Shiggityflip Hits The Brix - Growing Using High Brix Soil

Update happening today. It is very close to flip. And the high Brix plants are outdoing the Chem nute plants already.

Not surprising. I'm waiting for photos, Mr. MOTM. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Congrat's Shiggity! A well-deserved win of MotM.

Sweetsue..Congratulations to you too!! A well deserved win!

Thank you Ziggy. *giggle*. :passitleft:

How ironic - MOTY on a cannabis site and no cannabis on hand to celebrate. :laughtwo: Wait 'till I get home though. Day after tomorrow!!! :yahoo:

I had a bit of hiatus from posting it seems. I was just starting the semester and cramped for time while trying to trim almost 2lbs of bud by myself from the hunger games. So here I am again to get back on track! last update was 1-19-16 so it has been less than 2 weeks but seems much longer! Here is a progression of the high brix plants since then. High brix plants are closest to us. Their chem counterparts are behind. In the end of the garden shots the HB plants are on the left.

I have done two growth energy drenches, a destress foliar and a brix foliar during this time...

Wire training
IMG_48185.JPG
IMG_48198.JPG

IMG_48656.JPG
IMG_488010.JPG
IMG_48817.JPG

IMG_49334.JPG
IMG_49349.JPG

High Brix Huckleberry Kush #11

IMG_49357.JPG

Chem nute HK#11

IMG_49365.JPG

High brix HK11 left Chem nute HK11 right
IMG_49376.JPG

I also have a really awesome event to announce! The arrival of the Twister! Some of you know I have been awaiting the return of my holy grail plant back into the mix. My buddy made a long drive to deliver it and I gave him about 25 hunger games clones to compensate him for his troubles.(X4,X8,Ao5,HK8, HK11)

So what is the twister? And why is she so special? Well let me tell you.

Before the turn of the century I went over to amsterdam to try out some things and get some new strains under my belt. It was kind of a weird experience. A normal person would expect to be able to try some cup winners and buy the seeds. It wasn't set up that way. Shops sell what they sell. And a lot of times its not what you want to see.

I ended up visiting Mila, the creator of the ice hash method and hung out in her shop a few days. She is a really cool lady. I asked if she had any ice hash to sell and she took out a block of hash the size of a stick of butter and used a kitchen knife to cut me off a sizeable chunk. Amazing shop and experience. I got some bomb salvia from her but that's a story for another time.

I ended up finding the Flying Dutchmen seed shop and they have a really cool basement grow you can visit called the cannabis college. It is a sweet little room under the main shop and they had a few plants down there but very sizeable and growing under one 600hps each. So really nice plants. These two guys there Peter and Spencer became quick friends with me and took me around town a bit. There was also a volcano in their main shop and they gave out free hits of some of their strains.

They knew I was looking for superior genetics and steered me towards Twister. Twister is a 60/40 sat/indica strain. They said it was amazing but it had terrible germination rates. I got a bit of a discount because of that and purchased 30 seeds.

Back at home I germinated them and got 3 out of 30 so their warning was fair haha. Twister #1 was decent, a squat bushy plant but with more red hair than crystal. Twister#3 was larger with more internode space and produced some seriously large buds but they were lacking. Not lacking in comparison to normal bud but definitely lacking compared to what was produced by the Twister #2!

Twster#2 or T2 as she became affectionately known is a rare special pheno. She bushes normally into a very squat profile, one would imagine she was more indica than sativa. She has a tendency to want to overbranch so some pruning is necessary. In fact I think this strain is always on the verge of wanting to flower. Glance at her sideways and she will begin to throw pistils. Put her in a dark corner of the veg room and she will throw pistils as well. So a bit of a touchy plant but she makes up for it! When T2 is in veg I go at least 20/4.

T2 is the strongest smelling plant I have ever witnessed. I swear I can smell her through a mason jar haha. Sha has great bud structure and oozes trichomes. Her smell is a combo of cat piss, hash, and citrus. She finishes lime green or paler almost every time. If you flower her correctly you get an amazing bud like you have never seen. If things do not go to her liking she will bust out a ton of red hairs and not many trichomes.

But she is worth every issue she presents. Her buzz is straight to my cheeks and face, like sunshine on them, making you joyous and care free. She makes the top of your head vibrate and makes lights sparkle with trails coming off of them. She gives you a vibratory body buzz but not couch lock. The only couch lock she can produce is if you smoke too much and that is just from your head beginning to blast off.

I went back to Amsterdam and was interested in getting more Twister. I was told they stopped selling it because they could never fix the seed germination issue. They had a bunch of leftover seeds and I got them all. Not a single one germinated. I am not mad at all. I already have my twister 2. She has been kept as a clone for almost 20 years now. I plan on making some hybrids with her from my best strains just to keep her genetics going. I will select for plants that remind me most of twister. I would fem seed her but as her seeds generally suck there seems to be no point. I may try it anyway.

