Sauga's Got Cement Shoes & A Chem Dog

Good morning Amy, or is it evening for you now? Whatever the time, I hope your Saturday is(was) good. :ciao:

I missed this. I gotta go catch up. I wanna see how those cement shoes do. I have some of those beans as well. I I I. Yeesh. I'm really high.
Hiya Scott,
I'll have an update later this afternoon. The CS is doing well and only slowed down a tad when trained. It's also light sensitive. I've had to move the HID up to 30+ inches. Until then her leaves were always pointing down.

Good morning Amy, or is it evening for you now? Whatever the time, I hope your Saturday is(was) good. :ciao:

Hiya Scott,
I'll have an update later this afternoon. The CS is doing well and only slowed down a tad when trained. It's also light sensitive. I've had to move the HID up to 30+ inches. Until then her leaves were always pointing down.
Sensitive little baby! I’m sure once she starts flowering she will ask for more!

Hope your well brother Sauga!

Sensitive little baby! I’m sure once she starts flowering she will ask for more!

Hope your well brother Sauga!
Yup, doing well. I hope the same goes for you and yours :) Have a great weekend :)

Hey Sauga! What power is the HID? Sounds like she's getting blasted.
Hiya Professor. It's 600W. Normally I'm down around 22-24 inches, which has wiorked great for me in the past.
Have a great weekend sir!

Yup, doing well. I hope the same goes for you and yours :) Have a great weekend :)

Hiya Professor. It's 600W. Normally I'm down around 22-24 inches, which has wiorked great for me in the past.
Have a great weekend sir!
Will do Mr S. :passitleft: You too buddy

Day 45 Update

Hey everybody!
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm personally starting to get the summer blues knowing the season is winding down and the days are getting noticeably shorter. Knowing what's around the corner and how long it is until Spring again can really be a bummer. If you look at the positive side however, then Fall is a beautiful time of year to get out and breathe the fresh air and enjoy the colors provided by Mother Nature herself. Whatever route you choose to go, be happy!

So lets get on with today's update.

The White Tahoe Cookie, if anyone recalls, was almost dead at birth. One coty didn't take and she was left to fend on her own.

Now, at day 33, she has taken on a whole new look. From the top the plant is looking like a true indica with her fat leaves. From the side, you'll see how she decided to get herself going. One node branched off and all her other nodes have been coming from there.
The lower growth from the non node side, if you will, is starting to take off too! Since this is going to be so much lower than the canopy I will most likely cut it off. I'm not going to top this anywhere until she establishes more nodes off her main branch. This will give her time to catch the others which is soon. The chart later on will show you the rate of growth on all. Thanks to Beez for inspiring me to do the same as you do.

:thanks:

Let's talk a bit about the Gorilla Cookies from Expert Seeds. I need to understand more on plant strength, and types of plants that like or dislike topping. This one should have been left alone. She does not like to be pruned or topped. A little spindly, but still pretty, her growth has been much slower than the others. I'm going to take her restraints off soon as the inner growth is too slow and I'm holding her back right now.

The Cement Shoes is one that does not like too much light in her early stages. Right now she's being hit with a lux of 15K, the lowest end of where you want to be during veg, but with the lights lower her growth was being stunted. Now she's much perkier and within a couple of weeks she'll most likely be able to handle more.

Finally the CD #4. I messed up a bit on her quad. I removed an extra set of fans and she looked kinda naked. A week later and she looks just fine. Her canopy is flat with the inner growth and her restraints were removed today. I'll keep an eye on the main colas as they will probably start to grow faster. If so I'll tie them back down. I'm loving this plant and looking forward to see her in flower.

Group Shot

Again, thanks to @BeezLuiz for the idea of charts. I have several different types that probably mean nothing, but they are fun to do and it gives me something to look back on and see how the grows went.

:Rasta:

Nice update, Sauga! Really interesting how you are "reading" the needs of the different cultivars regarding pruning and light levels. They are looking good! Love the chart too. Hope you are having a great weekend (and welcome to fall weather, ugh).

