Scroggin In The Greenhouse Blueberry OG Kush, WW, Scooby Snacks #1

Yes, there are no rules. I like the small screen project. I would have gone a little larger in screen size but it's kinda late in the season and you'll be flowering soon. The stretch will overtake that quickly so manage what you can while you can. I'd even train them outside the frame with a screen that small. No rules...lol. I always work from below on a scrog. Let the growth grow through 4-6in and then pull from underneath and guide the branch...tie it in place if it's being stubborn. I never weave over...always from below. Once they end the stretch you can weave anyway you like but until then it's just easier to work from below. Scrogs are fun and productive but after this years experience in the gh I see no need for a screen in the future. I plan on building a large grow box in the gh for winter grows and will prob scrog that but in the summer I think I'm going to grow some trees with some regenerated clones.
:thanks:

Today I trimmed some leaf from one of my widows. Opened up a few bud sites to the light. Since these have stopped stretching its time to start trimming. I remove leaf sparingly as the grow moves on into flowering. I want the plant left looking almost undisturbed but yet more open. Leaf has a important roll so removing to much to soon is not desirable. Top pic start...bottom is done. I'll trim a little more in the next few weeks if I have to but for now she's good to go with more sites open and deeper light penetration.
hm8DJhi.jpg
v9kg7j1.jpg

Nice Jim. Old timer still got it!!!
Let the games start:morenutes:

A update on a few things going on in the gh.

The scrog screen is unruly and outta control...lol. I had every intention of doing more training but fuck it. It is what it is and it will grow how it grows. I'll soon jump in there and clean out some fan leaves but other than that I think its good to go.
AUG 5, 2020 The last training
nrt1Uj5.jpg

AUG 27, 2020 The stretch seems to be slowing down. I may get a few more inches outta these girls but for the most part its bud time. I used a FF 1qt bottle to compare height. I'll jump in there in a few days and start trimming out some leaf to open up the canopy a little.
xz2pkV7.jpg
s

The clones are doing well. Today I found two scooby snacks with hairy balls. These are two I had taken before I knew the parents had hermied. This pretty much lets me know it was a genetic thing and not anything else. So, and then there were 19. Still plenty enough to add some weight at the end.
3jDQktF.jpg

7YEYN3g.jpg

Scooby Snacks....I have three left plus a few clones. The 3 large plants are in different stages of budding. This is the one I crushed the main stem near the base of the plant a few weeks ago. It is a bit ahead in development compared to her sister in the pic below this one. This has a delicious aroma already. I wish I had the area to maintain a mother plant through the winter. This would be a good one to keep if the potency is there...and I've gotta hunch it will be.
CiPHg6J.jpg

Just a step or two behind her sister who received the heavy stress. I may shock this one soon. Maybe give her a few more weeks and then take the pliers to her...lol.
qvtfdhY.jpg

The White Widow keeps chugging along and from what I can tell she will be done in about a month.
dW0sPxv.jpg

bpCC0Xw.jpg

X4sEJYi.jpg

The other two are moving along as well. They have stopped the stretch and settling into flower mode. I can't wait to grow more of these next year. I think WW is my favorite strain ever. So easy to grow and powerful.
hmcApxu.jpg
fXovr2S.jpg

The White Widow keeps chugging along and from what I can tell she will be done in about a month.
dW0sPxv.jpg

bpCC0Xw.jpg

X4sEJYi.jpg

The other two are moving along as well. They have stopped the stretch and settling into flower mode. I can't wait to grow more of these next year. I think WW is my favorite strain ever. So easy to grow and powerful.
hmcApxu.jpg
fXovr2S.jpg
Everything is looking super jim, youve got me excited to find some good ww genetics! For the most part everything except those scooby snacks seem to be showing the love:circle-of-love:

Looking great Jim!!

Which "manipulation" were you talking about on my thread?

The balls on you to crush the main stem near the base of that one plant though! :laughtwo:

Was that what you were talking about?
Nope, this other thing takes a little time. I'll post the results soon but the best part so far is...the plant survived...lol.

Everything is looking super jim, youve got me excited to find some good ww genetics! For the most part everything except those scooby snacks seem to be showing the love:circle-of-love:
Yeah man, I'm really digging the aroma from the snacks. I'm hoping this will be my bedtime strain. I've got ten more seeds of them for a future grow. It's been a picky strain to grow but I'd grow it again. Thanks for stopping in.

Yeah man, I'm really digging the aroma from the snacks. I'm hoping this will be my bedtime strain. I've got ten more seeds of them for a future grow. It's been a picky strain to grow but I'd grow it again. Thanks for stopping in.
Couldnt pass up on the scooby snacks :yummy:Indeed looks like a tough one! Snacks has a nice resin building on her too! Those ten will be the chosen ones! :cheer:
Whats the aromas like?

Couldnt pass up on the scooby snacks :yummy:Indeed looks like a tough one! Snacks has a nice resin building on her too! Those ten will be the chosen ones! :cheer:
Whats the aromas like?
Fruity almost a candy like smell. These may or may not purple up a little. This is the breeder pic.
SS1-Leafly.jpg

This is a Blueberry/Kush. One of the many I have growing right now. Only exception is this plant got some ph problems when the others did not. So, I've been trying to help her green up and finish along in the flower stage. I don't expect a lot from her. I'd be happy with just a few ozs. I flushed it a few times and recharged the soil but she resisted my efforts. So, now I just feed her leftovers from the others catch pan runoff. To help her along I've decided to manipulate her a little and see if I can boost her progress.

This technique has been around for a long time. I'm just simply bringing it forward and playing around a little with a plant I expected to loose.

I started with carpet cutters and made a 3" slice down the center of her main stem near the bottom. Once the knife punched through I twisted it to open a gap and continued to twist back and forth until it was pretty easy to slide the knife in and out of the stem. Once I had a opening large enough I took a Allen wrench and jammed it into the gap. The allen wrench is about half the width of the stem so the gap needed a little more room to fit the wrench. I used the knife once more to widen the space. Eventually wrench slid in there and I checked to make sure the plant was still stable enough to hold its own weight. She was fine.
at4teuk.jpg
3vUaEdf.jpg

With fingers crossed I left her overnight and was pleasantly surprised to see her alive and well the next day. It's been 5 days since the damage. I see her filling out a little quicker or is that just my hopeful wish....lol.
L is Sunday 8/23 (damage day) and R is Friday 8/28.
cLOymqD.jpg

I see her greening up a little better. This is a shot of her on the 20th and the 28th. I see improvement in color. I don't think the damage had anything to do with this recovery of color. I think she's just finally responding.
XzFl8i3.jpg

Lets see what she looks like in a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom