Sauga's Got Cement Shoes & A Chem Dog

The below pics are what I believe to be signs of Ca def. Correct?

These pics are from Leafhopper damage... I know that; 100% positive. I'm also using the stuff in the below pic because I think my castile soap is in the bottom of the Atlantic. It seems to have done a great job for 24 hours, but it's most likely going to be used again.

Finally, the last pics are of nute burn. It looks like the leaf is dying off from yellowing, and it is, because I killed it. The lower leaves, when severe burn such as this took place, will die off. They took the heavy damage and saved the upper part of the plant where just the tips were burnt. All is back to normal now and I ditched the GLN Calmag Pro.

:Rasta:

I snapped a pic of a leafhopper sucking away the sap from my girl.

I then took a picture of the same one, this time in a dead configuration. You'll notice the color is almost the same but the shape changes dramatically.

You have some really nice outdoor plants Mr. S! Great tutorial on calcium deficiency. I always seem to run into cal deficiency around the middle of flower. I added Remo cal mag with the Os and it definitely helped but still had some deficiency.

You have some really nice outdoor plants Mr. S! Great tutorial on calcium deficiency. I always seem to run into cal deficiency around the middle of flower. I added Remo cal mag with the Os and it definitely helped but still had some deficiency.
Thanks N4.
I've been finding that once you see Ca def it's gonna be with your plant for the remainder of the grow. You can control it from getting worse, but more often than not the PPM levels don't allow a lot of Calmag in your final mix and some leaves are going to show the signs. Some Ca def is OK in my opinion and doesn't affect the overall quality of the bud or yield.
If your plant is strong and has some good size colas, it's gonna produce for you!

Day 35 Update

Hey everybody!
It's been a while since I've updated things so off we go.

My little White Tahoe Cookie(day 23) has been making some good progress. She's got some funky node things going on and most likely will continue that way. It'll be interesting to see what she turns into as she gets bigger.

Next is the Gorilla Cookies(day 28). She's been a slow go'er since the transplant. I just did a quad on her and man she's a skinny little thang. However, she will take off once she decides she likes her home.

On to the Cement Shoes. Day 34 for her and she was looking a little on the sad side. The pot is dry but not to the point she needs watering. The lights were at 26", so I bumped them up to 28". I'll check tomorrow to see if that was the ticket.

Finally the CD #4. Probably the best one out of the pack. She handled the quad well and will be ready for a defol this weekend.

And the group shot...

Very healthy plants Mr.S and great job on the training. Mrs. N was browsing a seed catalog the other night and wants to try some cement shoes. I'm really interested to see how she turns out.

Very healthy plants Mr.S and great job on the training. Mrs. N was browsing a seed catalog the other night and wants to try some cement shoes. I'm really interested to see how she turns out.
Thanks N! I'm looking forward to those as well. I think Mrs. N will be happy with some new Shoes too!

Wow @MrSauga ! That chem #4 of yours really took to the quadline without much, if any, slowing down. When I get home this afternoon I’ll post up a pic of my Star Pupil, roughly the same age as your chem give or take a day or two if you remember. She’s more au natural, just bent over. I think your chem May be a tad bigger.. definitely more centered over the pot though.

Wow @MrSauga ! That chem #4 of yours really took to the quadline without much, if any, slowing down.
Some plants don't skip a beat, others are just shy after they get their clothes removed. I look forward to seeing the SP pic!
Have a good day Chef!

As promised, here’s my little SP. She’s been in flower for about 8 days now. I’m hoping like half way through flower I can take a clone... coooome onnnn Sativa parentage

I think your canopy is a bit bigger though no?

As promised, here’s my little SP. She’s been in flower for about 8 days now. I’m hoping like half way through flower I can take a clone... coooome onnnn Sativa parentage

I think your canopy is a bit bigger though no?
She looks great Chef! I don't think my canopy is any bigger, just a difference in how the training is going. I also notice you plant yours to the side of the pot, Since I did a quad on mine, I plant in the center of the pot and train to the outer diameter then let them go skyward.
You have lots of bud sites which is great to see :thumb:

She looks great Chef! I don't think my canopy is any bigger, just a difference in how the training is going. I also notice you plant yours to the side of the pot, Since I did a quad on mine, I plant in the center of the pot and train to the outer diameter then let them go skyward.
You have lots of bud sites which is great to see :thumb:
Thanks bud, she’s planted in the center, just pulled off to one side. As I said she’s 8 days into flower so I’m going to stop pulling the tops down and let everything come up. I’ll only train the leader so nothing takes dominance

leaf hoppers are chewing up the leaves
Technically speaking, they are sucking the green goodness from the leaf. They have settled down a bit now the weather has been cooler. Apparently they get thirsty when they get hot. Go figure. They don't actually eat the leaf, but I guess you could say they are chewing up the leaves by sucking out the good green stuff.

Back
Top Bottom