Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Mine end up around 7 gallons. They start in 1 gallon or so and sometimes go right to 7's from there. A few are 10 gallons though but I don't see a difference in the size of the fruit.

Sweet! This is perfect timing as I plan on doing a mainline on the Haze Xtreme I just dropped. That and a mini-flux as well. Needs to be long and low. :thanks:

Brilliant Van, thanks again (took me a long time to catch up doncha know ;))!
7 gallons huh.....wow. Well I will keep em in these for as long as I can.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with that Haze Xtreme! By all accounts main-lining will drastically slow down your plants growth so should be the way to go for you.

Mr and Ms Stank...Thank you very much for your hospitality this fine spring day! My sincere apologies for hi-jacking your journal. It's apparent that discussions of the cannabis nature become...well..passionate. Can you imagine the group of us at a get together? My non-cannabis husband would be sleeping in a corner. Again! Many thanks and a very good evening to you both!
Lady G....only one rule in here, no personal attacks on other members. Aside from that....we run an open thread on this journal. If you have a question....ask it. I know we can move fast but we have a lot of variety of growers here that can answer almost anything that gets asked.

So please feel free to ask about strains, or training, or whatever. I learn additional things by researching to answer questions or from reading input from the other great members her. No need to apologize for any 'derailing', any canna talk is always welcome!

It's funny you say that. I was telling Lisa yesterday that I had a dream where I was playing Texas Holdem with others who enjoy growing their own. We didn't use toothpicks, or coins to bet. We were betting SEEDS!
LOL, I like that dream

Ha-ha! What a great idea! It could be an annual 420 get-together in Las Vegas! :rofl: I'll see your Afghan Skunk and raise you 5 GSCs!

That could be interesting with a few of the member's seed stock!

In your worm bin ....... How much regular soil can I put in there to start off? Is it ok if it already is cooked LOS soil? I go through veggies alot. I know they also like coffee grounds if I'm not mistaken. Would celery be ok to throw in the bin. I'm interested. Can ya tell:rofl:

Hey Scottay, thanks for stopping in bud! Oh Blew can definitely give ya the scoop with vermi composting! Ask away...and any questions you have, we all get to learn!

@Blew Hiller the worms are getting busy here in Stankville! I mixed the soil in the active bin and there are worms everywhere....but man it stinks when you start moving that soil. I don't smell anything if I take the lid and smell....but man if i mix the soil around it is freaking rancid! I about lost the cookies the other day LOL. I had to make a sprint for the kitchen sink.

Pretty little squat plant!!! I put my auto in the final pot from start to finish. Fabric pot so that it air prunes .....so therefore doesn't get rootbound. It's not even showin roots out the bottom or sides yet. But getting big. Day 40.

Yeah thats what I did with the Jack Herer Auto. Started her in an 8 gallon smart pot......all my plants end up in smart pots as their final home.

I've also seen similar people's autos do the same. As soon as roots filled up the flipped into kickin pistils.....the ones in bigger pots (more root room) took longer to fill with roots.....stayed in veg mode longer and got better yields. Now Rifleman grows autos in hydro and he destroys it!!!!! Happy Monday to y'all!! :rollit::volcano-smiley:I love sharing info don't you!!??
I heard Rifleman does some great work with Autos....but haven't made it over to any of his stuff. We usually grow photos but we don't discriminate!

A lot of sativa leaning plants will outgrow a space that size. One way to fight that is to grow them no mercy style or 12/12 from seed. With a sativa it may even be better to do 11/13 from seed. This way it will start to flower as soon as it is mature enough. I see a lot of people that will flower out sativa clones maybe a week after they transplant them into soil after they root. You would still want to top the plant and train it as best you can but with your space being 2x2 you are limited by width as well as height.
Yeah I would be very cautious of trying to grow many sativas in that small of a grow space. Hell I am afraid of some of the Sativas in my 6.5' tall tent

Honestly, Amy, when we peeked in on her before lights out last night she looked as she does every day. Happy, healthy and perky!! She might give Van a challenge as I'm not so sure she will slow her roll like he wants her to LOL.
LOL....the story of my life....failing to get the ladies in my life to do what I want them to do! Vigorously growing plants....a troubling problem to have for sure!

Lady G....only one rule in here, no personal attacks on other members. Aside from that....we run an open thread on this journal. If you have a question....ask it. I know we can move fast but we have a lot of variety of growers here that can answer almost anything that gets asked.

So please feel free to ask about strains, or training, or whatever. I learn additional things by researching to answer questions or from reading input from the other great members her. No need to apologize for any 'derailing', any canna talk is always welcome!
Thanks! I'm really very interested in your training. Next grow I want to do that! Thanks for posting the pics as you go! Awesome!

Thank Lady G! I am all over the place with my training. I am trying to get better at keeping an open mind about what I want to do with a plant from a training perspective. I am trying to be better at looking and listening to what the plant is showing me....instead of going into it with an image in my head and the plant not having any part of it.

As I do different things on different strains....I get ideas that pop in. Its just a case of matching the idea with the way a particular plant shows me she wants to grow.

Its just a case of matching the idea with the way a particular plant shows me she wants to grow.

The true art of Bonsai......

Northern Lights Veg Day 45

As requested by @Amy Gardner, the update of Northern Lights after chopping her tops yesterday.

The plant had 8 mains around the outside of the plant in a circle, with 2 mains in the middle with 4 side branches. My plan was to top all 10 mains for 20 mains (16 on the outside in a circle with 4 mains) and 8 side branches in the middle.

In the past, when I do this sort of mass topping, the plant shows me it wasn't happy about what I did to it. That certainly hasn't been the case with this girl. She took it like a champ and didn't even blink Strong plant for sure.

So this is what she is looking like less than 24 hours after lopping all her tops off. She is getting a big drink of ACT today as well.

And these are a few of the newly topped mains....

And as they get tall enough for me to spread with 'C' rings/clips.....I do this

Northern Lights Veg Day 45
As requested by @Amy Gardner, the update of Northern Lights after chopping her tops yesterday.
The plant had 8 mains around the outside of the plant in a circle, with 2 mains in the middle with 4 side branches. My plan was to top all 10 mains for 20 mains (16 on the outside in a circle with 4 mains) and 8 side branches in the middle.
In the past, when I do this sort of mass topping, the plant shows me it wasn't happy about what I did to it. That certainly hasn't been the case with this girl. She took it like a champ and didn't even blink Strong plant for sure.
So this is what she is looking like less than 24 hours after lopping all her tops off. She is getting a big drink of ACT today as well.
Wow! Did not miss a beat :).

Dude, she looked like this 4 hours after the toppings, 8 hours after the topping and now about 20 hours she still looks the exact same. She didn't even blink. As a matter of fact, I though I heard a plant whisper that sounded like "is that all you got chump....?"

Wow, she is a perfect specimen of a happy healthy plant.

You should consider putting that picture in the plant of the month contest.

No burning, no curling, great color......

Jack Herer Auto Day 67, Day 18 with Hairs

This girl, as frustrating as she can be with her inability to look happy, continues to roll along. The buds aren't forming as fast as I thought they would be but not familiar with autos so I have no baseline to compare to.

She got a gallon of ACT on Saturday and I continue to try to defoliate her every time I pull her out of the tent. Seems like that's a losing battle. I am going to give her a couple more days and I will do a massive shearing on her.

Not getting a lot of scent from her yet.

Here she is under natural light.....I was going to do the whole update in the living room, but the landlord decided to fix something on our side of the house so I had to move it back into the tent LOL.

And back in the tent.

Hey Van! That northern lights just obscured those topping sites with the next shoots like it’s been waiting for you to do that! Finally those next shoots have room ;) it’s gonna be a beauty - so healthy looking.

I know the JH auto hasn’t really ever stood to attention the way you like, but it’s an impressive run on any auto right there!
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom