Season of Autos - 2016 Soon To Be Spring Grow - Mars Hydro LED

I agree, my clones took forever under the LED. I went back to a small CFL fixture hanging directly over the cloning bucket. I only have two bulbs in it, one of each 5000K and 6500K. They do perfectly fine with that, always have.

When I first started growing I was told that I had to have a humidity dome for clones, so I bought one of the trays with the dome. Out of laziness I began just putting them under a cfl in rockwool keeping it extremely wet, no dome. Worked fine. Now I don't use a dome at all, just the bubble bucket with the light. And I don't find the need to mist them either. Others mist them and they seem to be fine though.

And you are right on the woody stems, my reveg clones have wood stems and they take at least a week longer than veg plant clones for sure. :)

The bucket cloner has been made. I used a submersible water pump and 1/2 inch flexible tubing plugged at one end. Once the net cups and cloning collar inserts are in, the water drains and is recirculated.

Here's a short video.

[video=youtube;zPzbjv6hiUU]
[/video]

Now....I set it up somewhere under some CFLs and take some more cuts when the collars arrive. Ordered those from Cramazon today.

Auto-flowering Strains Day 55

Ultraviolet Auto
- Mainly Sativa. White Dwarf x Skunk x Lavender, THC 21% (Breeder 75 days)
Pineapple Express Auto x 2 - Indica Dominant. Big Bud x Skunk x Ruderalis THC 22% (Breeder 65 to 70 days)
Sugar Mango Ryder Auto - Hybrid. Low Ruderalis x Santa Maria from Brazil THC 18% (Breeder 45 to 55 days)

So I've tried to stay busy doing one thing or another but most of what I do is goof off and get high. I'm still not pleased with the yellowing crispy leaves I'm creating here. I may crank the vent fan to maximum but it sounds like a white noise machine at full song now.

Anyway, everything was watered today and major crispy leaves were defoliated as necessary. I guess it all comes down to that old saw that I'm not growing leaves, I'm growing buds. With that in mind, the autos were provided Big Bloom and Overdrive today. Pineapple Express smells delicious. I can't describe it but I wanted to get that sticky all over my fingers. I also want to steal a little taster but left them to grow.

I'm tickled about the re-veg. I still need to free up some of the interior growth and I want to take some more cuts but what the heck am I gonna do with all these clones if they all take root. LOL. I'm not that good.

Have a great day folks. :love:

Team

IMG_34086.JPG

After maintenance

IMG_34267.JPG

Sugar Mango 18 inches.

IMG_34099.JPG
IMG_34106.JPG

Pineapple Express Blue Pot and 5 gal softie

IMG_341410.JPG
IMG_34155.JPG
IMG_341610.JPG
IMG_34176.JPG

IMG_34189.JPG
IMG_341910.JPG

Ultraviolet 5 1/2 inches and stacking those bud sites. Pistils still forming and busting out in frosty trichomes.....Yummy

IMG_34127.JPG
IMG_34138.JPG

White Widow Re-veg

IMG_34248.JPG
IMG_342511.JPG

Mary Re-veg

Forgot to take Mary's picture too

Jack Herer Re-veg

IMG_34208.JPG

IMG_34215.JPG

Hi Magic guy,

Do your plants get any Cal/Mag boost in anything you feed?

I've just had to give some to two of my plants, one Auto and one Photo, because the leaves look like they are suffering Cal deficiency. This sometimes happens even with my special soil blend.

Just curious what percentage of nutrients for the plants in your feed schedule?

:circle-of-love:

Hi Magic guy,

Do your plants get any Cal/Mag boost in anything you feed?

I've just had to give some to two of my plants, one Auto and one Photo, because the leaves look like they are suffering Cal deficiency. This sometimes happens even with my special soil blend.

Just curious what percentage of nutrients for the plants in your feed schedule?

Yes....I've been adding Cal mag to each watering regardless of whatever else I give. While I believe my issue is partially cal deficiency, I also think that my babes are just a little stressed by heat. Tent ran 84 F all day yesterday and I just believe that is a little hot.

Now there are two possible other issue here. The cal mag is by RAW nutrients and I just don't see anyone singing praises but then I think it might be such a generic product that one might be as good as another. Last year I ran 2 separate thermometers and I never knew which one was correct.

and this is first run of my soil mix and it could be fouled.

Oh that is a few variables ya got goin' on there Magic...:straightface: So which themometer do you read now..:confused: I think you're right on the cal/mag being such a generic item the brand really isn't an issue... I honestly don't even know who made the one I have in there right now... and I run my tent 80 - 84 most any given day and I was taught that up to 86 is optimal... now with all my nonsense being said I know all growers do everything differently and we all have our comfort zones but I have run entire grows pretty much at 86 degrees with lights on and it was all good... I actually dropped it a few degrees by putting a a/c in that room but I digress... I don't think a day at 84 would stress your gals that much.... I hope your having a blessed and green day and nice video on the cloner...:goodjob:....:circle-of-love:

I'm going to compare labels to Raw and my GH brand Cal/Mag just to see if there is any real difference. Can't imagine there would be, but just to satisfy my curiosity.

I think your heat is okay too, but the question that brings up for me is what your humidity level is at?

I tried to see it in your pics, but couldn't make it out.

What was your run off PH reading last?

I'm hoping the cal/mag takes care of the issue on my auto too.

