Sqwheels' Perpetual 2L Hempy + Moms

HMG..nice to see you again,

Not long at all...only until I see the little branches start growing. I don't want these plants to get very big. My ultimate goal is to mimic 420fied's sog. But because I started with seeds instead of clones I feel like they need a little veg time. I know there are people who 12/12 from seed, but I haven't looked at many of them.

Small is key to my plans, I want to be able to manipulate them all by myself as much as possible.

I understand what you are saying. I was just wondering how much difference there will doing seeds in a 2 liter versus clones, as far as root development and space for the roots.

Have to looked at 420fied's 112 sog journal? It's fabulous

His 2ltrs were full of roots, and about 1/2oz per plant.

I could only be so lucky!

:yummy:

I have looked through it a little. I ran a couple clones in hempy buckets (Folgers coffee containers) They worked out ok for me, not as nice as 420fied's.

I think you will rock this grow and you will get what your looking for.

Hey Mr. K,

Great read/view... :thanks: for the info, Uncle Ben's Topping. This was really good info. Do you know, is there a way, maybe ask permission from him and the 420 staff and reproduce this info into a forum here? I don't know all the rules, and don't want to break any.

I don't know if the tiny little stalk of my seedling will hold up 4 colas...I think I kept them under the hum dome too long and they stretched a little too much in the first few days of life. But it's worth a try to at least one, just to see what happens. Also I want to keep these plants small and under my control. My real goal here is to mimic 420fied's sog. But because I'm new to growing I want to experiment a little too.

:peace:

I thought you'd like it! :)

It was a real "eye-opener" to me, too!

I was thinking about re-posting the article here, I just haven't been motivated enough to steall all the pic's, then re-upload them and put them in the right spots in the article. As I remember, there were a few pics missing even from the original post. But, you're right, it would be a good article to have here so we don't have to tell people to Google it! :thumb:

The roots should only take a week or 10 days to hit the res, then growth will really take off, go look at early 420fied pages or PM him for timing issues. Those little stems will adapt to hold up 4 big colas.....don't worry. If you want to help strengthen them, just direct a little more fan on them (don't let them dry out). The stems will get strong fast.

Yes, fabulous growing and great journal - 420fied rocked that one, huh?! :thumb:

:yummy: is right!

Hi Folks,

It's only been 2 days but they have grown so much that I had to take some photos...also I chose a victim and followed uncle ben's topping technique, almost...when I cut back to the second node I accidentally also cut one of the branches to be, so instead of 4 main colas I'll probably only have 3...Damn, my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

Also I think I'm having nute issues...like I suspected a couple days back, they needed nutes, I gave them 5ml Canna Terra vega for the last 2 days, about 6oz each, just enough to bring the water up to the whole and slightly leak out into the overflow tray.

OG--you may be right, the tap root may be into the res now because they grew overnight it seems like after the first nutes.

So, here they are today...

Group shot
DSCN03048.JPG

You can see the curling leaf in this shot
DSCN03056.JPG

And the yellowing leaf in this shot
DSCN03083.JPG

A little leaf end disfigurment with this shot
DSCN03075.JPG

This one doesn't look too bad
DSCN03067.JPG

This is the topping victim
DSCN03103.JPG

And after topping
DSCN03113.JPG

:green_heart:

Happy Growing Everybody

Great job, Sqwheels! :welldone:

I do see where you got that one node on the topping, but you're right, three colas aren't bad, especially when it's three MAIN colas. You can always top/FIM again, if desired, to get more secondary colas, but being you're going for a 2l SOG, it'll be fun to see how they turn out as-is! :thumb:

looking good, I love topping my SLH plants, they stretch so much that the tops turn into multiple claws reaching for the sky. I usually top them twice and end up with 4-6 main colas, works out great for yield since they stretch to the moon

Now that the tap root is down, your "nute issues" should go away, they can get a more steady supply now. It is most dicey while trying to reach the res. Should be smooth sailing now. Good Luck

Hi MrK,

Ya, you can see where I didn't have my scissors level, I accidentally cut on an angle and snipped that little arm right off, but not a big deal it's all experimental at this point. :yahoo: I'm not even sure they'll be female

Thanks again for the info "uncle Ben's topping" if all you have to do is take the time to cut copy and paste all that into a new thread here @ 420 I'll try to get that done...I just didn't want to break any rules by doing so. Do I need permission from the other site/author?

Hey CK20,

What's SLH?

4 main colas is what I was suppose to be shooting for but I accidentally cut too much. I'm actually trying to keep them small...I just want them to grow a main cola without alot of side branching, when they get that big it's just too much for me to handle. I figure if I can get a plant to give 4 (in this case 3) main colas in pretty much the same container and configuation as what 420fied's sog was, it will increase my yield with fewer plants.

We'll see what happens :bong:

Dang...I guess, OG's quick. Now if I could just figure out a good way to keep all this great info organized so I could put my finger on it when I need it

Ok, wait...is this only in OG's blog or is it like one of those sticky note threads in the growers forum? It boils down to how will I or anyone else find this link again when needed?

Hey CK20,

What's SLH?

4 main colas is what I was suppose to be shooting for but I accidentally cut too much. I'm actually trying to keep them small...I just want them to grow a main cola without alot of side branching, when they get that big it's just too much for me to handle. I figure if I can get a plant to give 4 (in this case 3) main colas in pretty much the same container and configuation as what 420fied's sog was, it will increase my yield with fewer plants.

We'll see what happens :bong:

Next time don't top them, FIMM them, or anything else them and tell me which way you like it better.

Now if I could just figure out a good way to keep all this great info organized so I could put my finger on it when I need it

Ok, wait...is this only in OG's blog or is it like one of those sticky note threads in the growers forum? It boils down to how will I or anyone else find this link again when needed?

That's why I put it where I can find it--in my blog. You just have to remember it's in my blog:laughtwo::reading420magazine:

Next time don't top them, FIMM them, or anything else them and tell me which way you like it better.

Hi 420fied, nice to see you

I'm new and don't know all the lingo...

Topping vs FIMM

I was under the impression that you "top" a clone or more mature plant with leaves that aren't growing in a symetrical pattern, and you "FIMM" a plant grown from seed, while still very young, with only 4-6 nodes (google Uncle Ben's topping) and the leaves are still growing in a symetrical pattern, also something about the hormones at this stage of growth.

Since the 4 white widows are from seed, I thought I'd try it to see if I can get 4, well 3 in my case, main colas. OG kept saying I could grow more with my 400w, imagine...if I can mimic your hempy sog and have 6 plants each produce 4 main colas...

How cool would that be :yummy:

"or anything else them" what else is there?

Hi Spike,

I've seen you around also, It's nice to have you. Thanks for the encouragement. I think I haven't got my pH right yet or something. They look a little wrinkled to me, and I have some yellow spotting. Not sure what's up, but I'll keep working at it. We shall see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom