Shiggityflip Hits The Brix - Growing Using High Brix Soil

Air, oh yeah. I saw a guy on AFN using air domes in soft pots to increase air to root zone.

Cheers

Soil Mixing.

I mixed up a new batch of Doc's soil so I thought I would go through the process.

2 37 gallon rubbermaid tubs
1 3.8cu ft Promix HP+Myco
2 15lb bags wiggly worm castings
1 bag amendment
3 gallons water

First thing I did was to split the promix evenly between the two tubs.

I then added one 15lb bag of castings to each tub.

Then weighed and split the amendment.

Mixed thoroughly "dry" then added about 1.5 gallons of water to each tub so moisten things up and set them to cook with lids on for one month. They are lifted 4" from the cold floor by an old pallet.

Yup that's all there is to it. Not a big deal by any means. It will sit for one month or more at 70 degrees and then be ready to plant!

It will sit for one month or more at 70 degrees and then be ready to plant!

I'm sure you're going to say it's not a problem, but I wanted to ask anyway.

My room temp where the tents are varies from 68-74 each day, this'll likely be where the soil would be cooking as well. Keep it up off the floor and no worries?

I'm sure you're going to say it's not a problem, but I wanted to ask anyway.

My room temp where the tents are varies from 68-74 each day, this'll likely be where the soil would be cooking as well. Keep it up off the floor and no worries?

This is straight from Doc's instructions:
"Place the above dry mix into barrels and water with 3-5 gallons of water. Stir it, mix it, turn it over....and let it sit covered for one month. Temps must be no lower than 62 degrees and no higher than 85 degrees. Lower temps can take another week to "cook" while higher temps might be ready sooner. 1 month is usually spot on.

Once the soil has cooked, it's now time to plant!"

So it seems you will be fine just give it 5 weeks instead of just one month to be sure it is cooked well.

Here is the whole "kit" instructions:

FLIP+7

Oh yeah last night the plants got a hopefully final defol and a Brix spray. 7.5ml brix in 4oz water. Man does that stuff stink! My whole baseement smelled like an alaskan fish factory compost heap! Can't wait to see the ladies tonight! Here are group pics from last night. HB plants in the row farther back. For individual pics see the Hunger games thread. The 3 twister plants in veg got the Brix as well.

IMG_51009.JPG
IMG_51017.JPG

I like the walk through on soil prep. I'm just not in a position to use it st this time. It's great to see organic growing on this scale. Keep it up mate.

Cheers

Sounds like you made a double-strength Brix spray(?).

You'll probably find a lot of rust, but it's never been an issue for the rest of us.

Heheh, get this for dumbass stonery:

I mix my foliars in a quart sprayer, with 10ml of Brix and 16oz of water. I use a graduated vial to measure and I rinse it by scooping it into the water bucket and draining it into the sprayer a few times - maybe an ounce of water. Then I fill a cup and pour in the other 15 ounces. You see what's coming?

Ya, so I screw the top on and pump 'er up good and begin spraying the room. But ... um ... huh ... I didn't put the other 15 ounces of water in there. :straightface: :laugh:

I immediately filled the rest and went back over the spots I'd hit and hoped for the best, and I got almost no burn. But whew! It's easy to burn your plants with Brix if you do it mid-day like I usually do. That's why I go half strength.

:Namaste:

Haha Graytail. Sounds like something I would do. The plants actually responded beautifully so I am lucky. I will take a pic tonight and post it. The huck kush #8 got twisted at the tips but surprisingly no burn. Very lucky on that one. I think I am going to write the foliar amounts on the sprayer body so I won't get in trouble again lol.

I label spray bottle with masking tape w/ what and conc.
I also mark the caps and handles of the jugs/containers of Docs Kit. Good way to contaminate the Products is to misplace lids to wrong containers. I know of someone that did this with non kit nutes. :)

I label spray bottle with masking tape w/ what and conc.
I also mark the caps and handles of the jugs/containers of Docs Kit. Good way to contaminate the Products is to misplace lids to wrong containers. I know of someone that did this with non kit nutes. :)

Advice well taken Ziggs! I will label the nutrient and foliar caps and handles. So far I have been good at only removing one top at a time but anything to help the stoner mind work better will be instantly instituted in Shiggy's garden.

Back
Top Bottom