Sqwheels' Perpetual 2L Hempy + Moms

hey sorry to interrupt but I just want to make sure that everybody here has casted their votes!!! down to the last hours before they close the polls tonight!!! Make sure you get there and not waste your votes!!! we need 3 more to make the POTM contest goal of 100 votes this month!!!
So if you haven't headed over there yet!!! go vote!!! just click HERE go to the contests!!!

:peacetwo:

If your results mimic that of mine and Xare's ....... 12, SOG'd 2 liter plants should give you approximately 6 ounces of cured bud off of every run. This is going straight to 12/12 with no veg time.

How much were you hoping for?

If it's more than that, I'd say you'll have to consider vegging, and bigger pots. However, if 6 ounces will last you, I see no benefit in going any larger.

KISS

Hi 420fied,

:adore: I'll feel lucky if my results mimic yours and X's, yes that's what I'm shooting for. :high-five: Wish me luck.

I'm with you 420fied.....I was trying to get her to NOT SOG cause her light is too BIG for that small number of plants. She could flower 12 two liters under a 250 watt (or even a 100 watt) since the pots are so small. May as well veg for a week or two and get some branch buds too. The veg period is really for the roots in my book. It is more important to develop the roots if you are growing from clones vs. seeds. You want to fill the container before flowering starts are root development slows.

Hi OG,

I see your point about the 400w mh being more than what's necessary for the number I'm growing, but that's not a bad thing is it. I mean it's not going to hurt them, right? I thought it would make for good light penetration, help to create denser flowers, and because it's what I have.

About veg...I'll probably end up just watching the plants and shortly after I see the side branching start, then I'll flower. I figure if they are healthy enough to do that, then the root system is healthy enough to flower. I don't want those side shoots to get a chance to grow very long...the bushiness is what I'm trying to get away from, when those arms get too long is when the plants become too big for me when it's fully mature, harvest time. The size plants that 420fied had at harvest is what I'm shooting for, 18-22" and mostly 1 cola all the way up. And actually quantity is NOT as important to me as quality.

The health of the plants is ultimately what I will go by...I'm going to be growing 2 different ways...I have both seeds and a clone.

I plan to top the Wonder Woman clone, I think she'll be big enough in a few more days...so I'll try to clone that top to start a new plant. And she has a very nice stalk, I'm going to attempt to bonsai her.

I just transplanted the White Widow seedlings, they each have their own 2ltr hempy pot now, and each had a nice amount of roots growing out of the rooting cubes I started them in. Here's to hoping they take well to their new homes. :bong:

Are you using tap water Sqwheels? Shouldn't need cal mag supplement.....

Yes, I'm using tap water. I don't know it's mineral content. I've been looking for a report online but haven't found one yet. I may have to go downtown to get one. I think it has alot of calcium...it turns my regular houseplants white on top. Maybe it's lime. I don't know for sure.

I took some more pictures, I'll try to get them uploaded later today.

Thanks for all the input guys...much appreciated. :circle-of-love:

Hi Sqwheels!

You can do a lot with a 400w. That auto-flower I just grew was 4.7z dried under a 400w bulb. Granted, it was a single plant grow and got all the light, but people often don't give enough credit to what a 400w can do, imho. When they are young, that 400w can be a little too bright and actually stunt their growth or cause damage/even kill them. I now start my seedlings under floros before going under 400w. I should have done that longer this time - that much light can be hard on small vegging plants, though they usually will be just fine if you baby them and give them enough RH. More isn't really better when they're young, but during flowering it sure is for the most part!

I see your point about the 400w mh being more than what's necessary for the number I'm growing, but that's not a bad thing is it. I mean it's not going to hurt them, right? I thought it would make for good light penetration, help to create denser flowers, and because it's what I have.

----No the 400 is fine, all I have ever used personally (MH and HPS)

About veg...I'll probably end up just watching the plants and shortly after I see the side branching start, then I'll flower. I figure if they are healthy enough to do that, then the root system is healthy enough to flower. I don't want those side shoots to get a chance to grow very long... And actually quantity is NOT as important to me as quality.

-----That's great....develop the roots, then flower. And I'm def w/ you on quality, that's all that matters in the end! I just didn't want you to have them too small and not get enough harvest and "waste" electricity by not filling enough area. Judicious supercropping will help control your stretch based on genetics....

I plan to top the Wonder Woman clone, I think she'll be big enough in a few more days...so I'll try to clone that top to start a new plant. And she has a very nice stalk, I'm going to attempt to bonsai her.

I just transplanted the White Widow seedlings, they each have their own 2ltr hempy pot now, and each had a nice amount of roots growing out of the rooting cubes I started them in. Here's to hoping they take well to their new homes. :bong:

---cool:cheer: that's a great plan...