And I agree, Ultraviolet looks Yummly! :circle-of-love:

Howdy MJ, if I had to guess I'd say it's a ph problem. You're checking every watering right? Every time I had those issues it was always related to ph, either in my soil or my feed. Well I lied, also had an overwatering issue and an over feed issue lol.

Some times those stressed plants end up the most potent but much time worrying in between.

Much love brother! :circle-of-love:

I'm going to compare labels to Raw and my GH brand Cal/Mag just to see if there is any real difference. Can't imagine there would be, but just to satisfy my curiosity.

I think your heat is okay too, but the question that brings up for me is what your humidity level is at?

I tried to see it in your pics, but couldn't make it out.

What was your run off PH reading last?

I'm hoping the cal/mag takes care of the issue on my auto too.

And I agree, Ultraviolet looks Yummly! :circle-of-love:

Howdy MJ, if I had to guess I'd say it's a ph problem. You're checking every watering right? Every time I had those issues it was always related to ph, either in my soil or my feed. Well I lied, also had an overwatering issue and an over feed issue lol.

Some times those stressed plants end up the most potent but much time worrying in between.

Much love brother! :circle-of-love:

Wow....both of you have given me much to think about. I am treating this grow much differently than my first. I have only measured and adjusted pH of the feed to 6 or below. I haven't measured run off. I also haven't recorded the humidity in my notes or in pics as before so I guess I broke my own rule. I attribute some of this to my laziness and being high all the time so it's all good. I've been smoking, vaping, hooting, oiling and eating my own produce since last year.

Maybe I'll see if my pH meter is ok. I have those solutions for checking the accuracy.

In any event, this is what they look like this morning. I got my cloning plugs yesterday so I'm interested in getting some new cuts from Jack Herer and Bagseed Mary. My interests have too many tentacles. These autos are on day 56 so they're basically in the final stages of their lives. Humidity is a little on high side last 4 days and I need to move my dehumidifier to the GR.

IMG_34349.JPG

Team

IMG_34277.JPG
IMG_34287.JPG

Sugar Mango

IMG_34299.JPG

White Widow reveg

IMG_34307.JPG

Pineapple Express softie

IMG_34319.JPG

Jack Herer

IMG_34327.JPG

Bagseed Mary

IMG_34336.JPG

Pineapple Express blue

IMG_34356.JPG

Ultraviolet

IMG_34368.JPG

Cuts in gel

IMG_34376.JPG

Anyway, I'm happy today and thank God for my abundance. I'm gonna go love on my cats. Thanks for your input.
:circle-of-love::love::thanks:

Magic I'm gonna guess that if you are putting it in at a pH of 6 by the time you get through your dirt which again I'm going to assume has buffers in it... I bet your runoff is really low and I bet cha that is what is causing some of your issues... Try and check the pH of your next watering runoff if you can....:goodjob:....:circle-of-love:

Magic I'm gonna guess that if you are putting it in at a pH of 6 by the time you get through your dirt which again I'm going to assume has buffers in it... I bet your runoff is really low and I bet cha that is what is causing some of your issues... Try and check the pH of your next watering runoff if you can....:goodjob:....:circle-of-love:

:thumb:

And give the kitties some love from all of us too.

:thumb:

And give the kitties some love from all of us too.

I'm really starting to worry about my oldest. She is starting to act really strange. She spent the night in my bed last night and she's only done that before if I were sick.

Not sure why she's doing it now unless I'm sick and don't know it....LOL

The cloner is full.

IMG_34387.JPG

Auto-flowering Strains Day 57

Ultraviolet Auto
- Mainly Sativa. White Dwarf x Skunk x Lavender, THC 21% (Breeder 75 days)
Pineapple Express Auto x 2 - Indica Dominant. Big Bud x Skunk x Ruderalis THC 22% (Breeder 65 to 70 days)
Sugar Mango Ryder Auto - Hybrid. Low Ruderalis x Santa Maria from Brazil THC 18% (Breeder 45 to 55 days)

OK....so here's the progress report. My pH pen was off. Test in the 4.00 solution returned a reading of 4.33 which means 8% out of whack. That's whacked. Anyway I adjusted the pen to 4 and tested it in the 6.86 solution and it returned a true reading of 6.86. So now it's accurate for the moment.

My gut tells me that 2 weeks or more left here. We'll watch the pistils closely. I'll be going with straight water for the autos from here on in. Today's mix was Cal mag, molasses, Big Bloom and Overdrive. pH was 6.14 un-adjusted measured with the calibrated meter. Run-off from the Pex softie was measured at 6.23 pH.

Have a great day folks. :love:

Team

IMG_343913.JPG

Sugar Mango 18 inches.

IMG_344011.JPG

IMG_344511.JPG

Ultraviolet

IMG_34418.JPG

IMG_34469.JPG

Pineapple Express Blue Pot

IMG_344212.JPG

IMG_34478.JPG

Pineapple Express 5 gal softie

IMG_344312.JPG

IMG_34489.JPG

Re-veg Crew

IMG_34447.JPG

Clone project They're still alive I think. One of the rock wool babies died.

IMG_34496.JPG

Babies are looking all purty and stuff......:blushsmile: I went out to the shack today just to check on the girls and I cannot believe how much that Urban Poison auto grew over night... I'm going to load the pics and post them up... pop over and check it out in a few... She doesn't hardly look like the same girl...:yikes:....:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom