Second Grow: 2xZkittlez, 1xBlueberry 2019-2020

You feed every time your plants tell you their thirsty. You can go longer and wait till they start dropping for a sure sign that their thirsty. Get a feel of weight of pot after feeding, then when their dried out. Use the weight and eye to see when their thirsty. Weight, by lifting and, by eye, by looking at the soil. Stick your finger in the soil, those are usually easy ways to tell when to feed again.

You feed every time your plants tell you their thirsty. You can go longer and wait till they start dropping for a sure sign that their thirsty. Get a feel of weight of pot after feeding, then when their dried out. Use the weight and eye to see when their thirsty. Weight, by lifting and, by eye, by looking at the soil. Stick your finger in the soil, those are usually easy ways to tell when to feed again.

Thanks! These are all things I'm currently doing! I definitely want to error on the side of too dry than too wet.

Late as usual, but I'm now along for the ride! Your plants look happy and they're growing like weeds! :Rasta:

Thanks! These are all things I'm currently doing! I definitely want to error on the side of too dry than too wet.
Dry them out longer then you normally would. Let them droop on you. It’s a good “experiment” for new growers. Just to witness what happens. It doesn’t harm the plants. They look sad and depressed but once they get water they bounce back with no ill effects! :thumb:

edit: as long as you water them as soon as you notice them droooing. Once they droop you’ve got a bit before it’s harmful for the plants, but if you let them go too long it could cause problems. But it’s completely safe to do!

Late as usual, but I'm now along for the ride! Your plants look happy and they're growing like weeds! :Rasta:

Welcome to the party! Thanks for following along. Not TOO much to catch up on. : )

Dry them out longer then you normally would. Let them droop on you. It’s a good “experiment” for new growers. Just to witness what happens. It doesn’t harm the plants. They look sad and depressed but once they get water they bounce back with no ill effects! :thumb:

edit: as long as you water them as soon as you notice them droooing. Once they droop you’ve got a bit before it’s harmful for the plants, but if you let them go too long it could cause problems. But it’s completely safe to do!

Perfect. Thanks again for the recommendations.
Less is more for this grow. Both strains are really solid and looking good. Just need to continue to monitor the environment and amount of nutrients.

My next step after the topping and a little bit of LST, putting the trellis up. I've heard put it 9 inches from the base of the plant. Sound about right?

Watered the Blueberry yesterday, and just watered the Zkittles today. The Blueberry grew exponentially since yesterday; signaling she's getting the nutrients she needs. They went 8 days without watering.

I put up my trellis today because of how fast along they're coming. Also, both strains do exceptionally well with SCROG.

Sending love out to everyone. It's 19 degrees here. I kinda wanna go live in the tent with my plants.

Blueberry that was topped a week ago.

IMG_1719.JPG

The Zkittles. First, the runt of the group. You may remember in my journal earlier I talked about about having a zkittles that has a twisted trunk. She was topped a couple days ago and is still trying to push out some growth. Second was topped around the same time the Blueberry was.

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1722.JPG

And the Zkittles show body, ody, ody, yes ma'am.

IMG_1723.JPG

IMG_1724.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    765.5 KB · Views: 10
Just some pics. Sorry for the blurple. This blueberry is quickly becoming my favorite girl. Zkittles are still chugging along too!

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1727 2.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_1730.JPG

I know you’ve got the scrog over your girls, but I’m just so in love with training my plants out and being able to remove the plants from the net that this is what I would do with the one plant
6E111C21-1944-4BCC-800A-046519663B3B.jpeg

but that’s just me! :cheesygrinsmiley:
looking great so far!

Hmmm... I'd be interested in trying it, but I don't know how I would arrange that in my tent with the scrog net. I only have 4 posts, so doing a half/half situation would be tricky.

But guess what - I did my taxes today... annnnnnnnnnd I might be doing some additional grows soon. ;) Why did I start this expensive habit!

Hmmm... I'd be interested in trying it, but I don't know how I would arrange that in my tent with the scrog net. I only have 4 posts, so doing a half/half situation would be tricky.
Since you have the net, then it’s up to you if you do or not, I haven’t grown with a scrog before so I’m not knocking it, I just like to be able to remove the plants and look at them in normal light, and inspect the plant for bugs, or what ever it may be. So I train my plants out, and create my self an even(ish) canopy by training the plants.

But guess what - I did my taxes today... annnnnnnnnnd I might be doing some additional grows soon
Yeah... I need to do finish my paper work for my taxes so I can do the same. :smokin: (But then I got high!)

Why did I start this expensive habit!
Haha welcome to the hobby! :high-five:

it’s an expensive hobby, but your also saving money by not having to buy your own weed!:thumb::cheer:

I'm taking the scrog down for now. @Backlipslide, you got to me, but I also just noticed my plant growth slowed down as soon as a laid it down. If I'm going to put it back up, It'll be after I have a more even canopy with LST.

Plants are still looking good. A little smaller than I'd like at this point, but healthy. There's also so much you can do in a 2 x 2 tent in 3 gal pots.

Blueberry
IMG_1748.JPG

Zkittles #1

IMG_1749.JPG

Zkittles #2 w/ a pic of her twisted trunk

IMG_1750 2.JPG

IMG_1752.JPG

Been hesitant to add anything other than megacrop and molasses at this point. Oh, and some Mykorrhiza. Open to recommendations! This is week 8 since seedling.

Attachments

• IMG_1750.JPG
    IMG_1750.JPG
    859.3 KB · Views: 24
How much MC are you feeding them? They look pretty good for having no extra cal mag in the mix. If anything, I think that’s one of the best nutes to have on hand for emergency. I always like to feed the plants some cal mag every odd feeding!

Now you make me feel bad! Lol I didn’t mean to make you remove your net! As long as you say it was your idea, we’re good! Lol this is your first grow yeah? Maybe grow your first plants without a net, then for the next run, do your homework and knock it out of the park! It’s pretty easy to do though. Make sure your net is tight enough, then tuck, bend, and more tucking till about 80% of the net filled in and then flip to 12/12!:yahoo:

How much MC are you feeding them? They look pretty good for having no extra cal mag in the mix. If anything, I think that’s one of the best nutes to have on hand for emergency. I always like to feed the plants some cal mag every odd feeding!

I have calmag plus on hand, but haven't been using it. It's the plus, and I'm concerned with the amount of nitrogen it would give my plants in combination with the mega crop. I'm currently feeding them 1.5g per 1/2 gallon. Slowly inching that up.

Now you make me feel bad! Lol I didn’t mean to make you remove your net! As long as you say it was your idea, we’re good! Lol this is your first grow yeah? Maybe grow your first plants without a net, then for the next run, do your homework and knock it out of the park! It’s pretty easy to do though. Make sure your net is tight enough, then tuck, bend, and more tucking till about 80% of the net filled in and then flip to 12/12!

Not my first grow. Although my first one was a complete embarrassment. I also attempted to SCROG with my first plant, but stopped because they started flowering and I was like "wtf, these are autoflowers?" I was gonna give it another shot and I still might! I just noticed my plant growth seem to slow a bit with the net and I wanted to train them out a bit more first I think. :) It was totally my idea either way though.

Watering day for 2 of them. Didn't snap a pic, but I think they're responding really well to just getting tied down. I mean, I get it girls, so do I. :)

I slid the slower growing zkittles under the 400w, all by herself. Everyone deserves to shine once in a while. I think she's responding well to the extra light for now. Will post pics once they do a good bounce back from watering.

Some pics from yesterday. My smallest zkittles is becoming my experiment, so no pics as of now.

think it’s safe to trim them up a little?
Blueberry
07B8A112-6C48-42F2-8BC8-778CA8D84D11.jpeg

Zkittles
67297B59-FC69-4A25-86D4-E1670D2A59C9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom