Season of Autos - 2016 Soon To Be Spring Grow - Mars Hydro LED

LOL! Bag seed Mary, looking like royalty! I love it! .

From Aug. 17, 2015.

IMG_090318.JPG

Wow Jim! Look at Mary go!! I think she's gonna give you a more potent medicine this time. She looks like a totally different plant, doesn't she?

Auto-flowering Strains Day 50

Ultraviolet Auto
- Mainly Sativa. White Dwarf x Skunk x Lavender, THC 21% (Breeder 75 days)
Pineapple Express Auto x 2 - Indica Dominant. Big Bud x Skunk x Ruderalis THC 22% (Breeder 65 to 70 days)
Sugar Mango Ryder Auto - Hybrid. Low Ruderalis x Santa Maria from Brazil THC 18% (Breeder 45 to 55 days)

All the autos got fed this morning with a mix of Molasses, Big Bloom, Cal mag and Epsom salt. I did not adjust pH which was 7.2. There could be 3 more weeks left on these and they will get jammed with the Big Bloom and I'll add Overdrive next week.

The re-veg girls got their mix with Molasses, Cal mag Epsom salt and Budswell. pH was 7.16 and not adjusted. Jack Herer and White Widow started their training this week. Mary got some adjustment to her restraints. We'll see how this goes.

Cuts/clones got RO water and trimmed of yellow. It's been 10 days and I'm seeing some root development. Gel product is keeping those cuts green near the product. All yellow removed there.

Have a great day folks. :love:

Team Home Jerseys
IMG_33689.JPG

Team Away Jerseys
IMG_337010.JPG

Sugar Mango She is now 18 inches.

IMG_33714.JPG
IMG_337211.JPG
IMG_33738.JPG

Pineapple Express Blue Pot and 5 gal softie

IMG_33778.JPG
IMG_337810.JPG
IMG_33809.JPG
IMG_337912.JPG

IMG_338112.JPG
IMG_338210.JPG
IMG_338312.JPG
IMG_338413.JPG
IMG_338511.JPG

Ultraviolet A whopping 5 1/2 inches.

IMG_33748.JPG
IMG_33757.JPG
IMG_337610.JPG

White Widow Re-veg

IMG_338611.JPG
IMG_338711.JPG

Mary Re-veg

IMG_339011.JPG
IMG_339111.JPG
IMG_339212.JPG
IMG_339313.JPG
IMG_339410.JPG

Jack Herer Re-veg

IMG_33889.JPG

IMG_33898.JPG

Cuts/Clones

IMG_339510.JPG
IMG_339613.JPG
IMG_339711.JPG
IMG_33989.JPG
IMG_33994.JPG
IMG_34003.JPG
IMG_34045.JPG

Nice update Magic dude,

Do the gel clones have any roots developing?

:circle-of-love:

I'm assuming that roots are developing. I tried very hard to see them. Maybe I'll get the loupe out but eventually I may have to pull them out of those little cups to be sure. I could probably kill them one at a time.:whoa::whoa::whoa:

So after Cannafan raised this root issue, I decided to go back and read the bottle instructions. Can take up to 4 weeks and gel needs to be topped off every so often as it shrinks and will pull itself apart. Logically, I thought about this topping off but never acted. This stuff is more of a "holding" substance vs a growing medium. Label indicates to up pot them anytime after root development is noted. I can't see through the stuff so I'll inspect one later.

I chose Jack Herer this morning as I've been smoking White Widow for about a week. Jack is more appealing to me. Still my fave. JH re-veg looked good this morning all strapped down and straining toward the light.

I chose Jack Herer this morning as I've been smoking White Widow for about a week. Jack is more appealing to me. Still my fave.

Have you noticed that after a week or two of smoking the same thing that a tolerance builds up and the buzz just isnt as good? I have. Its nice to have enough weed to be able to switch it up when needed right :laughtwo::passitleft:

I have had folks ask me why I don't find a strain I like and grow just that one and get really good at one strain...:straightface: well cause I like getting stoned...:tokin: after about a week I would be smokin' a zip a week if I didn't grow so many different strains... plus I like the not knowing if there is going to be a little difference in how it grows... I like watching them grow....:dreamy: I obviously need to get a life...:)....:circle-of-love:

Have you noticed that after a week or two of smoking the same thing that a tolerance builds up and the buzz just isnt as good? I have. Its nice to have enough weed to be able to switch it up when needed right :laughtwo::passitleft:

Yep....I've noticed that. I only have 3 strains right now and it's a little like juggling.

