Quick question, I have top watered my plants and the reservoir was partially filled with the run off. Should I be concerned with the runoff sitting in the reservoir? I'm using soil amended with Gaia Green and worm castings, my plants are still early in veg but have been starting to drink from the res so I'm filling the res with plain water more regularly now.
No worries at all. The built in air chamber down low gives the roots the O2 they need, and the fact that they're drinking from the reservoir means they'll use up what's down there in short order.

Merry Xmas folks. my first photo. She’s looking a little light on color.

IMG_9886.jpeg

IMG_9887.jpeg

Glad to see you up and about, RDawg. :thumb:
Thanks mate. What do you think of my MiniSip system? feedback?

One tool you'll want is either a turkey baster or 50ml syringe maybe with a tube extension to add water to the main container. The tap, a pitcher, all work in a pinch, but a more targeted, controlable method is preferable.

It's really such a simple setup that in the end provides you a perfect transplant product. One that requires no special steps before transplant, other than the application of Mycos, ie Dynomyco, and, often in my case my NPK RAW-brand bennies.

I've discovered a much more effective method of applying said inoculants that will save you time, potentially quite a lot of money, and give you a healthier, more productive transplant.

How so? Simply mix your Mycos and any other root-benefitting microbes into a thin porridge substance by adding water 1:1. I must insist on chlorine/chloramine-free water.

Dipping each baggie in the porridge (or root plug for the normies) makes for even, total coverage of the exposed root system and results in far, far less wastage (of mycos) imho.

Maybe it's just me, but whenever arriving at the 'mycorrhizal moment of truth' during a transplant in the past - applying Mycos and/or other bennies made me feel like I needed 4 arms to do the job properly, and even then coverage might be hit and miss. A big pile-up here, a bit of a hole there. I always sprayed the transplant to make it stickier, with barely acceptable results. But it did start to give me ideas about using water.

After I saw ProMix's new Myco Connect product demonstrated in a video, I gave it a shot myself using my Dynomyco-c and was sold immediately. Since I've applied my Mycos this way on a few dozen plants now I can tell you that they were all very solid transplants, wilt-free, and quite obviously extremely well inoculated when examined during autopsy.

I believe the method is a real breakthrough, and will use going forward exclusively as in addition to improved coverage and perceived improvement of plant health, esp. early on, it is also a major labour-saving method. Lastly, it uses less Mycos and does more with them. Less waste I think, with a much more controlled application method.

In order to avoid linking straight to the Promix website in order to show their video, I've posted a third party youtube vid that instructs using it the same way, just as Pro-mix themselves do.

Dip. Dip. Sha-na-na-na, Sha-na-na-na-na, Dip, dip.

🙄🫣 hello all hope you all had a great christmas….even though the nugs werent all dry i ended up grinding it all up found a nanner and 2 of the smallest seeds ive ever seen smh im still impressed with the buzz tho
IMG_2130.jpeg
IMG_2136.jpeg
then the surge protector went out on me last night so the everything was off it smelled like mildew smh
IMG_2137.png
ive heard 70% is bad rh and cause for rot over night could that much damage have been done? It smelled like a locker room normally the tent has a strawberry faint smell what do you guys think i should do take her out wipe down tent with cleaning solution and cut her down and hang her for drying or am i worrying too much

You have to do what your senses tell you Tequila. My thought is that you're ok and should watch things closely. Make sure you have all the fans you can running everywhere as long as you keep them.
I agree with Stone. The first hint of mildew smell is a warning sign but if you catch and reverse the conditions quickly you should be OK. But do pay more close attention for a bit to be sure the smell doesn't linger.

What do you think of my MiniSip system? feedback?
I like it. My mini-SIPs are solo cups with a bit of a modified reservoir vs normal, but seem to work pretty good. Those are more standard SIP vs the Swick-type set-up you've got. Yours has air all around so might work better.

How so? Simply mix your Mycos and any other root-benefitting microbes into a thin porridge substance by adding water 1:1. I must insist on chlorine/chloramine-free water.
That's an interesting idea. But I don't use anywhere near enough myco to make much slurry, never mind be that liberal in application.

🙄🫣 hello all hope you all had a great christmas….even though the nugs werent all dry i ended up grinding it all up found a nanner and 2 of the smallest seeds ive ever seen smh im still impressed with the buzz tho
IMG_2130.jpeg
IMG_2136.jpeg
then the surge protector went out on me last night so the everything was off it smelled like mildew smh
IMG_2137.png
ive heard 70% is bad rh and cause for rot over night could that much damage have been done? It smelled like a locker room normally the tent has a strawberry faint smell what do you guys think i should do take her out wipe down tent with cleaning solution and cut her down and hang her for drying or am i worrying too much
That kind of rh peak occurring at light's-off is pretty normal. What's important is that the system kicks in, the fans blast away until things come under control within the hour. Provided that happens I don't think you've much to worry about. I see a similar peak when my light's go out also but the system takes it all in hand.

I would imagine those plants gotta be pretty darn close to being ready to chop by now, no?

Hey guys! Been reading for a while - coming from fabric pots/living soil with great results. Im transitioning the way I've been growing for my whole life, not just cannabis. I know nothing about synthetic nutes - reading a lot about it but it seems like I wont get it really until I start trying. I've just switched to SIPs for this cycle, but still in living soil. Im hoping to switch to synthetic nutrients on my next cycle in the SIPs. My biggest concern is which brand of nutes to go with (currently looking at Athena or Jacks), and Im worried about build up in the reservoirs. What do you guys feed, and ever get build up with SIPs? Thanks!

Hey guys! Been reading for a while - coming from fabric pots/living soil with great results. Im transitioning the way I've been growing for my whole life, not just cannabis. I know nothing about synthetic nutes - reading a lot about it but it seems like I wont get it really until I start trying. I've just switched to SIPs for this cycle, but still in living soil. Im hoping to switch to synthetic nutrients on my next cycle in the SIPs. My biggest concern is which brand of nutes to go with (currently looking at Athena or Jacks), and Im worried about build up in the reservoirs. What do you guys feed, and ever get build up with SIPs? Thanks!
Excellent choices on nutrients, someone's been doing their homework! Are you going the 1 part route with their "Tap formula" or doing the traditional with 5-12-26, Calcium nitrate 15-0-0 and Epsom in 3-2-1 ratio?

Either way Jacks is very clean and pH stable so you have a great start going that route. Then you have pH buffers and non-essential macros like Silicon and Cobalt and tertiary nutrients like Chlorine may be beneficial depending on growing method. Many brand dont include Silicon or Cobalt in their formulas, Silicon is especially beneficial in hydro with both pH stabilizing and gives the plant stronger stems and better nutrient transportation channels.

All the best of luck in your endeavours!

Edit OT: I use Megacrop 2part, a copy of Jacss 5-12-26, Calcium nitrate 15,5-0-0 and Epsom in 3-2-1 ratio.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom