Skybound's Journal

Definitely some impressive flower production Sky, looking like you've got things well dialed in! :high-five::morenutes:

I'm not used to seeing this much development 16 days into 12/12. This is the Em Dog (Chem/OG). This to me looks a good week ahead of schedule. I don't expect her to finish any sooner, but damn if she isn't on point with staying ahead of her growing curve. FWIW, triacontanol @ 5ppm which I think is about the sweet spot.

1.jpg
2.jpg
looking nice sky and it is moving rite along nice work as usual :)its good to be back slinging the crap around here have a good one bud!:ganjamon:

Drive-by... Been afew...

That's looking good in there... Stacking nicely...

But I bet you got something prettier in there about now with another week tacked on...

The Em Dog is looking very well, the other G Glue is looking Ok and the Glue I just took down, you know, the one I experimented on, will undoubtedly be my worst harvest of all time. At the beginning of bloom I was hoping for 10-12 zips. It's now in a tote sweating and I honestly only see about 3 zips there. It's depressing. I'm definitely working this round for free. I just hope the next Glue fills out some so Sky can get a few "doll hairs" in his pocket. It's been a tough summer so far.

Looking good in here brother! I've ran GG a couple times and always gave me problems. I had one couple years ago that I tried to keep around. It did ok for couple rounds, but was a finicky plant and I got rid of it. I have some seeds that are GG crosses that I'm leary to run. It's a really popular strain tho so must be a good grower for others, just not me. Always potent tho

Looking good in here brother! I've ran GG a couple times and always gave me problems. I had one couple years ago that I tried to keep around. It did ok for couple rounds, but was a finicky plant and I got rid of it. I have some seeds that are GG crosses that I'm leary to run. It's a really popular strain tho so must be a good grower for others, just not me. Always potent tho

It was the popularity that lead me to pop them. They're Herbies Bulk, so not the original breeder and I presume just HB's best effort to recreate the strain. In my nutes, I've been trying to find the right range of ammonium in my N. I started at 10% of total N as ammonium, but apparently that's too hot, so I dialed it back to 5%. That's what Megacrop uses, so I'm confident I'll be back in high yields again soon. But as is now, I just gotta ride out the storm till the newer plants fill out.

I'm eager to start in the soil too. I've been struggling to get good tric production these past few months and believe it won't be so difficult in soil. Just a few more weeks till I can start potting plants and see what happens.

It was the popularity that lead me to pop them. They're Herbies Bulk, so not the original breeder and I presume just HB's best effort to recreate the strain. In my nutes, I've been trying to find the right range of ammonium in my N. I started at 10% of total N as ammonium, but apparently that's too hot, so I dialed it back to 5%. That's what Megacrop uses, so I'm confident I'll be back in high yields again soon. But as is now, I just gotta ride out the storm till the newer plants fill out.

I'm eager to start in the soil too. I've been struggling to get good tric production these past few months and believe it won't be so difficult in soil. Just a few more weeks till I can start potting plants and see what happens.
Soil is a good plan, but it's painfully slow in veg sometimes. Are you going to go brick or all organic

Soil is a good plan, but it's painfully slow in veg sometimes. Are you going to go brick or all organic

I made Farside's Faux mix, then amended it as best I could to Doc's numbers. I didn't have all the correct ingredients so I made some executive decisions to make due with what I had on hand. Mathematically it's about right, but I had to use more ionic P than is used in the kit bc I used the wrong Rock Phosphate. With my hydro and nutrient skills, I'm confident I can do ok for my first run. Initially, I'm just hoping they don't die. I plan to keep clones in rockwool in a solo cup and veg them to about a foot tall before putting them into the soil. I've potted from RW to soil some years back and it transitioned w/o skipping a beat.

Are you going to keep this journal for the soil grow or start a new one? I'm try to go all organic. I mix a half batch of subcools recipe. Put two stable plants in it. They started out with leaf burn on the tips. Now they have settled in and are exploding. Lights are out now, tomorrow I'll get a pic of them. My tent is too small for these girls. Bad thing is they are going to have to veg probably 2 weeks more till I can empty out my flower tent. I'm in trouble. Lol.... modern problems :laugh:

I'll keep this and the Herb's journal up for a couple more months, but once I build the new room and begin migrating the grow there I intend to start a new journal called "Skybound's Journal" or something extremely generic like that, then just keep that as my last journal to use. Why do I know that name Subcool? That's the dude that had a cool YouTube channel many years back, right, dude from Cali? If you have his recipe handy, can you paste it here? I like to rev engineer if I can and compare to other recipes to better understand the middle ground.

Everyone seems to love that mix. Build- a-soil sells a ready made subcool recipe mix, which I would have bought at one point if shipping wasn’t 200% of the price. Nowadays some things are becoming more available here and I think I’d be able to scratch up the ingredients over time if I went that route.

I'll keep this and the Herb's journal up for a couple more months, but once I build the new room and begin migrating the grow there I intend to start a new journal called "Skybound's Journal" or something extremely generic like that, then just keep that as my last journal to use. Why do I know that name Subcool? That's the dude that had a cool YouTube channel many years back, right, dude from Cali? If you have his recipe handy, can you paste it here? I like to rev engineer if I can and compare to other recipes to better understand the middle ground.
I haven't been around much im excited your going to soil growing cant wait to see that theres a lot of old-time soil growers to learn from here ive learnt a lot here and my weed is reflecting that its just going to get better!:)

Sky what's happening brother :bong:

Still trying to find my way out of of ammonium toxicityland. I've lowered the dose so that it's on par with Megacrop, or 5% of the total N, but still my leaves are cooking from the inside out. Mayhap I need to raise the K more too? I'm not so sure how I feel about raising the EC again. If I add more K, I'll also have to add at least more Ca and possibly more P as Ca and P like to sneak off together when no one's looking and precipitate, so it's my understanding that if one is raised, it will have more power over the other.

Other than that though, the Em Dog looks like it'll still yield well despite quite a few smoked leaves. This is at 30 days deep. Still about as much to go, but she still has lots of undamaged leaves that look fine, but I wish the NH4 problems would subside already so I can get some decent chops as I need the dough to get the new 9x9 room opened and growing. Once I have 9 in bloom (1 per week), 6 ounce harvests won't hurt as much.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

To be clear, I only give 5% of total N as NH4+ during veg and stretch, but my mid bloom regimen I discontinue all the NH4+. Perhaps it's accumulating in the rock wool or maybe it's depositing too much nitrate in the leaves that adds up later on in life, IDK though, I'm still book worming it now.

This PC is 6 days in bloom and clearly shows a lot less NH4 damage. There's a couple leaves in the right/center region that has some damage, but the rest of the leaves look great so my plan is to not make another tweak for a couple weeks to see if this trend continues.

PC6.jpg

The PC is looking good. I'm sure the others will still turn out good with a month to go. A 9x9 sounds great! You can have a jungle in that much space. I'm considering getting a new tent for flower. My 48"x32"x60" is just too small. But I only have 72" ceilings in my basement. Only one available are gorilla grow tent and they are expensive. Viviosun has a 71" one called a cube. It's 8'4'x71" but it's kinda triangle shaped at the top. It a third of the price of the gorilla

Back
Top Bottom