I have had folks ask me why I don't find a strain I like and grow just that one and get really good at one strain...:straightface: well cause I like getting stoned...:tokin: after about a week I would be smokin' a zip a week if I didn't grow so many different strains... plus I like the not knowing if there is going to be a little difference in how it grows... I like watching them grow....:dreamy: I obviously need to get a life...:)....:circle-of-love:

Dennise....I like getting stoned too.....and I need to get a life too. I am so interested in growing my bagseed Mary out under the LEDs. I had really very little of that weed but it was so good to me back then. It was moderately seeded bud and I'd love to know what the crosses were. I just think weed is special stuff.

I don't want to get a life. Had one once, was way too stressful. :rofl:

Hey Magic dude, that's interesting on that gel. I'm wondering.....if that isn't the stuff that is used to ship garden cuttings, like bushes and fruit trees in. I ordered several varieties of trees and plants online and all of the cuttings were wrapped up in a gel.
I had no idea what it was or what to call it in a search, but it kept them moist for the journey without being a liquid. Can't wait to see what you get there on rooting.

I want some of that!

I don't want to get a life. Had one once, was way too stressful. :rofl:

Hey Magic dude, that's interesting on that gel. I'm wondering.....if that isn't the stuff that is used to ship garden cuttings, like bushes and fruit trees in. I ordered several varieties of trees and plants online and all of the cuttings were wrapped up in a gel.
I had no idea what it was or what to call it in a search, but it kept them moist for the journey without being a liquid. Can't wait to see what you get there on rooting.

I want some of that!

Yep, I've bought bundles of tomatoes wrapped up in gel and I'm pretty sure this is just the same stuff. I took the 3 Jack Herers out of the K cups and gel this morning and it's possible that some fibrous roots were there but I didn't see any. I just jammed the cuts into Jiffy puts and my mix and watered well. They spent the day in mottled sunlight today and appear fresh.

JH cuts that were in rock wool also had no roots but a few bumps. These were fairly woody stems so I understand it take longer. Anyway, these got shoved in mix in Jiffy cups too.

Tomorrow I will build a DIY bucket cloner and see if I can make that work. I got all kinds of little misters and tubing and stuff.

I think I've also come to the conclusion that cloning under LED is probably not the way to go here and I'll probably rig up CFLs over the bucket cloner.

Graytail once advised me to shade them from the light somehow, possibly tucked back onto a corner or off to the side. I'm watching you do this Jim. I' hoping it'll make my own venture into cloning easier. :love:

Yep, I've bought bundles of tomatoes wrapped up in gel and I'm pretty sure this is just the same stuff. I took the 3 Jack Herers out of the K cups and gel this morning and it's possible that some fibrous roots were there but I didn't see any. I just jammed the cuts into Jiffy puts and my mix and watered well. They spent the day in mottled sunlight today and appear fresh.

JH cuts that were in rock wool also had no roots but a few bumps. These were fairly woody stems so I understand it take longer. Anyway, these got shoved in mix in Jiffy cups too.

Tomorrow I will build a DIY bucket cloner and see if I can make that work. I got all kinds of little misters and tubing and stuff.

I think I've also come to the conclusion that cloning under LED is probably not the way to go here and I'll probably rig up CFLs over the bucket cloner.

I agree, my clones took forever under the LED. I went back to a small CFL fixture hanging directly over the cloning bucket. I only have two bulbs in it, one of each 5000K and 6500K. They do perfectly fine with that, always have.

When I first started growing I was told that I had to have a humidity dome for clones, so I bought one of the trays with the dome. Out of laziness I began just putting them under a cfl in rockwool keeping it extremely wet, no dome. Worked fine. Now I don't use a dome at all, just the bubble bucket with the light. And I don't find the need to mist them either. Others mist them and they seem to be fine though.

And you are right on the woody stems, my reveg clones have wood stems and they take at least a week longer than veg plant clones for sure. :)

Back
Top Bottom