Scrog Waterfarm Grow

Here some updates on the room:

IMG_26913.JPG

Finally got a little fan in there to get the air circulating. If you look really closely you can see the silver exhaust fan duck. Got the exhaust fan off the floor it is in the corner now. Not its final spot as I want it higher up but at least it is off the floor and in the farthest corner from intake vent.

IMG_26863.JPG

Here is a pic of the airpump now pumping in outside air into the res. The res temps are staying around 74 so I am a lot happier with that.

Now pics of the little ones:

IMG_2685.JPG

IMG_2688.JPG

This is the tallest!

IMG_2689.JPG

This is the shortest. As you can see I have quite a bit of hight variability. Something that I wish to have avoided, but only a limited choice of cutting to choose from.

IMG_2690.JPG

This one is showing the most signs of stress. My buddy sprayed is a sulfur based miticide/fungicide so I don't know if it is transplant shock or just not liking the spray. I don't think it is too strong nutes as only a few look like this.

Well that is were to grow stands. More excitement to come. I got half my order of fertilizer on Friday with the rest suppose to be here in a week. Then I will switch to salt fertilizer for the rest of the grow.

They should start to take off ThatBoyDean. I worry my setup is to intense for them. I checked on them tonight and a few are still showing their dislike of being transplanted. I am thinking 2 400w might be a bit better for a few weeks till they are healthy and have had a chance to really establish a root system. The lights are on 24/7 right now. I have never been a big fan of leaving the lights on all the time. Could be me but I feel the plants are a lot happier with 18 on 6 off. Think everything needs a bit of a rest. Also the RH is 25% which I think is way to low. I am going to get a humidifier in the place and hope to get the RH up to 40%. Hopefully this will make them happy. It always amazes me all the little stuff that pops up when trying to get a new setup up and running. Slowly getting it dialed in. Already thinking about how great everything is going to go next grow lol.

hey root looking good still, im right there with ya lol. yours just look a hell of a lot better than mine lol. think im gonna airstone my res like you did ill just use a longer air line. what could it hurt right?

have fun M8

cheers!

Thought it was overdue for an update. Girls are recovering from I believe an overfeeding. C99 definitely doesn't like to suck up the nutrients. pH has constantly drifting up to 6.4. Everyday I come in it is 6.4. Other than that everything is going well. Humidity is still a bit low and the room still needs some tweaking. But all and all I am really happy with how things are going. So here are some pics:

IMG_26931.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

This one is the best, great growth and beautiful structure. I have high hopes for this one:

IMG_2695.JPG

To show they all don't look great:

IMG_26961.JPG

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_26981.JPG

:slide:cmon m8 your doing great!!! keep it up man im watchin!!!

:popcorn:

Okay for a quick update. The hydrostore just called and they have the salt fertilizer I want in. So Monday I will be picking that up. I will be running for grow:
Per 10L
7g 06-11-31
7g Calcium nitrate
3 grams Epsom salt

This will give me

N 150.5
P 77
K 217
Ca 133
Mg 50.4

Flower I will be running:

Same as above but 5 g Mono-postassium Phosphate

This will up my P to 103ppm and my k to 234ppm.

For the two week stretch I might up my potassium levels to slow stretching. The lower the N/K ratio the slower the growth. I don't want to drop my N levels as I need the calcium nitrate so I will up my K. If anyone out there has any comments on this any info would be greatly appreciated!!

These are pretty potent. I don't know if I will run full strength with C99 as it is doing just fine at lower rates. Right now I am using 7-11-27 as I have a bit left. I am running 1/4 strength, as of last reservoir change. I put in per 10 L:

1.7 g 7-11-27
1.6 g Calcium nitrate
0.7 g Epsom salts

When I top up my reservoir I use the optimum grow fertilizer I have left. Not going to let perfectly good fertilizer go to waste! I will be changing out the reservoir Monday and doubt I will make it much stronger.

I will get some more pics up soon. We got the second table built yesterday. Hopefully have more time starting this week to really get this show on the road. Still a lot to do.

Cheers,

RW

I might be wrong but I think the plants need more light, they look to be stretching quite abit. It might be the nutes your using...I guess your using some mix you came up with, If youve used it w/o an issue then you can rule that out but clearly something is amiss. I would lower the lamps down 1st

I might be wrong but I think the plants need more light, they look to be stretching quite abit. It might be the nutes your using...I guess your using some mix you came up with, If youve used it w/o an issue then you can rule that out but clearly something is amiss. I would lower the lamps down 1st

This was what i was looking at as well... it looks like he could lower his lights some with better success pending his canopy temps...
Hope you get those ladies on the fast track:grinjoint:

Thanks Pit for keeping an eye on me! Greatly appreciate it. The lamps are a tad bit high. dez97candycl nailed one of the problems, right now I can't get the canopy temps stable. I still haven't had time to put up the vent fan! At the beginning of the grow I got sick for a few days and that really put me back on setting up this grow.

This led to me delaying transplanting them and they were left in the cutting tray a bit long and lost some roots in the transplanting process. Then I hit them with too strong a fertilizer solution. All the fan leaves have since dried up and I removed them as they were blocking light to the new growth. This makes them look like little sticks! As of this morning they were looken a lot better and are really starting to fill out and green up. It is crazy the difference between soil and hydro. I will take some pics of the girls I planted in dirt. Hydro is kicken their ass so far. C99 really wants to bush out. I can't believe how the side branches are starting to take off! Life should calm down in the next few days and I will be able to give this grow the attention it deserves! These girls are just waiting to explode and I have been neglecting them. I will get some pics up by Monday and I think you all won't recognize them! :grinjoint:

My buddy got 16 Purple Kush clones. So we have to set that grow up as well. Stay tuned!

:peace:

RW

Okay so I took more pics today!

Starting with the new girls. Here are the Purple Kush cuttings:

Before their new home.

IMG_27251.JPG

In there new home for the next few weeks before I get the next waterfarm system up and running;

IMG_27331.JPG

And now a whole lot of C99.

IMG_27101.JPG

I think in this you can even tell that the right side is doing a lot better than the left. I don't understand this as they are all feed of the same line from the same rez have the same media etc.

Here is the left side:
IMG_2723.JPG

Now the right side:

IMG_27221.JPG

IMG_27132.JPG

IMG_2714.JPG

IMG_27151.JPG

This one was transplanted about a week later. The one it replaced is recovering in soil but really behind the rest.

IMG_27161.JPG

This one got hit hard by transplant shock/fertilizer burn. Can see how it is starting to recover and the branches are starting to fill in where all the main leaves have died.

IMG_27171.JPG

IMG_2718.JPG

Here is the best looking one. I personally think this plant is looking amazing!

IMG_27292.JPG

As per Pits orders tomorrow I am going to lower the lights as canopy temperatures are getting under control. I agree with people who caution against 1000Wers. The heat they through off makes life a lot more challenging. In the future nice cool tubes are in the works but just using dome reflectors and open bulbs makes keeping the canopy cool a lot more of a challenge. I liked my 400 watters, got them nice and close to the plants producing compact bushes. Using the waterfarms I chose 1000w as my buddy had them and the area is 7 by 3. I thought two 400W would be a little weak. I am not so sure now. I am still planning on flowering under four 1000w bulbs. This summer hopefully I hope to do a comparison between 1000w and 600w. I am really liking what I am seeing with LEDs and I think they would be great for scrog. If money permits that might be another plausible comparison. Well still along way to go with this grow. I think things are on track to flip to 12/12 in a month.

RW

checking back in, looking real good m8 congrats!

:welcome: Sky Rocket great to have you on board for the show.

Charon187 my pH keeps rising too. Everyday I go in and it is 6.3. Today it was 6.2. I have been pHing it to 5 before I leave. I didn't pH my hydroton and I have read a few post saying they have had the same problem and that you should pH your hydroton. I think next batch I am definitely going to try and see if that helps.

Update for today: fan went up and I lowered the lights. Hopefully that will make the girls happier. When I was hanging up the fan I could feel the difference in air temp at the celling. The hot air was just pooling up there. I am sure this is really going to help cool the canopy down. It has been one week since I filled the reservoir. Seeing what Munki's up to and reading more from Lucas, I just brought my ppm up and am going to leave it for another week. I really question if we need to change the res as often as Nutrient companies are telling us. I for one hate to waste money and resources.

Here is a long needed update for this grow :cheer:. Everything is going well, wish I could get my humidity higher but currently not possible with sucking in extremely dry air. Working towards getting a closed system but won't happen this grow. Enough rambling here are some pics:

IMG_2749.JPG

Here you can see I have started to tie them down. I am going to tie the main stems down well below the screen and let branches reach up to the screen to get a bud site every two inches.

IMG_2750.JPG

Here is the one runt of the litter. It is the one I swapped out and replaced. This one didn't like going in either. Slowly coming back I am hoping that it will take off shortly. Not going to catch up to the rest but I still think in another month it is going to be a good size.

IMG_2754.JPG

IMG_2752.JPG

IMG_2758.JPG

This I am keeping an eye on. It looks a lot like zinc deficiency which could be due to my pH being high. I am still trying to keep it low. I walked in today and it was 6.4. Some leaves almost look like it could be nutrient burn, but am only running at 500ppm which I wouldn't think would cause nutrient burn. Again I know the girls aren't happy with the low RH. I am currently using a nutradip combo meter and the TDS has always been a bit off. I just got a Hanna combo pen so I am going to check everything with that tomorrow and see if my ppm are actually close to what it is reading. I am topping up the reservoir with floranova and I have been using the ppm chart on the side to make sure that I am not adding to much.

IMG_2755.JPG

IMG_2760.JPG

IMG_2761.JPG

IMG_2762.JPG

IMG_2763.JPG

Finally here is the fertilizer (with calcium nitrate) I will be using in conjunction with a few other salts. It give you exact direction how to mix with calcium nitrate for a complete fertilizer ideal for tomato production. It also gives you the break down of what all the ppms for the macro and micro nutrients would be when mixed to 200ppm N with the formula given. I will be adding Epsom salts to bring the Mg up, Mono Potassium Phosphate during flowering, and I have potassium chloride. Again the ratio between N and K is very important and you can use it to control stretch in plants.

IMG_2765.JPG

Here is some more pics. I have tied down most of the plants and moved a few around. I moved the biggest near some of the smaller plants. I know this might crowd out the smaller plants, but I would rather give the bigger plants a lot more room as I feel they are a lot healthier will cover more space quicker and in the end yield a lot more. This is a good example of why uniformity matters. If they were all the same size I would be at least a week of were I am now. Now on to the pictures:

IMG_2776.JPG

Roots are looking healthy!

IMG_2780.JPG

To cover the 8x4 area I will make two screens the first one is complete now I just have to attach it to the table.

IMG_2782.JPG

The branches should be up to the screen in no time! Everything is looking good. pH is drifting up to 6.4. Hopefully this will stabilize a bit more as I feel I am using an awful lot of pH down. Well hoping to plug away at the room a little bit each day so I will keep everyone posted of the progress.

:allgood:

Re-worked Waterfarms, long twin line
I'm itchy to dust off that eight-pack of mine

Commercial salts is a pro way to grow
If you can read numbers and use what you know

Most growers copy success from the start
Your big screen ambition nearly tops the chart

I'll happily read each new posting to see
Vigorous progress in your Big Green Sea

Back
Top Bottom