Yes, I'm using tap water. I don't know it's mineral content. I've been looking for a report online but haven't found one yet. I may have to go downtown to get one. I think it has alot of calcium...it turns my regular houseplants white on top. Maybe it's lime. I don't know for sure.

---I'm sure you got plenty of calcium and your alkalinity is probably high too, typical around there.

Hi All,

Weekly update...a day late
I've been away from my PC most of the week, sorry I haven't kept up all my reading, I'll get around to yall's journals as soon as I can. I've missed you all...

so, I got home last night and snapped these pics of the girls.

Group shot of the seedlings...21 days from the day I put them in paper towel to germinate. They have 3 sets of true leaves now. I think they look pretty good, but a couple of them have some weird leaf splits going on if I look really close. I should probably start giving some nutes now, they look like they need N, I wasn't sure when to start feeding and I didn't want to start too soon.
DSCN02975.JPG

DSCN02965.JPG

DSCN02954.JPG

DSCN02946.JPG

DSCN02933.JPG

And Wonder Woman...she's looking good too.

DSCN03008.JPG

I'm going to top her today, and try to clone her top and Bonsai her for a mother. This is a first for me, cross your fingers and wish me luck.

:green_heart:

Happy Growing Everybody

good to see someone else running wonder woman around here.

I've been growing 2 different phenos for almost a year now, I'm actually flowering my last few clones of it as I've decided to move onto other strains in the garden. You will love the wonder woman, I have absolutely no complaints about the plant, it grows really well and easily, takes nutes, takes a lack of nutes, grows nice fat dense buds and yields very well. The smoke is amazing, it tastes great, a little on the harsh side, but well worth it either way, the stone is very heavy. I had a sativa pheno that smelled really fruity and an indica pheno that smelled the same, but with a mix of kerosene in there. The indica pheno yielded much fatter buds, about the same weight, but the plant doesn't stretch much. The sativa pheno I had stretched about a foot in flower, not too bad.

They clone easily too man, you have a good strain on your hands.

CrimsonK,

Hello, and :welcome: to my journal, I'm glad you stopped by and let me know about the Wonder Woman. I had never heard of it before my buddy gave me one. I like the fact that they don't stretch much, I really want to keep them small this time. And the review you gave...you should put that into the strain review section, there isn't a mention of Wonder Woman in that forum. It would be nice to have someone with personal experience give a review.

Thanks for the info... :peace:

yeah bro, I know when I was thinking of getting the strain, there was barely any reviews anywhere of it, one of the reasons I got it actually was for the rare factor. I'll post up a strain review in there in hopes to help anyone else who's curious about the strain. It's definitely not the most potent of strains, but it still packs a serious kick.

yeah bro, I know when I was thinking of getting the strain, there was barely any reviews anywhere of it, one of the reasons I got it actually was for the rare factor. I'll post up a strain review in there in hopes to help anyone else who's curious about the strain. It's definitely not the most potent of strains, but it still packs a serious kick.

Hi Crimson, just a heads up that Sqwheels isn't a bro, she's a really cool... "sis". ;)

I've always been interested in Wonder Woman, that's a Nirvana strain, right? I've had good luck with their genetics.

Looking like a good Sog so far, Sqwheels, off to a nice start - hope you are well! :thumb:

Hi Crimson, just a heads up that Sqwheels isn't a bro, she's a really cool... "sis". ;)

I've always been interested in Wonder Woman, that's a Nirvana strain, right? I've had good luck with their genetics.

Looking like a good Sog so far, Sqwheels, off to a nice start - hope you are well! :thumb:

lol my bad, bro just tends to come out more as a friendly term, I'm guilty of calling my girlfriend that sometimes, but thanks for cleaning that up :roorrip:

wonder woman is a nirvana strain, I too have had great experiences with anything I've grown from them, so it's definitely a strain for any grower to try, they won't be disappointed.

Hey Guys,

"Just a heads up"...I didn't think anything about the "bro" thing. I kinda like the anonimity of the internet, only because we're not immediately judged by outside appearances. My being a woman in a wheelschair tends to get alot of pre judging, if you can imagine, before I even open my mouth...which I sometimes put my foot in...anyway you get the point. Bro...sis...whatever it's all good. If you spend enough time in my journals you'll figure it out :yahoo:

Ok, just to let everybody know...I chicken'd out, I didn't top the Wonder Woman. I was afraid to ruin (kill) the only one I have.

So...New plan. Last night I gave all of them their first nutes. I'm going to veg Wonder Woman for a while, let her get some branches and take those as clones, then I'll flower her, (I think this was OG's suggestion to begin with) by that time I think my seedlings will be big enough to put into flower as well. I think I'm going to FIM 2 of the White Widows just to see what happens. First, I'll have to go find some more info on Fimming a plant tho, cuz I've only seen a couple posts about it. I need more than just a picture, I have a great example photo that OMM gave me but, I'd like to know more about how the plants grow after this is done...

