Shottafire's Coco Top Fed Drip DTW Bubbas & Oranges

Beautiful Shotta! :yummy:

Been rockin the damn boat in my room lately and she is grooving with me.

This is just a bunch of pics to keep this journal from being so boring. I am busy trimming at the moment so back to work but just wanted to share real quick.

DSCN97411.JPG
DSCN9740.JPG
DSCN9738.JPG
DSCN9733.JPG
DSCN97041.JPG
DSCN97181.JPG
DSCN97361.JPG
DSCN9737.JPG

Dude, had to bump this. :bump:

Astronomical Update! :circle-of-love:

Those buds are ridiculously amazing. You rock brother! :goodjob:

Thanks my fellow 420 maggah's.

Im pretty happy. I weighed my A. orange and I pulled a solid 130 grams off the one plant.

For a 2 gallon pot I am happy with that.
2 gallon pots, 130g; Wow Shotta, that's ridiculous. Congrats once again.

I just weighed it this morning and it was dry it might lose another couple grams but not much.

In coco it would be possible to do 5 or 6 zips in a 2 gallon pot you just need to feed it 4 maybe 5 times per day.

I was blown away actually and its definitely my best harvest from any of my coco plants I have finished. the smells and resin production are on point.

I will get a pic of the buds again they are gorgeous looking. Have plenty more trimming to do so maybe tomorrow morning.

cheers guys thanks for the good words.

I think you would be happy with half the amount of veg time, considerably smaller and more manageable pot size.

These two reasons alone were big game changers for me.

If you ever want to pick my brain feel free. I am going to stay in coco for the most part but will be cooking some kit soil as well as another batch of super soil. only the super soil will be for a couple plants in a small tent as well as the kit soil.

But the medicine I just harvested is honestly better than anything I did in super soil, now I hope it smokes as smooth and colorful as the Super soil grown product.

Havent tried it yet. I am still incorporating teas into my coco. there is definitely activity in the coco.

Just not sure on amending the coco like you would peat or doing a sort of supersoil. I know Bigirishdoode does it.

maybe ask him. I am telling you though that if you dont overfeed and everything is kept in balance the end product will blow you away.

Canna coco a and b with some ca/mg, some kelp additive, rhizotonic, cannazyme, and a bloom booster of your choice. Never fed over 650 ppm on a .5 scale or 1.25 EC comparing that to most schedules its like 1/2 maybe even a 1/3 less than most hydro guys feed. In coco its all about balance.

If you start a coco run in the future let me know. would love to see your success

I am thinking about playing around with a coco grow. If I ever were to do so I would definitely ask for your help, thanks.

I actually have a bunch of questions, but ill do some homework first to limit them.

Havent tried it yet. I am still incorporating teas into my coco. there is definitely activity in the coco.

Just not sure on amending the coco like you would peat or doing a sort of supersoil. I know Bigirishdoode does it.

maybe ask him. I am telling you though that if you dont overfeed and everything is kept in balance the end product will blow you away.

Canna coco a and b with some ca/mg, some kelp additive, rhizotonic, cannazyme, and a bloom booster of your choice. Never fed over 650 ppm on a .5 scale or 1.25 EC comparing that to most schedules its like 1/2 maybe even a 1/3 less than most hydro guys feed. In coco its all about balance.

If you start a coco run in the future let me know. would love to see your success

I find that's true all the time. :blalol:
I doubt I've ever mixed nutrients at more then 60% strength. I'm not sure what criteria the manufacturer's use to come up with their formulas, but I'm sure profit has to be in there somewhere. :winkyface:

I like to feed plants more of a diluted mixture. Plants, like us, are mostly water. They need way more water than anything else. If I see yellowing, I up the strength a bit, but I've never come close to 100%.

Well here are three questions, the answers to which will help me determine if a coco grow is for me.

1) is the drip system necessary?

2) What does that cost roughly to put together for small personal grow?

3) in your opinion, is coco more suited for hydro salts?

Thanks shotta man, obv no rush. Was gonna PM u but I thought others probably have similar questions for you.

Have a couple reps bro

1)
The drip is only necessary if you want to use smaller pots. I like the smaller pots for the simple reason they have more wet and dry cycles with much faster growth. So the drip will really only be necessary if you need to feed multiple times per day. This helps the pot stay balanced with its ratios of food. If you handwater its totally fine to put em in three gallon smarties but you will need to water daily preferably in the first few hours of lights on. Week three thru five you may need to water them two times a day. It really comes down to veg time also. if you veg too long and build a very healthy root system they will drink fster than you would imagine.

2)
For a 6 plant grow you can put together a drip setup for pretty cheap. I would say 40-50 bucks and your rollin. Its mainly the pump that costs here. to setup a 12 site it wouldnt be too much more.

3)
The main reason most will use hydro nutrients is they will remain stable in a res and there is minimal monitoring we have to do since they will Drain to waste. there is not much waste in my setup I just keep the feeds low so as to not have an excess buildup of salts.

I feel by keeping feeds low enough and incorporating teas weekly that the microlife is alive and well and the plants exhibit a lot of organic qualities.

Organics in coco is on my to do list but it will be hand fed daily in three gallon smarties. Will try to keep a reservoir of organic nutes and see how it goes. just to mess with a plant or two.

Hope this helps some.

I am building a badass new dripper setup soon too. maybe make a video for ya'll.

Thanks for that. I like, no wait, I LOVE the results you are getting!

I don't think coco will be for me, not in near future. I have been thinking to make my grow as maintenance/watering free as possible. I would imagine that with a drip system in place, I would still need to be mixing up nutrient solutions fairly frequently.

For me that is a big drawback. I could easily be in a position where I can't be home for a week at a time. I have enough trouble getting someone to properly and timely water my plants, let alone mix up a solution.

I just looked at your nugs, and wanted produce the same quality and yields. (Who wouldn't?)

Thanks for response man, helpful.

Shotta, thanks again buddy

I've been hating my current coco/soil grow because it's too much work compared to my hydro setups, but now that I've setup a bunch of drip irrigation in the veggie garden, I guess it would be the same thing here. The only issue is, the system outside leaks. Is there a good system to use that won't leak? I'm envisioning a drip emitter for each pot, but where the little 1/4" tubing connects to the 1/2" tubing always leaks. Those aren't very good connections.

Back
Top Bottom