Hey fellas quick question!

I'm finding after I mix my feed in the water,
Ph to 6.22
Then add my CalMag,
After about 15 minutes I'm noticing my PH bouncing back up to 6.28-6.3.

I'm finding my self needing to adjust the Ph down 1 or twice during the feeding process.

My question is, is this normal? What is the reasoning? Should I be constantly checking and readjusting the PH as I'm feeding, or do I adjust the first time and leave it as is?

Thanks in advance gents!

Hey fellas quick question!

I'm finding after I mix my feed in the water,
Ph to 6.22
Then add my CalMag,
After about 15 minutes I'm noticing my PH bouncing back up to 6.28-6.3.

I'm finding my self needing to adjust the Ph down 1 or twice during the feeding process.

My question is, is this normal? What is the reasoning? Should I be constantly checking and readjusting the PH as I'm feeding, or do I adjust the first time and leave it as is?

Thanks in advance gents!

It is normal but that .1 is nothing for you to be concerned with and certainly don't have to adjust like you are. Just bring it down with your nutes and if it's in the 6.2-6.3, then you're off to the races. :thumb:

Hey Everyone!

Today is going to be the day i switch to Megacrop, I have no experience with this product, so any and all advice will help!?

From my understanding, the only thing i know to do is to add 5g per gallon to my softened tap water, without ph'ing it, is that correct? am i missing anything else? (do i PH after adding MC or no?)
@Pennywise @InTheShed

Hey Everyone!

Today is going to be the day i switch to Megacrop, I have no experience with this product, so any and all advice will help!?

From my understanding, the only thing i know to do is to add 5g per gallon to my softened tap water, without ph'ing it, is that correct? am i missing anything else? (do i PH after adding MC or no?)
@Pennywise @InTheShed
Yes you do check your pH after the MC and cal/mag has been added. If it's checked out at 6 - 6.5 then you're good to go. Make sense?
:passitleft:

Yes you do check your pH after the MC and cal/mag has been added. If it's checked out at 6 - 6.5 then you're good to go. Make sense?
:passitleft:
I have Megacrop V3, which supposedly they "fixed" the Cal/Mag deficiency, do i still add Cal/Mag from the start? or do i wait for them to show signs of deficiency ?

Hey Everyone!
@Pennywise @InTheShed
In coco you will definitely need to pH your nutrients into the 5.8-6.0 range. Only buffered media don't need pH adjusted watering. All hydro grows (coco, DWC, ebb&flow, etc.) need to have their nutes pH'd.

Always pH after mixing the nutes, and whether you should be at 5g/gallon really depends on how hungry the plants are. My flowering plants are 5 weeks post-flip and getting 5g now.

In terms of cal-mag, some plants need a bit more than MC has, some don't. Start without it and see how the plant responds after a week.

I would hydrate your coco with a fairly strong solution of calmag. Coco will bind calcium so you want it saturated before you add plants. If you don’t I promise you will see deficiency early on.

You can leave the cal/mag out and just keep an eye on them. What are they looking like right now?
sorry got caught up and forgot to take a picture yesterday, heres the girls now, after 2 days of flipping to 12/12 and day 2 feeding MC 5g/gallon

White widow is on the left <-, Cheese fem on the right->
68 days old now
20200412_135943.jpg

20200412_135953.jpg

I would hydrate your coco with a fairly strong solution of calmag. Coco will bind calcium so you want it saturated before you add plants. If you don’t I promise you will see deficiency early on.
I wish I had known this before I started this grow! Thank you for the useful information! I'm definitely going to apply that on my next grow!

A couple of things off the top of my head. First one is don't worry about new growth coming in yellow, since that usually means the plant is growing faster than the roots can bring nutes up there. After a few days they will green up. The other thing is don't be afraid to do a good thinning of the lower canopy and everything under the net after stretch is finished (roughly 21 days post-flip).

You have good minds here to help you along the way, so the best advice is to post your questions here and get some answers before diving in to solve an issue.

Back
Top Bottom