If anyone knows of a good thread on this subject please let me know.

Thanks All...

Bro's and Sis's alike

:peace:

Hey Guys,

"Just a heads up"...I didn't think anything about the "bro" thing. I kinda like the anonimity of the internet, only because we're not immediately judged by outside appearances. My being a woman in a wheelschair tends to get alot of pre judging, if you can imagine, before I even open my mouth...which I sometimes put my foot in...anyway you get the point. Bro...sis...whatever it's all good. If you spend enough time in my journals you'll figure it out :yahoo:

Ok, just to let everybody know...I chicken'd out, I didn't top the Wonder Woman. I was afraid to ruin (kill) the only one I have.

So...New plan. Last night I gave all of them their first nutes. I'm going to veg Wonder Woman for a while, let her get some branches and take those as clones, then I'll flower her, (I think this was OG's suggestion to begin with) by that time I think my seedlings will be big enough to put into flower as well. I think I'm going to FIM 2 of the White Widows just to see what happens. First, I'll have to go find some more info on Fimming a plant tho, cuz I've only seen a couple posts about it. I need more than just a picture, I have a great example photo that OMM gave me but, I'd like to know more about how the plants grow after this is done...

If anyone knows of a good thread on this subject please let me know.

Thanks All...

Bro's and Sis's alike

Sqwheels, it's not FIM'ing, but I HIGHLY recommend you Google "Uncle Ben's Topping" and check that out. It's a way to top the plant to get four PRIMARY colas and is very predictable, as opposed to FIM'ing which is less predictable and results in "secondary" colas. You can UBT AND FIM, if desired!

lol my bad, bro just tends to come out more as a friendly term, I'm guilty of calling my girlfriend that sometimes, but thanks for cleaning that up :roorrip:

I did the same thing!!! LOL!!!

Hey Guys,

LOL, I thought this was the 3rd grow??? it seems a lot like Deja Vue to me!!! didn't we go through this in your last journal as well!!! LOL!!!

:peacetwo:

Yes, it is time to feed--Hempy is considered hydro as far as constant nute use. The tap root should be down to the res by now. Wonder Woman could be topped for the clone or wait for branches. You won't kill her by cutting off the top, be brave, it is a WEED. You will probably want to top before flowering anyway, start now. You need to have a viable clone (rooted and potted up) before flowering the donor, start a practice clone now.....

^^ just seconding OG's comment, you can top the plant without killing it. Just chop the very top off and give her a couple days to recover and you will see great results. the only way you can kill a plant by topping is if you literally cut everything off, which is pretty hard to do.

Sqwheels, it's not FIM'ing, but I HIGHLY recommend you Google "Uncle Ben's Topping" and check that out. It's a way to top the plant to get four PRIMARY colas and is very predictable, as opposed to FIM'ing which is less predictable and results in "secondary" colas. You can UBT AND FIM, if desired!

Hey Mr. K,

Great read/view... :thanks: for the info, Uncle Ben's Topping. This was really good info. Do you know, is there a way, maybe ask permission from him and the 420 staff and reproduce this info into a forum here? I don't know all the rules, and don't want to break any.

I don't know if the tiny little stalk of my seedling will hold up 4 colas...I think I kept them under the hum dome too long and they stretched a little too much in the first few days of life. But it's worth a try to at least one, just to see what happens. Also I want to keep these plants small and under my control. My real goal here is to mimic 420fied's sog. But because I'm new to growing I want to experiment a little too.

Astonr,

3rd grow, 2nd journal, and CrimsonK is new... to my journal anyway

:bong:

Yes, it is time to feed--Hempy is considered hydro as far as constant nute use. The tap root should be down to the res by now. Wonder Woman could be topped for the clone or wait for branches. You won't kill her by cutting off the top, be brave, it is a WEED. You will probably want to top before flowering anyway, start now. You need to have a viable clone (rooted and potted up) before flowering the donor, start a practice clone now.....

Hi OG,

Happy to see you...

What makes you say the tap roots should be down that far already? I'm not sure but I don't think it is. I put them into the hempy mix on sept 1st, it's only been a week and I didn't see any tap root when I transplanted them, only little white hair like roots coming out of the root riot cube

Yes, I know I should top or take clones before I flower, but why "rooted and potted up" before flowering the donor...is that a timing issue for harvesting? I still don't have that quite figured out. Kinda why I decided to let the Wonder Woman grow a few branches for clones, so the seedlings could catch up before putting the whole bunch of them into flower. As you can tell I haven't a clue what I'm doing still.

HMG..nice to see you again,

Not long at all...only until I see the little branches start growing. I don't want these plants to get very big. My ultimate goal is to mimic 420fied's sog. But because I started with seeds instead of clones I feel like they need a little veg time. I know there are people who 12/12 from seed, but I haven't looked at many of them.

Small is key to my plans, I want to be able to manipulate them all by myself as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom