Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

When dogs don’t want to go outside, there’s your sign to stay indoors with them. Lol
We don't know why but our male dog wont go outside in less my wife and I both go out with him. He used to not want to come in, He wanted to stay out but now its a struggle to get him to go out

Hey Stanks! I had a quick question about your afghani’s, do you remember off hand about how many days they went before you chopped? I’m also wondering if you let it get amber? Just cloudy? Any little nuggets of advice for me? I appreciate it, hope you all are doing well. :)

We're still alive.....almost out of trim prison! Just One More Plant!! Trim Jail is for reals YO!!!
I found dry trimming tends to be much easier on me physically. 58% rh and it’s not that bad. I’m going to try a trim brush on dry buds once I harvest this current run. I’ll post my findings.
I picked up one of those bowl trimmers a couple of years ago and absolutely LOVE it! :green_heart:
It paid for itself in the first harvest, IMHO. I just trim the fan leaves, dump a couple oz's at-a-time into the trimmer, and give it about 30 turns. It takes all of a minute to trim two z's! In addition to the time savings, I find I'm also keeping buds that used to end up in the trim pile simply because they were too small to trim by hand, but since it's easy enough to just cut them off the branches and run them through the trimmer, if they don't fall through the grate, they end up in a nug jar.

I did a post on it here: Tales From The Krip!

I’ve used that same bowl trimmer on buds dried in a refrigerator and it worked great.
I have thought about getting one. I usually just cut the fans and any sugars that are sticking way out from the bud but I leave most sugars on. I may invest in one in the future. I can see it would have better bag appeal trimmed like that. And I could keep what's cut off for making caps and edibles etc.

Hey Stanks! I had a quick question about your afghani’s, do you remember off hand about how many days they went before you chopped? I’m also wondering if you let it get amber? Just cloudy? Any little nuggets of advice for me? I appreciate it, hope you all are doing well. :)
Hey HH, we are doing great...thanks!

Ok, so harvests and harvest times for the Stanks. I am not really a trichome watcher. I know there are a lot of people that look at them, but I really don't. I let the plant tell me when she's done and mainly thats done through the water uptake. When they stop drinking, they are done. If they are still drinking at a high rate, they are still gonna mature and bulk up.

As for the days on our Afghani....well its an indica and tend to let indicas go as long as possible relative to drinking. Even when they slow down drinking, I might let it go a few more days since I want my indicas as narcotic as possible. If I am not mistaken I have taken this cut of the Afghani at 64, 62 and 61 days respectively.

Hey all! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

We have some harvest results to post from our recent bout in trim prison. The numbers on these last few plants have been seriously impressive for us. Here's what we have from the last 4 plants

Durban - 155 grams from a 5 gallon
Alien OG - 143 grams from a 5 gallon
Sour Cherries - 187 grams from a 5 gallon
Labyrinth - 225 grams from a 5 gallon :oops:

Yep.....thats a new yield record for us from a 5 gallon. 7+ ounces from a 5 gallon pot......those are some seriously good numbers. Thats 45 grams per gallon of soil....easily the highest I have hit from ANY size pot. 38 grams per gallon was my previous best and that was either off the Tangie Ghost Train Haze or the Black Cherry Punch but I can't remember.

I don't know how much of this increased yield is due to the correction in our soil cook temps and how much might be attributed to the warmer basement temps...I'm sure both have played a part in these increases. Whatever it is....I am more than thrilled.

And I totaled up the tent total for this run of plants as well. We had 6 plants going in the 5x5 with the Fluence Spydrx Plus, all of them in 5 gallon pots. Total yield off those 6 plants was just over 1000 grams (1003) which comes out to 35.4 ounces, or just under 2 lbs. Very very pleased with those numbers. Definitely no reason to move up to bigger pots with the yields being this high in 5 gallon pots!