So I present to you three clones of T2 in DBHBB soil! They were transplanted on Friday and are greening up more every day. When I planted I gave 1/8oz transplant split among the three clones and roots! powder. She got destress at planting and a little destress this morning. Look at that internode spacing!!!!

IMG_49389.JPG
IMG_49398.JPG

And that brings me current to today! I will wait a few more days and flip, the X4 (Chem nute plant) still looks a bit wonky from transplant.

I also would like to thank everyone who made it possible for me to be MOTM! It is such an amzing validation for me and though everyone on the list deserved the title somehow you guys voted me in. I take this as a huge honor and a huge responsibility. I also feel so much at home here that I will ever leave my growing brothers and sisters.

I also had another great event happen. I haven't sold any of my herb and really don't have plans to do so. Still I gathered some money together to get some supplies from Docbud. I emailed him and he let me know an anonymous guardian angel had set something aside for me. I was mindblown as you can imagine. Whomever you are out there, it is a true honor to have such a guardian angel who watched what I was doing and somehow felt I deserved to be awarded. Doc true to his word didnt tell me whom it was. And in the end it doesn't matter, to me this person is just a real saint and I will always remember their act of kindness towards me. Now I am truly set up for this grow. I have OG drench for my Kushes and some WA10x for my cal-mag feeders. And big bottles of everything else! It is like Christmas and my Birthday all wrapped into one.

I am soooooo ready to see these gals flip! Are you with me? Are you ready to see twister grow and be flipped high brix style in a month? I know I am! Thank you guardian angel and all of those who supported me this month and continue to do so. Thank you all for sharing my journey with me!:Namaste::circle-of-love::Namaste::circle-of-love:

OH! I almost forgot! I just got these in the mail. With the success of huckleberry kush (all three phenos are keepers), I decided to bring some new dynasty strains into the garden. Pineapple Fields and Bluniverse. I got some dynasty honey badger haze as freebies. Pineapple fields and bluniverse were brought in as very good candidates for breeding with Twister (of course AO and Huck Kush will be bred to twister as well!). great new packaging style from Dynastygenetics too!

image6805.jpeg
image6806.jpeg

Amazing Shigg. Great update. Sat here having a :blunt:enjoying what I see. (I also have pineapple fields! My beans arrived from dynasty 4 day's after I ordered & you told me about them, but their going to be in the fridge for a while yet. Maybe 3-6 months)

Really good update man! :thumb::thanks:

EDIT: Forgot to say I'm with you!!!! ;)

Subbed shiggy motm mate! Congrats, looking forward to seeing your t2 and future crosses I have a a Malawi gold x white Rhino bred up seeding as we speak get this shiggy I have a Rhin pheno I call time machine cause she is done at 5 weeks, so I've crossed her with a vigourous fruity piss Malawi gold male, golden Rhino?or golden time machine, any how this Rhino pheno mum Amber at 5 weeks 3 days 13/11 frosty as a mothafuc*r too mate haha, if want some beans let me know and cross her to your twister as well, seriously mate I have a lot of her seeds coming

Epic update Shiggity!
I was wondering if you fell off the earth. I was about to send out a S&R team.
Congrat's on: MotM, Twister, a guardian angel. Sound like you have a lot to be thankful for right about now. :high-five:

Subbed shiggy motm mate! Congrats, looking forward to seeing your t2 and future crosses I have a a Malawi gold x white Rhino bred up seeding as we speak get this shiggy I have a Rhin pheno I call time machine cause she is done at 5 weeks, so I've crossed her with a vigourous fruity piss Malawi gold male, golden Rhino?or golden time machine, any how this Rhino pheno mum Amber at 5 weeks 3 days 13/11 frosty as a mothafuc*r too mate haha, if want some beans let me know and cross her to your twister as well, seriously mate I have a lot of her seeds coming
Sounds like a super epic pheno DG, looking forward to seeing her!
Epic update Shiggity!
I was wondering if you fell off the earth. I was about to send out a S&R team.
Congrat's on: MotM, Twister, a guardian angel. Sound like you have a lot to be thankful for right about now. :high-five:

Thanks Major, all I need is a massage therapist to unlock all the muscles in my right arm from trimming all that herb. (first world problems I know). May I always be cursed with a sore arm from having to trim my own herb haha. Bring it on green goddess!

Part of the reason I didn't post is the semester starting and all that brings, part is also the trimming, and a third part I didn't mention is the stress of the NOTM contest! haha. Marz pulled a great win in the end. I think I am going to skip this month and just concentrate on posting. I am looking forward to some DBHBB nugs to enter, and can't wait to show you guys flowering Twister. I am so glad she is back with me.

Great update Shiggity, I always enjoy hearing different stories of why people grow different strains and how they got them. Congratulations on your win and harvest :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom