Shiggityflip Hits The Brix - Growing Using High Brix Soil

Looks like you found a good growing style that works very well. Great work.

Cheers

FLIP +0

Gave a Brix spray to the girls yesterday concentrating on the undersides of the leaves and a light mist on top with the flairosol sprayer. Really amazed by the fine droplets, they make a small cloud of spray. 3.5ml brix in 4oz water. Moved the HB plants to the back wall. Makes it harder to do the foliar but I didnt want to risk dripping chem nutes on the DBHBB girls when watering.

Went ahead and did a final defol before flower and this morning cut the lights off for 12.5 hours. Here we go!

image7044.jpeg
image7045.jpeg

Sweet. Luv ur DIY tendencies Shiggity .

I feel like bottom air was the one true advantage the plastic air pots held over fabric pots. Now the fabric pots can get air to the roots just like the airpots.

That's another thing I like about putting a fabric pot in a crate. :cheesygrinsmiley: I just found some square bags last night, 12x12x15 high, holding almost 9 gallons, perfect for a 15x13x10.5 crate (14x12 inside). Gotta cut a crate in half and stack it, for the extra 5 inches, but it should work great. :slide:

Search for "Gro Pro Square 7"

I have really been looking for a way to elevate the cloth pots slightly and allow air to reach the bottom of the pot. I also wanted a way to have them not sit in any water. I was racking my brain this past month and just came up with this idea this morning! It is just what I need.
1. Cheap
2. Lightweight
3. Strong
4. Easy to make
5. Durable

I put 3" of clay pebbles inside my fabric pot to achieve this.. but your way is far more engineeringy :)

I put 3" of clay pebbles inside my fabric pot to achieve this.. but your way is far more engineeringy :)
I don't want to sacrifice bag space. I also want to prevent the bag from sitting in water. And I really want oxygen to get to the very bottom directly.
how about 1/2" or 3/4" pvc tubing with small holes drilled in them. :)

This would work for sure Ziggs but who wants to spend all that time. This way takes about 1-2 minutes per saucer. Also with the ten gallon pots I am looking for the solution to be light as a feather. These heavy pots are already a bitch to move!

Someone here maybe Nicholas flamel put an airstone in a pot and pumped air. There is also a commercial product that does that. I figured I wanted a passive system that would basically allow air to reach under the pot.

i looked at the design of the plastic airpots and saw how the bottom of the pot was elevated. I wanted the same thing. To actually prevent the pot bottom from ever sitting in water. I haven't added these yet as the soil is still wet and heavy. Watering day should be today or tomorrow and the lighter soil mass should make this easier.

I have my bags sit up on seedling trays so the bottoms dont hit ground an alternative is to sit the bags in water in the saucer and have an air stone but you wouldn't want that in soil hi brix it's good to go in perlite and 20 %soil I guess we all have our own quirks and ways, P.S. shigga I use molasses and volcanic rockdust I've never used brix Hahahahaha

I feel like bottom air was the one true advantage the plastic air pots held over fabric pots. Now the fabric pots can get air to the roots just like the airpots.

Adds a layer of insulation from cold floors too, should one be foolish enough to try to grow directly on cold slab.

Considered this solution myself before we started doing up our first in fabric pots, then got lost trying to find the perfect round metal baking cooling rack online, then did nothing with it since.

So yeah, I'll probably have to waste a bunch of money first before settling on the easy and nearly free solution I should have done right from the start.

:)

I have really been looking for a way to elevate the cloth pots slightly and allow air to reach the bottom of the pot. I also wanted a way to have them not sit in any water. I was racking my brain this past month and just came up with this idea this morning! It is just what I need.
1. Cheap
2. Lightweight
3. Strong
4. Easy to make
5. Durable

IMG_50489.JPG
IMG_504910.JPG
IMG_50507.JPG
IMG_50517.JPG
IMG_505210.JPG

Great idea, I always end up having mine out and using one for feed/water then emptying it and using the others as I go. I'm gonna maybe copycat this down the line Shiggity if you don't mind? Those green trays are the cat's meow, cheap and strong! + reps to ya sir

Nice setup, I use 2 of the green trays one upside on top of larger one. Smaller one same size as pot. You might weaken pot on those sticks. But nice engineering on your part.

Cheers

Nice setup, I use 2 of the green trays one upside on top of larger one. Smaller one same size as pot. You might weaken pot on those sticks. But nice engineering on your part.

Cheers

Thanks for the warning it will be something to watch. Once I set pots into flower, the only movement they get is sliding. So I think it will probably not be an issue. If the issue does present itself I will think of something like putting some netting or plastic rabbit fencing between the sticks and pot. I may do the fencing actually, it would give a more stable platform for the pots if zip tied to the top of the sticks Next trip to the hardware store.

The best criticisms lead to the best troubleshooting.

True, it hit me after I looked at your setup. Next day it hit me, just use two trays one the pot size and one larger.

It just took a few hours for me to sober up and think.

Cheers

True, it hit me after I looked at your setup. Next day it hit me, just use two trays one the pot size and one larger.

It just took a few hours for me to sober up and think.

Cheers

I would have to perforate the smaller tray heavily, because I am looking for air from the bottom. So I think the sticks and net will be the cheapest. lightest, most airy solution for me. The whole of the bottom of the pot will be exposed to air. That's my primary goal.

Back
Top Bottom