Squattingbear's Promix Pineapple Cheese Tent

Re: Promix problems - Noob needin' some help

Ive tried a few searches and have not found the threads on Promix Organic use where I first heard about it. I remember them because the grower was telling people to find the product with the tomato pic on the bag.

If memory serves, they were growing autos so a 90 day feed would work with no added nutrients.

Hey I've seen that in Walmart I think .

That's where I'm getting confused, ive read soil ph is at 6.7, but this isn't soil it's basically peat moss with perlite? I'm just getting conflicting information... some say 5.8-6, others such as yourself have recommended 6.7 range.. I'll check out your journals for sure after work. Thanks for all the good input everybody

Early flower I'd be around 6.2 ish

I'm using promix hp. So you treat promix as soil watering at 6.5?

No treat it like hydro or coco bud

My tap water comes out at about 150ppm I figured that might take care of the calmag while young but I don't know much. I also haven't checked my water report to tell me exactly what that 150ppm contains lol. Thanks for all the input guys, this has been muh more productive than rambling my thoughts off to my wife.

You should look at my kings true grow lots of great info .

No treat it like hydro or coco bud

Hi KJ I know zero about hydro or coco growing. I'm wondering ... Why is that the ph levels are different?

My tap water comes out at about 150ppm I figured that might take care of the calmag while young but I don't know much. I also haven't checked my water report to tell me exactly what that 150ppm contains lol. Thanks for all the input guys, this has been muh more productive than rambling my thoughts off to my wife.
If you use tap water it is suggested to let it air out in a jug or whatever for 24 hours and let any chlorine evaporate. I called Advanced Nutrients when I very first started growing and ask them what my pH should be in promix. If you want to be sure call them yourself. Nothing better than hearing from the horses mouth.

Hi KJ I know zero about hydro or coco growing. I'm wondering ... Why is that the ph levels are different?

Well soil holds more moisture so what your doing is feeding it then it absorbs it over time just like coco problem is coco drys about faster it always is breathing you can not drown coco? Therefore making it very hard to over water . Then if your temps are dial in then once a day you should feed it . The tho g with promix it holds moisture . There fore it can sufficate your roots and drown them. That is why they say add perlite 20-30%

In coco your charging your medium then it eats it up as it drys out. It takes a few grows to get comfy with the plants and can be overwhelming but hang in there it does get a bit easier but we all run into problems bud .

Yes oldbear, definitely seeing that. I sincerely think you guys are mistaken about the soil pH. I've done full grows in promix HP and never had a problem at 6.7, I believe you guys are mistaken coco with promix. Coco has the same pH requirements as Hydro.
Guy, I tend to take your side. I grew in Promix till I changed to coco coir, and I always cut it 35-40% with Perlite & ph was 6.3-6.8. Promix retains to much water, to water everyday. Just my .02 !! Even In coco, I raise my ph as the blooming progress's. At week 6-7, I'm at ph 6.2-6-5.:surf:

Look what I just found ..
420-magazine-mobile1641438144.jpg

Guy, I tend to take your side. I grew in Promix till I changed to coco coir, and I always cut it 35-40% with Perlite & ph was 6.3-6.8. Promix retains to much water, to water everyday. Just my .02 !! Even In coco, I raise my ph as the blooming progress's. At week 6-7, I'm at ph 6.2-6-5.:surf:

So you think I should start around 6.3 and possibly work my way to 6.7ish in bloom? I agree I don’t think I can water this promix everyday.
I just added some 1/2”ish holes around the base of the pots to add to drainage, because they’ve felt heavy for a couple days, revealing nice white roots beginning to spiral around the base of the 5gal pots. Also do most of y’all agree to not let the medium get bone dry (obviously before the plant completely droops) but to keep it moist? Will a true dry spell cause ph swings?

Yup. Mine was the old packaging but same thing. It was a very love hate deal for awhile. Still not in love with it but don't hate it as much either. Being able to take a 4 day weekend and not worry about them drying out is nice though.

My $.02. I've run pro mix HP with and without adding more perlite in fabric pots and it seems like the plants are happy in the ≈ 6.5 range mentioned above.

Your $.02 is very much appreciated. Thank you for adding to the discussion my friend. I’m still super unsure what to go with lol doesn’t help I am indecisive about just about damn everything.

That made my ears perk. Tell me more.

Just found it need to look into I swear they sell this at Walmart I might give a go ?

I use Pro-Mix BX and Dyna Gro nutes. The proper range for that combination is 6.2 to 6.8 (with my target 6.5) per the nute company. On my first grow (on grow 7 now) I was also confused as if I should treat it as hydro or soil and fed at a range of 5.8 to 6.2. I had a lot of "deficiency" looking issues. Once I found out the proper range and started a lower dose every watering feed schedule, it's been greener pastures. I do like the idea of contacting whatever nute company's products you are using for their input. It's my understanding that some lines do better considering Pro Mix as hydro, and others do better treating it like soil. That may be why you get differing opinions.

I use Pro-Mix BX and Dyna Gro nutes. The proper range for that combination is 6.2 to 6.8 (with my target 6.5) per the nute company. On my first grow (on grow 7 now) I was also confused as if I should treat it as hydro or soil and fed at a range of 5.8 to 6.2. I had a lot of "deficiency" looking issues. Once I found out the proper range and started a lower dose every watering feed schedule, it's been greener pastures. I do like the idea of contacting whatever nute company's products you are using for their input. It's my understanding that some lines do better considering Pro Mix as hydro, and others do better treating it like soil. That may be why you get differing opinions.
Good call about different brands having different baseline requirements. I'm sticking with my 6.5-6.7 range. I've shown no deficiencies at all in my previous grows. A pinch of dolomitic lime and mycos in each pot every feed and boom......results. Same soil as you SB........ . Tried and tested.

Back
Top Bottom