Skybound's Journal

I finally got to confirm the netting on the wall works good. I'll have to lower this net about 6", but the concept works well. I essentially have a wrap around tomato cage that draws small just under the canopy.

Net Pic.jpg

Kind of what I have to do on my outdoor girls. Draw the bottom in like a purse string?

But at the same time.. I'm throwing the top end over the top. And cinching it around... I don't do ladders anymore??????

But at the same time.. I'm throwing the top end over the top. And cinching it around... I don't do ladders anymore??????

I had to do it this way b/c I only have a 4x4 footprint, so need to streamline the overall design when possible. I use those less powerful, but conveniently sized tower fans in the corner so I have more room for buds, but you're outside and can walk around every plant. You could cut some tomato cage and install them as needed, then fish a length of twine around all the sections and draw it in like a corset. Woody, you should build a small catwalk, similar to what triaxels use when at an asphalt plant to clean their trucks, then dolly in a monstrous pot of one of them big ass super autos you grow. I figure you only need it to be 3' tall. Shit, if I grew on your scale, I would be poking 3' deep holes all over the yard to lower pots into like caskets.

One can never have too much bud!

Cool idea Sly, looking forward to see how it works for you. :ganjamon:

It'll work fine I predict. I shot a staple into the wall at every intersection of string.I'm thinking about making little hooks so I can link the netting right to the top of the air pots. I could then sneak around under the skirt w/o getting a sticky neck and with such large squares, it won't be too hard to maneuver skinny branches back up into the fray. This might also be helpful for foliar spraying the undersides of the overall canopy.

Highya Skybound

Hog rings are an easy to add rings to tie from around the rim of the plant pot. Cheers

Highya Skybound

Hog rings are an easy to add rings to tie from around the rim of the plant pot. Cheers

Thanks Bode! What are hog rings? I was thinking of some yellow nylon rope, cheap, flexible, colorful and easy to tie when I need to draw down at the choke point.

thumbnail.jpg

This is the above plant from the top. I put her in young, so she's under developed for the room and also has some evident PH damage, likely from me changing the damned feed all the time, still, she's striding well and getting fairly frosty in the process. This will be the PC cut I'm keeping in the rotation. I ran her hard, pushed N on her hard, sprayed her with triacontanol, 2 other home made sprays to hopefully up her brix and keep her healthy.

1.jpg
leaf.jpg

That pineapple chunk is developing some great flowers. I've had my eyes on the PC for a long time, she's got loads of cheese in her :ganjamon:

Highya Sky,

Hog rings - a metal wire shaped to pierce through something and leaves the ring. I've used them to make wire cages before (fastens panels together). They come with a pliers type tool to use them with. I'm not explaining it very good, but if you query a big box hardware store, they'll educate you a little more, lol. Cheers

Highya Sky,

Hog rings - a metal wire shaped to pierce through something and leaves the ring. I've used them to make wire cages before (fastens panels together). They come with a pliers type tool to use them with. I'm not explaining it very good, but if you query a big box hardware store, they'll educate you a little more, lol. Cheers

I know what you mean. I used something similar when assembling box springs 25 years ago, I think that tool was cazlled a "bull ring" stapler, but I assume the hog rings are thick unbendable steel pressed into a perfect circle, but with gapped/overlapping ends like a key ring, but permanently spread open. Those would be a great idea if I could calculate exactly where the netting should be stapled on the wall b/c it would be too cool if I could hang the air pot from the netting that is affixed to the wall. The weight of the pot would be the tension applied to the nets and the pot would always be centered in the room. I'd be able to move the res around under the elevated pot then.

Unfortunately, when I hung the nets, I just guestimated to be about the height of the light fixture. The second room I went a bit lower and the 3rd room I plant to staple even lower than the 2nd, but as is now in the first 2 rooms, I think I will need custom sized (3D printed) hooking rings, or maybe coat hanger wire cuts to make custom sized connectors.

This is the above plant from the top. I put her in young, so she's under developed for the room and also has some evident PH damage, likely from me changing the damned feed all the time, still, she's striding well and getting fairly frosty in the process. This will be the PC cut I'm keeping in the rotation. I ran her hard, pushed N on her hard, sprayed her with triacontanol, 2 other home made sprays to hopefully up her brix and keep her healthy.

1.jpg
leaf.jpg
Sure looks like it's going good.

PC might be my favorite tasting pot so far.

IDK, Triple Cheese, which I did before the PC, was some seriously sweet tasting smoke. I like the stone of the PC though, it really jives well in me for some reason. No anxiety which gives me the impression that it's more of a head stone which is what I prefer. It's not the best tasting though, but the peeps love it and that's all that matters.

IDK, Triple Cheese, which I did before the PC, was some seriously sweet tasting smoke. I like the stone of the PC though, it really jives well in me for some reason. No anxiety which gives me the impression that it's more of a head stone which is what I prefer. It's not the best tasting though, but the peeps love it and that's all that matters.
Wow I'm going to have to give trip cheese an run one day. I love a good taste.

3 cheese wasn't as strong as I expected of it after years of UK hype, but it was still a good stone for me and yes the flavor was out of this world good tasting.

Back
Top Bottom