Really interesting how you are "reading" the needs of the different cultivars regarding pruning and light levels.
Thanks Bard! One of the very first thiings I learned here from the good growers was to listen to your plants. They will tell you what they need or if something is wrong. In the case of the lights being low, all four plants have the same environment and media. Three of the four loved the extra light, but the CS said differently. The leaves kept pointing down, in moist, dry and wet soil, so logically it had to be the lights since there were no signs of a def anywhere. The case of the pruning was not noticed until the next day. If a plant likes it the bounce back is almost immediate. If not, it could take a few days before it decides it's OK to grow again. Less pruning in those cases, or lighter pruning, and the plant may have done better.

I hope you had a great weekend too!

Thanks Bard! One of the very first thiings I learned here from the good growers was to listen to your plants. They will tell you what they need or if something is wrong. In the case of the lights being low, all four plants have the same environment and media. Three of the four loved the extra light, but the CS said differently. The leaves kept pointing down, in moist, dry and wet soil, so logically it had to be the lights since there were no signs of a def anywhere. The case of the pruning was not noticed until the next day. If a plant likes it the bounce back is almost immediate. If not, it could take a few days before it decides it's OK to grow again. Less pruning in those cases, or lighter pruning, and the plant may have done better.

I hope you had a great weekend too!

Yes! I agree about "reading" the plants - just impressive to see some really helpful real-world examples being put into practice here. Nice job.

Ladies are coming along nicely. Ohh, I love fall, time to start watching Harry Potter and start baking and smell the fresh rainy air! :love:

Lol, somehow this post ended up on Shed’s thread! Crazy 420 site ( not me at all :battingeyelashes: )
Now it’s in its rightful home.

Ladies are coming along nicely. Ohh, I love fall, time to start watching Harry Potter and start baking and smell the fresh rainy air! :love:

Lol, somehow this post ended up on Shed’s thread! Crazy 420 site ( not me at all :battingeyelashes: )
Now it’s in its rightful home.
Wow, I read that post and I thought.. isn't that weird how I was just thinking about that.
Friggin funny now that I read the real reason.. :rofl:
Thanks for that HH! :hug:

Thanks to Beez for inspiring me to do the same as you do.
Happy to have inspired. :Namaste:
Chart looks good and plants look amazing - love the deep green leaves! :thumb:

Hey there @MrSauga !

Everything is really looking lovely my friend. That Tahoe is really kookie! But it’s done an excellent job at recovering. From the top you’d never know!

I love your chart it’s really an interesting bit of information. But how revealing is it really if you’re doing the kind of training you do?

It’s so freakin true about the light dep thing.. some plants really hate full sun! Hell, some phenos of some plants really hate full sun. I think I ran into trouble with that myself my last grow. One girl was totally happy and producing really well in flower and the other was burning up and I couldn’t understand why.

You’re doing very well there my friend. How much longer do you plan to veg? You’re gonna have some insane smoke on your hands heh.

:ganjamon:

some plants really hate full sun! Hell, some phenos of some plants really hate full sun.
Hi Chef. I’m glad to hear that someone else has made this observation! My outdoor Candida CD-1 last season couldn’t handle days of unfettered sun and was supremely happy on days with even the lightest cloud cover. When in full sun it drooped massively while everything else was praying. I worked out it was the sun intensity (didnt matter what teh ambient temp, RH or soil moisture content was) and put a light diffusing clear shade over it and it was perfect. Some plants don’ like it, exactly :thumb:

love the deep green leaves!
It's verdant, doncha know ;)
I love your chart it’s really an interesting bit of information. But how revealing is it really if you’re doing the kind of training you do?
It doesn't do anything really. It's great visual aids for me. One day I'm going to tackle flow charts but you need some sort of California degree for that apparently.
For example, I didn't top the WTC so it would catch up to the others. You can see on day15 that it was the slowest growing and by day 20 it had caught up to the same growth rate as the CD and CS. You can visually see when I topped the plants as well, through dips or subtle changes in the lines. How does this help the plants. Well my friend it doesn't, but it show does look purdy :thumb:

You’re doing very well there my friend. How much longer do you plan to veg? You’re gonna have some insane smoke on your hands heh.
As soon as I'm comfortable that the WTC and GC are at a stage where they look like they can be flipped. I'm guessing two more weeks maybe.

Back
Top Bottom