Squattingbear's Promix Pineapple Cheese Tent

Re: Promix problems - Noob needin' some help

That made my ears perk. Tell me more.

Thanks for posting those. JimmyJames was the person where I first heard about the Promix with Tomato on the bag.

At my age I might have dreamed it :laugh:

I never use ph down so I would l t know when I was on promix I used advanced nutrients ph perfect so never once did I check ph at all.

Odd when I hit the promix sponsor links on 420, I'm getting a security certification message and a warning about them and a different company name.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thank you for reporting this. We are in touch with the sponsor to get it fixed. :thanks:

You should try 18/6 for lighting schedule for veg .
Also pH after you mix your nutes , just keep it between the ranges I said earlier. It may take a couple weeks to bring them back to health .
If you do that , you should be right on track . Don't over think it and be patient.
I wouldn't put them into flower until they are healthy again unless you want your yield to suffer .

i just switched to 18/6 and i think i am going to try out the 5.8-6... i started this whole thing watering at 6.3-6.5 and they are not happy lol.. but i have spotted some nice healthy white roots at the bottom of the pot

I made a "slurry" with promix and my tap water at 7.8 the slurry ph was 6.3
Made a second one with water ph'd at 6.3, the slurry tested 5.7

Awesome sharing my friend I just learned how to test mediums before hand .

Awesome sharing my friend I just learned how to test mediums before hand .
Thanks man, I’m slowly trying to grasp all of this from the accumulated help of all of you. You all are the best.

So you think I should get my RUNOFF to come out at 6?

I do not. 6.0 is pretty low. My run off comes out at 6.4 usually goes in at 6.6-6.5.
It seems (to me anyways)the pro-mix buffers a little bit. I've had lots more ph problems in fresh pro-mix than I do after the plants are established.

I do not. 6.0 is pretty low. My run off comes out at 6.4 usually goes in at 6.6-6.5.
It seems (to me anyways)the pro-mix buffers a little bit. I've had lots more ph problems in fresh pro-mix than I do after the plants are established.
Okay thank you for your input! I just skimmed through a small portion of your journal, very nice work. How much have you ran promix hp? Like do you have past experience with it before your current journal? Any, and all info is super appreciated!!!

I use(d) pro-mix in my space buckets as well. I've watched multiple generations go through there. But it's a narrow window yes

So I need to peak at your buckets more, pretty badass concept... so the roots stretch from the promix down to somewhat of a DWC??

The space buckets are just self contained Chambers for one plant in a 3 gal fabric pot full of pro-mix hp. Another note: It's important to let it dry out enough but not too much, it's possible to over water with it and peat moss tends to become acidic when it's water logged.

Is the slurry a fairly accurate way to figure out what the ph is fresh out of the bag?

I've never done that one , I use advanced nutrients ph perfect so it buffers the medium
When the plant ask for something it takes it if ph is out of range it's a chelate I think that keeps the ph in the zone the plant is asking for essentially I could be wrong . So I've never er tested a "slurry test "

But if was to ph my tap water which is usually around a ph range of 7 neutrality. That also is a neutral area of. It mistaken not to accitty not to alkaline.

So anyways sorry hitting some death bubba shatter what's left

I would ph down it to 6.4? In soil bit I would want it down to 5.5 -5.8 act aa hydro . That is why people like to add extra perlite to medium of pro mix hp 30% extra so it give better aeration more even airing out .

But I think my thought here is if your running promix hp straight from the bag you could probably water or feed less often as it holds so much moisture . Which would almost act as. Soil ph range ? So I would flush go feed feed flush get away any salt build up on root system.

To test I think they say run it through first out of bag so my tap water is 7 ph I run a flush right away through it read ph say ph reads at run off 8.9 keep running flush til it reads 7 then you will know your medium is all covered in 7 then you can lower more so .

Again this is how I would think about it .

After my experiences but again I ain't no bro like some
Of these bosses .

Always good when we can throw are thoughts and get advised other wise .

The space buckets are just self contained Chambers for one plant in a 3 gal fabric pot full of pro-mix hp. Another note: It's important to let it dry out enough but not too much, it's possible to over water with it and peat moss tends to become acidic when it's water logged.
Good looks sir. Great journal also

well for now, heres some update info. hopefully it will help you guys see the errors and guide me in the right direction on how to correct said errors. run off came out pretty high PPM

today was first official day of 18/6 lighting, before lights off i gave them a mild epsom salt spray down.
once it was lights on i mixed up a feeding of nutrients
1.25ml/gal floranova grow
1.25ml/gal gh rapid start
2.5 ml/gal botanicare calmag plus
ph@6.5 ppm:700 (bubbled tap water 24hrs for a resulting ppm of 100 before nutes)

each 5 gal nursery pot of promix HP took a gallon of water before it produced 10-20% runoff
cheese#1- runoff ph:5.9
ppm: 880
cheese#2- runoff ph: 5.9
ppm 890
pineapple chunk #1- runoff ph: 6.0
ppm: 900
pineapple chunk #2- runoff ph: 5.9
ppm: 1010

the high ppm runoff is what is scaring me. not sure what to do.
this is the first time ive started writing things down and taking notes/records of what i am feeding/water and when. so hopefully so uniformity and organization can help me out.

also, my humidity is low. i was wrong. it is sitting at 33-35%rh right now, 600w air cooled HPS is 36" away from tops. temps sitting at 72 lights on, 67 lights off. all help is apprecated

Still say your PhD water going in should be 6.5 -6.7 range. This may be soilless but it behaves like soil, not like coco or hydro . Your runoff values are low for Promix hp. Watch your girls.....

Back
Top Bottom