SmokeyMcFly's Plushberry & WOS Brazil Amazonia HighBrix LED Grow

I with you on the timing - looks like another week or two - it's pretty much up to the plants and how much oomph they have left. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Awesome thanks. Depending on what they are doing I would like to take about 1/4 -1/2 of the buds in a week and then re-evaluate in another week on whether to take the rest or only half the remainder and let the rest go for another week. I will probably be keeping this strain around for awhile so I want to find the sweet spot. Currently this will be the closest thing I have to daytime smoke so I don't want to let it go until it turns into a total couch locker either, at least not until I get a nice uppy sativa or something going. I really appreciate your advice so far! :thanks:

Quick shot of my veg tent since its been a while since I have taken any pics of it. The plushberry has finally started kicking out 3 bladed leaves so hopefully it wont be much longer till its straightened out. I want to run another one ASAP. The strawberry blue seems to be growing slow. I would ditch it and start something else but it seems that some of peoples most potent plants were the ones that started slow and they almost tossed so I will give it a run and see what happens.

From left to right. Amazonia, Amazonia, Plushberry, Strawberry Blue. The yellow spots visible on the far left plant is from the extension cord behind it not the actual plant :D

IMAG07516.jpg

You will now need to use a calcium and magnesium supplement if you are not already using one to make up for what Reverse Osmosis water is missing for plants. I would introduce a calcium and magnesium supplement containing calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate Such as Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from a seedling. Cal-Mag Plus and CaliMagic are synthetic calcium and magnesium supplements. If you are using a natural source of calcium and magnesium based calcium and magnesium supplement such as General Organics CaMg+ you can start to add at the start of vegetative growth.

I love those pots. Ive seen them before in many grows. What are they made of? What is the benefit of these pots over any other? Better airflow to the roots? How many gallons are those?

I love those pots. Ive seen them before in many grows. What are they made of? What is the benefit of these pots over any other? Better airflow to the roots? How many gallons are those?

They are the root builder air pots. There made out of some kinda plastic and it comes in two pieces, the wall and the bottom. You wrap the wall around the bottom and put a couple plastic screws in it to hold it all together. I am using the 7gal equiv (holds 5gal of soil) size for this grow. I got a couple 15 gal equivs I might use on my next grow but they are bigger then I expected I wish I would of went with the 10gal size instead.

They air prune so no more roots going to the bottom and spinning a circle of death. The whole pot fills up with nice fine roots, I highly recommend them I even got some of the smallest size for clones and seeds because im sick of my babies having shitty roots in the party cups :thumb:

Let me know if you have any other questions about them.

Very nice! It looks like they're doing that final swell. I can see the fat calyxes and new pistils. If you can keep them going without nanners, they could be remarkable.

Nice! :bravo:

+reps

No visible nanners yet and it seems to still be kicking out new pistils by the day. I haven't seen any amber trics yet either, didnt look last night I was hurting to much but nothing the night before so I assume it didn't change much over night. I can't wait for these they just keep getting fatter and sexier, I will post new pics tonight when they wake up. Monday will be the end of week 8 so i'm not surprised that they have anther week or two left in them, its just hard to think they have that much longer when they are already dripping with goodness :D

Also my plushberry mother is now growing 5 bladed leaves again. Any advise on how I should proceed with her anyone, I have no experience with a reveged plant.

Options I am considering
1 Take a clone and raise it to flower, keep revege as mother
2 Take two clones one for mom one to flower and ditch the revege
3 Take a clone for new mom and just flower the revege in a couple weeks when a slot opens up

Time for some pictures

IMAG07618.jpg
IMAG076010.jpg
IMAG07589.jpg

I think its safe to say I got the purple pheno plushberry, i'm good with that :party:. My temps don't go below 73 and it was recently that I got it to go even that low before it wasn't going below 76-77. I assume i would probably get more purple if I had even lower night time temps but I don't feel like spending as much as it would cost in electric to make my house that cold in the daytime in the desert just to turn my buds more purple :loopy: Not to mention I don't like to use more electricity then necessary especially until I can afford to get solar. Then I wont need to feel bad about the environmental impact of high elec usage :high-five: The purple growth seems to correspond with the timing of me getting the temps down during their night time but that could just be coincidence too, hard to say with only 1 grow whats really going on.

IMAG07577.jpg
IMAG07566.jpg
IMAG07555.jpg
IMAG07548.jpg
IMAG07536.jpg

Should I hit the plushberry with brix one more time? The leaves are starting to fade off, not sure how much longer she has in her. Thoughts?

Maybe its time to pull a small test bud off her. I have just been hesitant since its not gonna have a huge yield and i have no idea how the amazonias are going to turn out with the burning they went through.

Sorry the pics sucked this time. I have a migraine and being in the tent without the glasses on kills me and I need them to color correct the camera...

If there not good enough to tell let me know and I will get some better ones taken.

Thanks!

Ok I pulled the plushberry out and took some shots under a CFL since the other ones turned out so bad. It's so hard to get accurate color pictures. In the tent with the color correction glasses they look more purple then they really do in IRL and under the CFL they look less purple then they really do IRL.

IMAG07727.jpg
IMAG07717.jpg
IMAG07696.jpg
IMAG07687.jpg
IMAG07674.jpg
IMAG07646.jpg
IMAG076310.jpg
IMAG07629.jpg

I decided to cut the smallest bud I could find to test out. After getting it out of the tent and down stairs in normal light I think they are going to need another week but I want to see how it smokes at this stage to compare. I broke it into a couple pieces and put it in an envelope on top of my biggest light to quick dry it. It has a fantastic smell, like sweet lemon candy, its very pronounced and doesn't really smell like weed at all. I hope it stays this way through cure.

Here are a couple shots I tried to take through my loop of the bud I cut.
IMAG07747.jpg
IMAG07756.jpg
IMAG07766.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb:

So how does this grow compare to your previous three? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Those Plushberries are benchmark! I haven't seen much better. (You should make plans for NOTM.)

+reps! :thumb:

So how does this grow compare to your previous three? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Those Plushberries are benchmark! I haven't seen much better. (You should make plans for NOTM.)

+reps! :thumb:

LOL, no comparison. I screwed those autoflowers up every which way possible. Stunted serval times, crap ferts, plain promix, kept the light twice as high as I should of etc. I barely even smoked any of it just wasn't worth the lung capacity needed to get an affect from it.

I managed to pull some decent buds a few years ago with a 1k hps and the full kit of advanced nutes in ocean forest soil but nothing that looked anywhere near as frosty as this :cheer:

Thank you so much that is a huge compliment especially coming from you. I was just hoping for somthing I didn't need to throw away this time, certianly wasn't thinking about entering any contests :high-five:

I really cant wait to try it, hopefully the test nug is dried out enough for a test tonight :volcano-smiley:

It was funny the other day at work we were talking about legalization and the black market and how expensive it is at dispensaries and people were talking about how the black market couldn't grow as good of buds as the dispensaries do anyway so it wouldn't matter. I just giggled inside. Not sure what dispensaries there talking about but the ones I get my meds from don't look anything like these. In fact I got a 1/4 of plushberry from the dispensary a while ago and almost didn't bother growing it because it was so unimpressive lol.

I wanted to start telling them about high mineral content soil and brix readings and ..... but I just had to go along with it like I didn't know anymore about the subject then the rest of them :p

I woke up this morning to a nice treat. My test bud was dried out and ready, well a little over dried out but what ever :D

Even being fast dried with no wash and zero cure it is very smooth with a nice sweet flavor. I was surprised it didn't taste more green or grassy. It turned out to be nice and dense too unlike my last grow. Actually they are even more dense then the buds I grew under a 1k hps in a 2x4 cabinet lol. It doesn't seem to be super potent at this point but no slouch either, about the same as the buds I get from the dispensary (the dispensaries in NV are still underground and their product is decent but not what you guys in Cali are used to getting, our topshelf is prolly closer to your midshelf dispensary buds). I think after another week or so to finish plus a wash, normal dry and cure these are going to be yuuuuummmmmmyyyyyyyyy :cheer:

My vegging plants were out growing their pots so I up-potted them last night from the 3gal equiv air pots into 2, 5 gal equiv and 1 7gal (I only have 2 of the 5 gal size unfortunately). The 3gal equiv size seems to only be good for about a month of veg from a rooted clone. My next round is going to be MONSTER with all of this veg time lol. I have a feeling am going to need to do some serious training to keep them under control.

I think from now on I will be using the propagation size for seedlings and rooting clones. 5gal equiv size for vegging and the 15gal equiv size for flowering. I was torn between the 10 and the 15 but then I realized they are both 16.5" around, the 15 is just taller so the 15s won. You can also move the base up higher if you want to run less soil in it :thumb:

@SmokerJoe I forgot to mention the second best feature of the airpots. When its transplant time you can unscrew the fasteners and unroll the sides. The entire root ball will come right out with no need cut your roots to fix up all the spiral roots at the bottom of the pot. It couldn't be easier and I haven't noticed the plants getting stunted like they do when you have to chop a bunch of roots off of them. :thumb:

Also its not as critical to keep them in smaller pots and transplant more frequently since the roots will fill in the entire pot anyway. I seriously :love: these things :peace:

Soooooo I might have judged the potency before smoking enough of it... After having a couple more bowls throughout the day i'm ripped. It's almost like not having a tolerance all over again just keeps getting stronger the more I smoke. Has quite a strong head stone to it, not exactly high and uppy but my brain feels stoned and ready to go back to bed. I am going to need to be careful with this one. I can normally smoke as much as I want and still fully function. With this not so much :bravo:

Here is a close up of the dried out test bud. Well whats left of it anyway :tokin: It's a little racy for my liking still so hopefully it calms down some with the extra grow time. I am gonna give her a shot of energy / tea and a tiny amount of transplant tonight when the lights come on to hopefully help her through till the end. I also added a little less then a half teaspoon of epsom salts to the two gallons of feed water.

IMAG0789_1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Some new shots from feeding time tonight. The plushberry smells about twice as strong as she did last night :D Tomorrow is the first day of week 9 since the flip.

Tent shot
IMAG08085.jpg

Amazonias, these seem to be recovering nicely and are really starting to pack on some crystals :thumb:
IMAG08097.jpg
IMAG08105.jpg
IMAG08115.jpg
IMAG08124.jpg

Plushberry
IMAG08135.jpg
IMAG08144.jpg
IMAG08154.jpg
IMAG08164.jpg

I cut a new test bud today to make sure before I chop the rest this weekend, well that and I miss smoking it. I also pruned up my mothers and bent one of the amazonias down to get ready for a scrog. Since that one takes the longest its going in the plushberry slot and then I will run a plushberry and the strawberry blue once the current amazonias finish up. At least thats the current plan.

I still don't see any amber trics, do they actually turn amber in highbrix? Should I give them another week? I just would prefer to not need to harvest in the middle of the week if I can avoid it. Since this will be the first time drying buds out here I want to be home to keep an eye on the humidity and what not.

Shot by the window of the new test bud, she looks yummy :thumb:
IMAG08394.jpg

Back
Top Bottom