Seamus' - Anxiolyticure - First Grow: Hydro Organic White Rhino/KC 36/Liberty Haze

Re: Seamus' - Anxiolyticure - First Grow: Hydro Organic White Rhino/KC 36/Liberty Haz

I would leave the White Rhino seedling and see how it develops before killing it. It may straighten out as new nodes grow.

Re: Seamus' - Anxiolyticure - First Grow: Hydro Organic White Rhino/KC 36/Liberty Haz

Day 15
In which we hold steady.

OK! Thanks, KJC, for the advice on the runt.

Temps, humidity, parts per million and PH are all holding steady in acceptable ranges.

Last night, I drank a beer too many and decided to put another KC36 seed in the cup where the dud was.
My reasoning was this: I'm going to be using X amount of nutrients anyway. Let's say this seed pops, but doesn't really get 5 full weeks of veg and is a bit smaller. If it's a girl, at least I'll get a few more buds off of it, right? Even an ounce would be welcomed. So, since I have more of those seeds than any other, I figured, what the hell, you know? Let's do it.

The one that didn't pop is going into a pot. Maybe it'll be happier in soil?

Are you giving them macro, and micro elements? Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like yellowing, and yellow veining on the LH - and that makes me ask. I'm a dirt farmer, so I don't know how you mix your res, but something might be a little bit off. My LH is slow, but not as slow as yours, and I'm in dirt. Are you adding Cal/Mag?

Hope it's just my failing eyesight! :high-five::peace:

Day 18
In which I f*** up, but remain quite chill about it.

First, to answer your questions:
:nomo:out of curiosity are any roots visible underneath net pots and you were flipping them at 5 weeks / day35? Looking Good Man :cheer:

Yep, closetorganic, I have roots showing for the four largest plants but not the runt yet.
I will try to take a photo of the roots this week for you.
My goal is to flip them at Day 35 no matter what, because I really have to harvest mid December and that gives me 9-10 weeks of flower.

Are you giving them macro, and micro elements? Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like yellowing, and yellow veining on the LH - and that makes me ask. I'm a dirt farmer, so I don't know how you mix your res, but something might be a little bit off. My LH is slow, but not as slow as yours, and I'm in dirt. Are you adding Cal/Mag?
Hope it's just my failing eyesight! :high-five::peace:

No, carestaker, I'm not adding Cal/Mag. The Flora series Expert recirculating feeding schedule does not call for it. Do you think that I should consider adding that in?

As for the yellowing, it seems to have affected only the first set of leaves...As you can see in the updated photos below, things are looking quite good as of this morning. I really think that the little discoloration I was getting was the result of wind burn on the small seedlings. I turned of my big fan and left the small one on them.

It seems to me that all of these plants are too slow, frankly. My Liberty Haze is the best of the bunch.

Because things seem to be developing so slowly, I decided not to worry about the tip burn, call that wind burn which is resolved, and give the girls a full week 2 feeding with my res change yesterday.

Unfortunately, due to external distractions (football!), I misread the chart at one point and made some mistakes.
However, I have decided that I'm going to let things go with the mix as it was, since I don't want to waste the nutrients that I mixed in, and I really think it's close enough.

If I see any sign of nutrient burn at all this week, I'm going to drain and try again. Otherwise, hold steady.
I'm hoping a full feeding will speed things up for me, but I don't know. We'll see.

Today's Readings
1250 PPM (total)
1125 PPM (nutrients)
6.1 PH

In my 6 gallon reservoir I now have:

Base Nutrient
60 ml FloraMicro <--should've been 45 ml
60 ml FloraGro
15 ml FloraBloom

Roots
10 ml RapidStart <-- should've been 15 ml
6ish drops of SuperThrive

Weight
60 ml Diamond Nectar

Aroma & Size
5 ml Floralicious Plus
60 ml FloraBlend

In the following photos, Plant #2 is at the top.
White Rhino
IMG_20130923_092200.jpg

KC36
IMG_20130923_092209.jpg

Liberty Haze
IMG_20130923_092226.jpg

Day 20
Truckin'. Like the do-dah man.

Wow! First drain & replace did indeed kick a growth spurt in as Tulip predicted it would.
I believe that my plants are behind where they should be, but they look healthy and happy and so I'm cool for the moment.
If I have to veg them for 6 weeks, I can live with that, I suppose.

Question for my friends following along: At what point should I start topping &/or fimming? Now?

Pictures today include some group shots as well as photos of the roots, which CareStaker requested. :high-five:

White Rhino

white_rhino110.jpg

white_rhino210.jpg

roots_whrhn2.jpg

group_whrhn.jpg

KC36

group145.jpg

KC36_11.jpg

rootsKC36.jpg

Liberty Haze

group_libhz.jpg

liberty_haze11.jpg

liberty_haze2.jpg

roots_libhz1.jpg

As always, :thanks: to my :420: friends for following along.

:Namaste:

Day 21
Taking pause

There must be some serious PH buffers in this nutrient cocktail, because I put a whole dropper full of PH Down in yesterday and the PH went from 6.3 to 6.0.
This is the second time I was aiming for the low end of the PH range and failed to get there.
Oddly, the chem PH test kit registers a low 5 -- only slightly red -- while the PH pen registers a 6.0.

My only concern is that there are nutrients in the 5.5 to 6.0 range which only uptake in that lower band.

But, the plants look rather happy so I should just stop worrying about it I suppose and let them grow!

