Shottafire's Coco Top Fed Drip DTW Bubbas & Oranges

Subscribed shottafire, all caught up and I'm in awe. Would you mind taking a few pictures of your feeding system? pump, lines connectors & emitters? Thank you.

By the way I voted for your nug and than came running over to see how it was done, Congratulation.

Hey 60cal thanks for the vote. I will take some pics this weekend of the lot. I am in the middle of reconfiguring my drip system.

Glad you like it and hope you can take something from what I do and apply it in your own style.

cheers bro.

Hey 60cal thanks for the vote. I will take some pics this weekend of the lot. I am in the middle of reconfiguring my drip system.

Glad you like it and hope you can take something from what I do and apply it in your own style.

cheers bro.

Thanks shottafire, once I get moved to my new place I plan on growing hydro style using Rockwool mini cubes. The folks at the hydro store says I need pvc pipe, I was thinking soft black tube with connectors cut in as needed to get my feeding arms put where I want them. This is why I wanted to see your connectors, etc.... Your journal is a great read with lots of info. I like your style.

I'm very late but subbed anyway and catching up from first page. Amazing looking plants and harvest. Congrats!

Hey jassa and seraphim thanks for dropping by and the good comments. I have really been trying to get back here and do a good update from time to time to keep things from getting stale.

To start heres a couple of pictures of what I hope is gg#4 waiting for a positive id from my buddy. If not the glue then it is something else just as good. But the glue, oh man!

DSCN9787.JPG
DSCN97891.JPG

I was going to do a detailed photo tutorial for cloning but ran short of time. So I will walk you guys thru how I got down with a couple of pictures along the way.

To start we want everything clean.

Get out some alcohol and a roll of paper towel. Wipe all cloning accessories down including your hands. Dome, tray, cutting board, new razors or scalpels need to be wiped down as well. EVERYTHING.

DSCN98111.JPG

Next the cloning solution I made.

To 1 gallon of ro water I added
1ml cal/mag from general hydroponics
5ml pure blend pro bloom
3ml aquashield
5ml canna rhizotonic
DSCN9796.JPG
DSCN9797.JPG

dropped ph a little using gen/hydro ph down Ph was at 6.5 or so

After I mix the solution up I take a cup of it in a sterilized glass or deep tupperware and place in the fridge for a couple hours.

Place my plugs in the bucket of solution and let the plugs marinate for a few.

DSCN9795.JPG

Before I get ready to take cuts I like to take my ladys that I plan on cutting out of the direct light and get them to cool down some. This was a tip that helped me get nice perky cuttings every time. Just set them aside in the room or take them to a separate room all together. This reduces the plants transpitration rates since the stomata will close when taken out of the light and radiant heat thus retaining the moisture in the cutting where we need it.

I am all stoned and thought of this twisted analogy. if you run a mile around a track on a hot summer day and cut your arm it will be a nasty bloody mess. but if your sitting on the couch in a air conditioned room and you cut your arm you will have a nice clean wound all dressed up and bandaged ready to heal and recover quick. weird huh? LOL

Now the cloning part.

This round of cuts I used no gel just the solution I made.
It works out better for me this way I dont know why but it does.

I look for 5-6 inch clones and simply cut off the branch I want with shears. I always cut 1/4 inch or so below growing nodes.
Than place these cuts in the refigerated cup of solution I talked about in the beginning. The cuts can sit in this refrigerated solution for awhile. I have left them in there for a few hours but usually just twenty minutes will work fine. I also give them a light misting of rhizotonic as well at this point. When ready I take the cut out make my 45 degree cuts and slip them into the root riot plugs.

If the stems on the cuts are soft and not firm and rigid, then it is a good idea to make the hole in the root riot with a toothpick or something similar and small.

Place the cuts in the dome mist the inside of the dome lightly and mist the tops and bottoms of the clones. Place under t5 lights keep warm and humid for the first week after that start to harden them off. make sure they dont get too much moisture buildup on the domes. when they do I wipe em down or shake them out a bit.

I am out of time to finish this post. but will return for part two later on tonight possibly.

DISCLAIMER: I would wait until these root to copy like I did. I am definitely not gods gift to growers. sure I know a thing or two but no one is perfect and I still goof from time to time. This solution I made is a first time with pure blend pro and aquashield so we will see.
the clones today looked perfect and perky though.

have a great day all!

DSCN97944.JPG
DSCN9813.JPG
DSCN9812.JPG
DSCN9800.JPG
DSCN97992.JPG

Untopped. Supercrop 10 days or so before flip on the main stem. Then a minor supercropping 1 week into flower on some not all the seconday's just to keep things even.

I would rather run em in a trellis but this room is about to be donzo and will be moved into a new location so just trying to get thru without. its posing to be a problem though. branches are getting heavy. already taken a few early branches because of the weight they had on them they were just floppign everywhere.

yields are getting really good. buds are swollen and coated

Man I just re read what I posted earlier, and it was missing a few things.

Squeeze the plugs out until they have a good balance of moisture/air Not too much not too little, in between is di best.

I also like to cut off all the growing nodes except for the top two or three growing nodes of the clone and I halve the biggest top leaf before they soak in the solution. After they soak I make a clean cut where the lowest growing node on the clone was and a 45 degree cut below that. When you put the clone into the plug make sure to not force it in and try to keep it from poking out the bottom better to be 1/4 inch from the bottom IMO.

I am exhausted had to hump 85 1.5 cu ft bags of soil today at work. Usually it doesnt hurt but since my shoulder is still half strength it put the whoopin on me.

Will try to do part two tomorrow morning.

Oh lovely plant you got there!!! I bet she smells delicious!!! :yummy:

Man I just re read what I posted earlier, and it was missing a few things.

Squeeze the plugs out until they have a good balance of moisture/air Not too much not too little, in between is di best.

I also like to cut off all the growing nodes except for the top two or three growing nodes of the clone and I halve the biggest top leaf before they soak in the solution. After they soak I make a clean cut where the lowest growing node on the clone was and a 45 degree cut below that. When you put the clone into the plug make sure to not force it in and try to keep it from poking out the bottom better to be 1/4 inch from the bottom IMO.

I am exhausted had to hump 85 1.5 cu ft bags of soil today at work. Usually it doesnt hurt but since my shoulder is still half strength it put the whoopin on me.

Will try to do part two tomorrow morning.
Thanxx for the reprise Shotta. The squeezing probably makes all the difference in the world. I've always left my Rapid Rooters completely wet after soaking them.

I'm not even going to talk about Bubba Spears. Those type of colas are the norm in your journals.

Back
Top Bottom