvest when you still have some white flowers or should they be turning color as well?

After a bud wash do you have to hang dry for 24hrs before placing on a drying net?

I have my drybox prepped and ready but wanted to “bud-wash” and didn’t know if after washing you could place right into the drying rack itself ?
Ya just til they are not wet anymore, like pre wash. As far as I know. Maybe I can get @Amy Gardner to stop by here and give her thoughts when she has some time.

High mr sauga - responsdong to your call out... it sounds like there has been plenty of input that’s about the same as what i’d have said. I wash, i swing em around to shake off the excess water (i do it outside so this is not an issue and the little birds love it!). ANd then I hang them outside for a few hours to get the breeze and some sunshine. Then they hang in my indoor growing space until they’re jar ready (5-10 days depending).

On the trichome ‘loss’ thatsomeoen was worried about. Graytail says he agitates them super vigorously and his post wash trichome pics are incredible. SO you only need be careful about bashing them against the sides or bottom of the bucket. You can agitate them pretty roughly in the water..

I’ll try to find the photo of Gray’s...

Here it is ... this post and the one below it. I’ve seen plenty of other too, and taken some myself. No trichome damage :)

High mr sauga - responsdong to your call out...
Oh my Amy, thanks for stopping by. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear and may have saved you a bit of typing. My concern was on how long to hang dry for. I seen your pics of yours hanging out so I did the same. Magoo did state that Doc recommended four hours so I ran with that.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and if I tag you again I'll make sure it's more specific.
:hug:

Ok - yeah. I hang for longer because I don’t do the Lo n slow in the fridge technique (we dont’ have room). So if you’re only hang drying before putting it int he jars or turkey bags for cure, then Yu need to hang em a lot longer - hence i do the 1-2weeks hang, in the dark with airflow and 60-55% RH

Ok - yeah. I hang for longer because I don’t do the Lo n slow in the fridge technique (we dont’ have room). So if you’re only hang drying before putting it int he jars or turkey bags for cure, then Yu need to hang em a lot longer - hence i do the 1-2weeks hang, in the dark with airflow and 60-55% RH
Thanks for taking the time to reply Amy...your advice is greatly appreciated. Have yourself a great week. :hug:

Here's a few pics...Emily was taken down today, my other outside girl, and her remains are hanging in the last two pics you see...again, not a great haul and I'm not so sure how good the smoke will be when I compare them to the inside girls...who you will see are fat, juicy, and caked with trichs...

Here's a few pics...Emily was taken down today, my other outside girl, and her remains are hanging in the last two pics you see...again, not a great haul and I'm not so sure how good the smoke will be when I compare them to the inside girls...who you will see are fat, juicy, and caked with trichs...

Awesome job Sauga! Beautiful buds and dam my man those quads are thick and juicy! I bet they smell lovely!

Congrats on the beginning of your first harvest! 7-days until Legalization!!!!

What are your thoughts of the bud wash since you've done it? Im a little paranoid about washing trichomes off.
It worked good on my test buds. I didn't use the H202. Don't smash them into the sides and don't over agitate them and you'll be fine. I looked before and after and the little guys are still hanging on. Don't forget they had lots of rain, and that hasn't washed them off yet. I was concerned too but it looks good bro.
High mr sauga - responsdong to your call out... it sounds like there has been plenty of input that’s about the same as what i’d have said. I wash, i swing em around to shake off the excess water (i do it outside so this is not an issue and the little birds love it!). ANd then I hang them outside for a few hours to get the breeze and some sunshine. Then they hang in my indoor growing space until they’re jar ready (5-10 days depending).

On the trichome ‘loss’ thatsomeoen was worried about. Graytail says he agitates them super vigorously and his post wash trichome pics are incredible. SO you only need be careful about bashing them against the sides or bottom of the bucket. You can agitate them pretty roughly in the water..

I’ll try to find the photo of Gray’s...

Here it is ... this post and the one below it. I’ve seen plenty of other too, and taken some myself. No trichome damage :)

FYI...Trichomes are oil & alcohol soluble and NOT water soluble which is why they don't wash off in the rain (or budwashing) but DO wash of in alcohol or an oil/butter bath when making concentrates. In order to extract the trichomes in water, the water needs to be ICE cold to freeze the trichomes so they break off with LOTS of agitation (think Bubble Hash). So, as long as your water isn't freezing (or grain alcolohol! :rofl: ), you can agitate quite a bit with no trichome loss, at all. :Namaste:

Thanks...and thanks again. There were definately some growing pains but as is always mentioned around here, the support network is second to none. So many helped get me here, and ya I have a lot to do with it since I think I was a good student, but the thanks goes out to the community for their effort and thoughtfulness in sharing their knowledge.
:hug: to everyone

Thanks...and thanks again. There were definately some growing pains but as is always mentioned around here, the support network is second to none. So many helped get me here, and ya I have a lot to do with it since I think I was a good student, but the thanks goes out to the community for their effort and thoughtfulness in sharing their knowledge.
:hug: to everyone

The way I got to where I am now is being a good student off these very same forums. It's a main part of the equation so definitely give yourself a big pat on the back. I see tons of people not follow the advice and do it there own way. I've seen people try everything everyone suggested (and man when you post a question on here you may end up with 10 different answers) all at once and fail hard. Being a smart student will take you far, and quickly. Nice job sir!

Back
Top Bottom