I thought they would be faster. I am starting to get concerned that they are not bigger, here only two weeks from the flip.
Thoughts?

I did raise the lights up one notch...

I am waiting to top or fim the plants until after their 7-pronged fan leaves develop. I hope that is right, barring input that's my plan.

Any help here on the slow growth would be very appreciated!

Good day and good weed my friend. on topping its a personal choice dependent on your chosen path of training etc for the future. For me personally I normally top after sixth node. That is what I did with my Blue Venom that won last month. Then I went and got greedy and left my present girl Queen Tutt till 8 nodes before topping. Now I'm gonna have a nightmare of a plant! (for my space) So its up to you really my friend just what type of girl do you want to sculpt?

Wow, Looking good man.:high-five: Those roots look great, so you will very likely see some very rigorous growth in the near term. Your Haze is looking great! Mine is also slow, and so I topped her at node 7, with the hope that this will wake her up. :bravo::peace:

Day 23
In which I fail at FIMing.

Today I did a full drain & replace and

Well. They're growing fairly well now, so I decided it was time to FIM the on KC36 plant I have, thinking it would be the male (the rest are from feminized seeds) and if I made a mistake, perhaps it would be less tragic.

I do think I did it wrong, frankly, because it doesn't look like other FIM'd plants I have seen. I don't see four new main stems growing out.

I will try to post a day 25 photo with a better close up.

I don't know if I can bring myself to cut the other plants. I apparently suck at this part of it. Perhaps I will just let them grow as nature intended.

The FIM'd KC36 plant:
IMG_20130929_001129.jpg

Group shot:
IMG_20130928_235731.jpg

Day 25
In which I try again.

Ok, so I tried to FIM the KC36 and clearly I did it wrong, because it's basically just growing normally with leaves that are essentially cut in half.
Question is, what, if anything, should I do to the plant to try to help it recover?
This plant is important, because it's the only non-feminized plant that made it through so far, so I am hoping it will be my only male.
You can see it clearly in this shot:

KC36_FIM.jpg

I decided to try to FIM the largest of the plants, which is Liberty Haze #1.
Check out the two photos that follow, and let me know if you guys think I did it correctly this time:

LH1_FIMd_close.jpg

LH1_FIMd.jpg

Here's some more plant photos for you.

White Rhino
whrhno1.jpg

KC36:
KC362.jpg

Liberty Haze:
LH28.jpg

LibHaze.jpg

The Stink Bucket

So, my wife mentioned the smell for the first time this weekend, which meant it was time to make my stink bucket.

The small fan is now being used for this bucket, the bottom half of which holds water, ice, and one scoop of Ona gel.
A note for those of you who are thinking about making one of these, when you use an oscillating tool to cut large holes in these plastic buckets, the process produces a whole lot of fine plastic dust which is really nasty. Try to do this outside if you can.
Anyway, it works. The Ona is definitely the only thing you can smell now!

stinkbuck4.jpg

stinkbuck3.jpg

stinkbuck2.jpg

stinkbuck1.jpg

I only tried the FIM technique once, and didn't have any success, so I would be the wrong one to speak to that, but I like the bucket! I have 4 fans exactly like that one in the closet, lol. That Ona gel works really well, we have it all over the house, and you can smoke a joint, walk outside for 5 minutes, and you can't smell any weed.

Day 25
Ruminations

I should note that the largest plant, which was the one I attempted to FIM today, has some curling fan leaves. Looks like overwater or underwatering, but I don't know what might be causing it. It's just that one plant though, and the two sets of fan leaves nearest to the oscillating fan. Weird, but I'm not going to panic about it at the moment.

Readings last night:
PPM @ 1450
PH @ 5.6

My drain & replace was last Saturday, it being Monday now. The res smells a bit more than it used to, but then I'm at a full nutrient solution now. I am keeping close watch on those roots, I do NOT want them to get rotten. There is a full measure of RapidStart in there at the moment, but I'm all out after this week.

I am quite concerned about the FIM on the biggest plant. (See my first Day 25 post above.)
I really feel like I should top the White Rhino and the other Liberty Haze plant, it seems like topping is just so simple compared to FIMing the plant. On the other hand, perhaps I should just let them go. I'll wait a few days to hear back from you guys.

I really think I am going to have to leave them in the veg phase for more than 35 days.
I want to grow them as big as I can, to increase my yield.
I might veg for 40 days, or even 42. or, I might flip at 38, which is the weekend after week 5 ends.
I guess I will let you guys weigh in when the time gets closer, and we'll decide together.
I can't go past 42 days.

I figure if I get PH right, the plants will recover from my stupidity.
I'm trying not to worry too much about it...

Do you guys think I will need more lights once they grow oh so big?
I was thinking about maybe putting some LED side lights around, but then I don't know what kelvin rating those things are.

:thanks: in advance to all my :420: friends!

Nice stink bucket anxiolyticure
I recently have been watching a seedling I attempted fim on that was too lite like your first one.YOur only problem are those 2 odd leaves.YOu could refim or top which had me thinking along with you vegging that long you might want to picture how big they will get.I dont hydro grow but have only so much space. Now I think topping would be better for you than fimming so those plants dont bush out so close together .Hieght is not always the best but there are other things or training to do like a scrog or lst to help increase your yeild too.
Sorry if I sound like a know it all but just a heads up to you.:lot-o-toke::peace:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom