Second Grow: 2xZkittlez, 1xBlueberry 2019-2020

Repotting plan:

1. Add soil to the three fabric pots and stick them inside the tent about 12 hours before replant.
2. Make indent in soil with another solo cup. build up additional soil around the cup if necessary.
3. I bought some Xtreme Gardening Mykos Pure Mycorrhizal Inoculant and will sprinkle that on the rootballs and soil indents
4. Give a good water/feed and stop at the first sign of run-off.

Any other recommendations? I've never repotted before.

CC: @farside05 @Pennywise @Jack420 @Backlipslide @bluter @Hydroholic

Sounds good, try not to compact the soil around the solos when you make your holes for transplant.

So build the soil up and then put in the indent? I'm guessing that would prevent the soil from becoming too dense at the top?

Here’s an transplanting tutorial I’ve recently done in my journal. Your welcome to check it out. Click here.

sounds like you’ve got a great idea on how to do it. What’s the purpose of leaving the soil in the tent for 12 hours?

I never put in any extra mykos, I believe there is some in my substrate I use. I’m not saying don’t do it, it never hurts. Just isn’t always necessary. :thumb: Good luck!

Here’s an transplanting tutorial I’ve recently done in my journal. Your welcome to check it out. Click here.

sounds like you’ve got a great idea on how to do it. What’s the purpose of leaving the soil in the tent for 12 hours?

I never put in any extra mykos, I believe there is some in my substrate I use. I’m not saying don’t do it, it never hurts. Just isn’t always necessary. :thumb: Good luck!

Hey, thanks! I was looking for something similar, but the search option didn't return much besides pics. I'll read up on it.

My soil is contained in a spot outside my tent and is pretty chilly. Wanted to warm it up by putting it in the tent.

@Backlipslide Great video! Intro got me teary-eyed :p

Couple questions for you:

1. How long after transplant do you wait to start LST and topping? I'm going to assume each situation is different and depends on the pot size you're going from and to, but in general, how many days would you wait?

2. When transplanting, is it better for the transplanted cup to be dry or moist? Does it matter?

Thanks!

Hello all:

I just started my second grow now and thought I would share some details. A little late in the process, but you know how busy you can be with starting a brand new grow and drying your previous one at the same time.

Feel free to follow along if you want to see the progress! Here's what I'm workin' with:

[Strain]: have 2 zkittlez from Monster Genetics and 1 blueberry from Phoenix.
[Space]: Indoor grow in a 2 x 2 x 4 tent
[Light]: Viparspectra 450w LED, Phizon 600w LED
[Medium]: Happy frog soil with perlite
[Nutrients]: Mega Crop, possibly occasional calmag if needed.
[Pots]: I will be starting them in a solo cup and transplanting to 3-gallon fiber pots

Here's a few prelim shots. One of the zkittlez has already sprouted!

CC: @Vulx @Pbass @Emilya @Jack420 @Hydroholic @bluter @Pennywise

IMG_1465.JPG

tent.png

seeds.png

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1480.JPG
Very nice setup, You will be ahead of me a week or 2. I will tag along if its ok?

Very nice setup, You will be ahead of me a week or 2. I will tag along if its ok?

Yes - of course! Are you doing a grow journal as well?

Haha thanks man!

1- It all depends on how old your plants are. Maybe update us all on how big they are... I seem to have forgotten. Ya know, it’s almost as if I smoke weed or something. Actually, I’m literally smoking a blunt right now, all by my self! :laughtwo: :blunt::cough:

ok back on track. I usually top above the fifth internode, remove the bottom two, and leave three internodes in tact. Once the branches start coming in and get long enough to tie down, then start. The earlier you start the better. When their young the branches and stem are still quite flexible. Less chance of breaking a limb if you start earlier and manipulate them into the form you want so they harden into position (as they get older and mature). I usually start all within their first pot. so for your question, (sorry I’m rambling) what I would sometimes do, is do it all at once. Top, then transplant, and give a good feeding once in the new pot. Fish emulsion or molasses Helps as a stress reliever, and helps a plant bounce back from the transplant. If you give them a good feeding after the transplant, once you go one wet/dry cycle. Normally the plants roots have a good grasp into their new home.

2-yes you can pre-wet it, I normally don’t, because I’m just skipping a step really, I’m lazy. The soil gets drenched once you give them a good feeding after the transplant anyways.

damn.. my blunt went out!

Haha thanks man!

1- It all depends on how old your plants are. Maybe update us all on how big they are... I seem to have forgotten. Ya know, it’s almost as if I smoke weed or something. Actually, I’m literally smoking a blunt right now, all by my self! :laughtwo: :blunt::cough:

ok back on track. I usually top above the fifth internode, remove the bottom two, and leave three internodes in tact. Once the branches start coming in and get long enough to tie down, then start. The earlier you start the better. When their young the branches and stem are still quite flexible. Less chance of breaking a limb if you start earlier and manipulate them into the form you want so they harden into position (as they get older and mature). I usually start all within their first pot. so for your question, (sorry I’m rambling) what I would sometimes do, is do it all at once. Top, then transplant, and give a good feeding once in the new pot. Fish emulsion or molasses Helps as a stress reliever, and helps a plant bounce back from the transplant. If you give them a good feeding after the transplant, once you go one wet/dry cycle. Normally the plants roots have a good grasp into their new home.

2-yes you can pre-wet it, I normally don’t, because I’m just skipping a step really, I’m lazy. The soil gets drenched once you give them a good feeding after the transplant anyways.

damn.. my blunt went out!

Tell you what, I'll do you one better and take a picture here in another hour or so when they wake up. They grow so fast!

If you wait till the 5th node to top, and then take it down to the 3rd node and find that to be useful before transplant, I'm wondering if I should wait a bit to transplant. They haven't shown any signs of root-bound yet.

Tell you what, I'll do you one better and take a picture here in another hour or so when they wake up. They grow so fast!

If you wait till the 5th node to top, and then take it down to the 3rd node and find that to be useful before transplant, I'm wondering if I should wait a bit to transplant. They haven't shown any signs of root-bound yet.
You can clone anything you want off a plant. (As long as the branch is long enough)

I top and train as soon as I can, to start working towards the top canopy I’m looking for.

IMG_1593.JPG

They're about 3 inches tall. The one in the back right is making it's 3rd node now; the other two are completing their 2nd.

Upon second examination, I may want to wait. The stems are still a bit flimsy.

IMG_1593.JPG

They're about 3 inches tall. The one in the back right is making it's 3rd node now; the other two are completing their 2nd.

Upon second examination, I may want to wait. The stems are still a bit flimsy.
They're already packin' more length than me! ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Off to a great start!
:welldone:

Back
Top Bottom