Savant's Silly Closet Grow - Feminized Power Plant

sinsemilla savant

I honestly don't know how to make a good grow journal so this is definitely gonna be a mess but I felt like taking some of you along growing since it's boring growing with no one to talk about it with
536E8B4E-1FF6-4EC9-A2E4-F26D795F82B9.jpeg

here's the little sprout she popped out the coco on July 4th funnily enough, she germinated July 2nd though
365F816B-2249-4286-B48D-13A95FB4454F.jpeg

here's her 3 days later she's a bit of a slow grower but that could be on me not starting feedings right away but she's in 80% coco %20 perlite and I'm feeding her with fox farms trio
5E381A1A-EA81-4E4C-9192-B96E09B8E004.jpeg

her growth has definitely sped up a bit since starting feedings as she's looking like this right now still she's not a very fast one and that's okay for me, still a seeding but getting close to being almost ready to transplant out into something bigger than a solo cup, also if you're reading this far does anyone else name their plants? (this one's name is Isla) maybe I think it's because I only grow one plant but I like to be more personal with how I grow it in general

Overall setup and specs
medium: coco coir %80/%20 coco to perlite
nutrients: fox farms trio
seed: feminized power plplant
light: ac infinity 100w quantum board
closet size: 2 X 2' x 5'

Your plant seems to be stretching a bit. How far away do you have your light source from the top of the plant? PC fans for air circulation....nice! I've done that too.
I think she's just kinda a long genetic, but it's like 15-16 inches away from the light at 40% I wouldn't wanna accidentally fry the seeding so I'm okay with alittle stretching that can be managed later, but she's a sativa dominant genetic and the last time I grew her she almost tripled in height during flowering so maybe it's me being too careful with lighting or she just likes to be tall

C7703A57-68D4-4B73-A84A-363DEF203423.jpeg

I think she's just kinda a long genetic, but it's like 15-16 inches away from the light at 40% I wouldn't wanna accidentally fry the seeding so I'm okay with alittle stretching that can be managed later, but she's a sativa dominant genetic and the last time I grew her she almost tripled in height during flowering so maybe it's me being too careful with lighting or she just likes to be tall

C7703A57-68D4-4B73-A84A-363DEF203423.jpeg

It seems like it should be good. I use the tried and true back of the hand technique. I hold my hand right at the plant top and see how the temp feels on the back of my hand. If you feel no heat you can move the light closer. I tend to space the light at a point where I am just starting to feel the warmth. This way you can maximize those photons hitting the plant without burning it. I'd also make sure the plant is being tickled by airflow. It helps keep it cool and builds strength in the main stalk. I have yet to grow a mostly sativa plant indoors. The stretch would scare me.

I'd be careful using the back of the hand technique with LED lights. You can burn a plant with LEDs well before you feel it on your hand. Ask me how i know...

I'd be careful using the back of the hand technique with LED lights. You can burn a plant with LEDs well before you feel it on your hand. Ask me how i know...
I agree for sure especially with how cool most LEDs are now I had my hand right up against the light and barely felt any heat, I believe the best indicator will be the plant itself
it will tell you if there's not enough light or there's too much light

hello all again ! small little update I don't know how often I should actually update on grow journals honestly I could take a picture and post every day but I feel that would be rather annoying, anyways
D4435378-63B6-42D6-8D1E-4027E20500D5.jpeg
10D28426-820E-47DC-9315-3AD5FFDA1A33.jpeg

she's looking about ready to move into a bigger pot

so I'm at slight dilemma I could move her into the 1 Gallon fabric pot I have to build up her root system but last time I transplanted out of it to my 3 gallon it stunted her growth for a while because the roots stick to into the fabric and you can't easily remove the root ball from them
9C2245B6-4C86-4BFF-9845-E901680DBB79.jpeg

though I made some modifications this time around and cut it down the middle and added Velcro between them so I can open it up from the side to transplant her rather than from the top but I still don't wanna risk adding weeks onto this just because of a transplant
903FA503-9B14-417B-A751-D67D3072B188.jpeg

and so I was thinking why not just move her into the 3 Gallon and not worry about it at all

(I'm leaning towards doing this because you need about a week after transplants for plants roots to establish before you start flowering which if I do it this way her roots will be established way before I start flowering her)

but I do want some outside opinions or anything since this is only my second grow so I don't have too much experience just alot of research

I was thinking why not just move her into the 3 Gallon and not worry about it at all
That's how I do it, never had a problem...
Like you, I tried one time going into a 1 gallon fabric pot first (no Velcro), but it's such a pain in the ass to get them out of there, that I just go from solo cup to big pot now .

Sorry, but I don't have an answer to your yellow leaf problem- it doesn't look too bad though, she might grow out of it...

she has been transplanted into her new home, I decided on just going up to the 3 Gallon
A28113EE-33AC-4E57-8257-72B1DA47EBBA.jpeg

she's also getting decently bushy too, I'm still a bit stumped on her funky growth I'm thinking it could either be heat stress or TMV, But both seem drastic and it could just be a quirk of the pheno

Hey sinsemilla, shes chugging along for sure good job. I cannot weigh in on the yellowing or "funky growth" as I don't grow in coco and it's def different than soil. But did it start that when you transplanted? Could just be a quick stress thing.

And you mentioned above about "not sure how often to update", well it's your journal if it makes you happy to post three times a day then go for it... Alot of us kinda hang out here so if you did post more we would have more stuff to check out ;) .

But did it start that when you transplanted? Could just be a quick stress thing.
surprisingly it started earlier like as soon as fingered leaves started developing which is why I'm so confused, I just transplanted her this moment and posted, but I'll definitely be posting way more often when I start training her because that's my favorite part of growing

surprisingly it started earlier like as soon as fingered leaves started developing which is why I'm so confused, I just transplanted her this moment and posted, but I'll definitely be posting way more often when I start training her because that's my favorite part of growing
Hmmmmm wish I could weigh in but can't... Hopefully we can get a few coco growers to hop on board.

And YES training is one of my favorites to....there really isn't a wrong way I'm seeing lol may look a bit jacked but still works no matter what.

its been a while since I updated, this heat wave has been rough on me and the plants honestly for sure but we're still kicking
2037E710-1DE4-4DE8-86E8-16B49027306C.jpeg
C893FE04-EAD7-42FA-B7B0-84DF992DAF78.jpeg

the plant is to a size where I think it's perfect to start training and bending around so that's definitely happening very soon, but other than that nothing special
554783E7-AC70-41B4-9E73-C7CE2D8DF22C.jpeg

temps are still insane though, the highest it hit in the grow room was 90° but thankfully they're not too affected by the heat

A9E47D98-A7F8-4A42-BC3B-A45106093A6F.jpeg

nothing new going on just some simple training, but I also recently realized I was underfeeding which could explain all the weirdness earlier, I was too light with feeding since I accidentally overfeed the last plant

grow still going very very strong but I realized the lack of green is 90% a magnesium deficiency which I couldn't figure out what it was til now, but feedings have been increased overall, rn I'm giving 15ml of grow big from the fox farm trio and the same amount of diy calcium, but neglected magnesium because I have scented epsom salt and everyone seems to not be keen on using them for plants so there must be a reason but gotta go get myself some epsom salt now
577FBC33-C2DB-49CB-A251-36B8A91B2BA2.jpeg

637AC68A-AE03-430A-B7CC-3C4A3325ECC0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom