Scrogdawg's White Widow Fem Grow

I'm curious as to what twine you use ? Is it cotton or maybe nylon ?

This is a nylon twine. I've used wire in the past but tried this a couple of grows ago and prefer it.

This is a nylon twine. I've used wire in the past but tried this a couple of grows ago and prefer it.

:hug:Excellent, thanks for that. I like the idea of Nylon, no moisture issues, nice flexibility but strong enough to do the job. I had originally thought of using butchers/cooking twine, (cotton) but was worried about moisture mold etc. I was to scared to ever seriously contemplate metal wiring - cutting etc.. Having a DWC and not a RDWC I still need to figure out how on earth I'm going to be able to SCROG my babygirl.. I think I'll need to attach the screen to my res lid so I can lift both together when I need to do my water changes.. Hmm :nomo:

:hug:Excellent, thanks for that. I like the idea of Nylon, no moisture issues, nice flexibility but strong enough to do the job. I had originally thought of using butchers/cooking twine, (cotton) but was worried about moisture mold etc. I was to scared to ever seriously contemplate metal wiring - cutting etc.. Having a DWC and not a RDWC I still need to figure out how on earth I'm going to be able to SCROG my babygirl.. I think I'll need to attach the screen to my res lid so I can lift both together when I need to do my water changes.. Hmm :nomo:
In case it's helpful, I use clothesline "wire" for my scrog, you can buy a huge length of it from Bunnings reasonably cheap.

Cool beans, I'll see if it's bendy enough for me. Still not sure if I can SCROG my DWC I'll have to read more and see, otherwise I might have to just attempt to build a RDWC :slide: I just wanted to avoid making one because of the extra running cost and possible res heat issues of the water pump doing it's thing.. :hmmmm:

Cool beans, I'll see if it's bendy enough for me. Still not sure if I can SCROG my DWC I'll have to read more and see, otherwise I might have to just attempt to build a RDWC :slide: I just wanted to avoid making one because of the extra running cost and possible res heat issues of the water pump doing it's thing.. :hmmmm:
I do DWC and scrog. My res is slightly raised with an outlet on it. You can also get these from Bunnings and find the screw on cap that fits the right size outlet to suit your reservoir. Only part that gets a bit tricky is filling back up but my tub slides slightly if you lift the lid, just enough room to tip a bucket etc

I scrogged my homemade dwc my first try and if you’ll notice I now have a scrogdawg special built. It’s a real pain in the ass syphoning the contents out and refilling it, with the res I actually saw a temp drop as the buckets are covered by the canopy and the res is outside the tent. It’s typically at ambient or a degree or two below. So for me around 70-72F. Use a little Z7 and I haven’t seen anything but clear nutrient water no clouds or growth whatsoever, hell there’s not even any slime.

Up-potted my Cheese auto today. I should have taken a picture of the roots but never thought of it till after, they looked good to me. I really have no idea what I'm doing in soil, did some reading on here and I'll hope for the best. Blended ProMix and Perlite. Mixed my Flora Series nutes to 500 ppm with PH at 6.7 and gave her a drink. Have I missed anything???

If I remember correctly (which I dont always) you want that ph down a bit lower. 500 may be a touch high but not enough to cause trouble. Overall I thi k your doing it right. but that's all just going off what I remember from the soil folks I follow

Up-potted my Cheese auto today. I should have taken a picture of the roots but never thought of it till after, they looked good to me. I really have no idea what I'm doing in soil, did some reading on here and I'll hope for the best. Blended ProMix and Perlite. Mixed my Flora Series nutes to 500 ppm with PH at 6.7 and gave her a drink. Have I missed anything???

6.7 aint bad. 6.3-6.5 is prefered for soil. Cant remember who it was but someone posted a chart that showed the different ph levels that different nutrients are taken up in soil and 6.3-6.5 is perfect... apparently. Its done me ok so far so yer :D

She is looking good. She is a very dark green so plenty of N for sure. I do not even check the ph of my water before feeding. In soil there should be enough buffer to take it to where the plant wants it. Don't over think it.

She is looking good. She is a very dark green so plenty of N for sure. I do not even check the ph of my water before feeding. In soil there should be enough buffer to take it to where the plant wants it. Don't over think it.

I'm just gonna follow your lead till harvest JM. lol.

Those example pics are prime and perfect. Plants are looking great.
Heres a nute chart I'm pretty sure its for soil (the green highlite down the middle)

Thanks dude. I've seen that chart before somewhere, but didn't have a copy of it.

Have to remember I am organic, you are synthetic with nutes. I am sure that there are differences. A very solid understanding of what is going on with a soil grow will shed light onto things in hydro. Think of the soil growing as the crash test dummy's.

Back
Top Bottom