Hey all! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

We have some harvest results to post from our recent bout in trim prison. The numbers on these last few plants have been seriously impressive for us. Here's what we have from the last 4 plants

Durban - 155 grams from a 5 gallon
Alien OG - 143 grams from a 5 gallon
Sour Cherries - 187 grams from a 5 gallon
Labyrinth - 225 grams from a 5 gallon :oops:

Yep.....thats a new yield record for us from a 5 gallon. 7+ ounces from a 5 gallon pot......those are some seriously good numbers. Thats 45 grams per gallon of soil....easily the highest I have hit from ANY size pot. 38 grams per gallon was my previous best and that was either off the Tangie Ghost Train Haze or the Black Cherry Punch but I can't remember.

I don't know how much of this increased yield is due to the correction in our soil cook temps and how much might be attributed to the warmer basement temps...I'm sure both have played a part in these increases. Whatever it is....I am more than thrilled.

And I totaled up the tent total for this run of plants as well. We had 6 plants going in the 5x5 with the Fluence Spydrx Plus, all of them in 5 gallon pots. Total yield off those 6 plants was just over 1000 grams (1003) which comes out to 35.4 ounces, or just under 2 lbs. Very very pleased with those numbers. Definitely no reason to move up to bigger pots with the yields being this high in 5 gallon pots!
Love to see the 5 gal put out like that! Nice work!

Sour Cherries (Crockett Family Farms)

This girl has just become absolutely stunning. Its difficult to get a picture of her on the deck (short of going up on the roof, which I plan on doing at some point) but I thought this one was a decent shot. That's ol' Stank back there hiding behind her. Kind of gives you a bit of perspective for size. She's right at 6' across and is standing about 5.5' tall. She is a massive but incredibly symmetrical girl! I will find a way to capture a proper overhead shot (Perhaps with the dogs in it for scale) of this beauty. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she flowers out in the cooler night time fall temps. I'm expecting some remarkable reds from her.

Make sure to take note of the size of the stem on her. Her trunk is amazing. I am always tempted to take a peek at her root system but I know better LOL. I know its hard to really gauge the size of her trunk in a pic, but it's massive. Oh yeah, she was the one that hardly moved when that tropical storm rolled through here. She is stout, Stout, STOUT!!!!!

Sour Cherries (Crockett Family Farms)

This girl has just become absolutely stunning. Its difficult to get a picture of her on the deck (short of going up on the roof, which I plan on doing at some point) but I thought this one was a decent shot. That's ol' Stank back there hiding behind her. Kind of gives you a bit of perspective for size. She's right at 6' across and is standing about 5.5' tall. She is a massive but incredibly symmetrical girl! I will find a way to capture a proper overhead shot (Perhaps with the dogs in it for scale) of this beauty. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she flowers out in the cooler night time fall temps. I'm expecting some remarkable reds from her.

Make sure to take note of the size of the stem on her. Her trunk is amazing. I am always tempted to take a peek at her root system but I know better LOL. I know its hard to really gauge the size of her trunk in a pic, but it's massive. Oh yeah, she was the one that hardly moved when that tropical storm rolled through here. She is stout, Stout, STOUT!!!!!

Jeez, just look at that base..gonna be some big produce :passitleft:

Awesome all around, again! Great harvests and wonderful outdoor jungle in pots you have :D

Definitely no reason to move up to bigger pots with the yields being this high in 5 gallon pots!
I’m glad to see you also Having success at this size. I now Graytail uses 6gal pot a lot. I’m in the process of trying various sizes to find a smaller pot that can work for me. I’ve been hoping for 5gal so this is very good news! Granted, I don’t have your soil and a Fluence light, but my LED build is pretty patient and teh new super soil I’ve bought seems pretty good, so I have confidence in the potential.
the light puts out 660 watts..
Ok - so is that what it draws from the wall? Or are you factoring in driver efficiency loss? “Puts out” makes me think the latter - if so I’d be curious what your drawing from the wall.

That suggests you’re running about 25-26watts per sq ft. And getting super yields. Pretty awesome.

That's ol' Stank back there hiding behind her.
She is a massive but incredibly symmetrical girl!
:eek:
Oh Wait, you’re talking about the plant! :hmmmm: :laughtwo:

Awesome all around, again! Great harvests and wonderful outdoor jungle in pots you have :D

I’m glad to see you also Having success at this size. I now Graytail uses 6gal pot a lot. I’m in the process of trying various sizes to find a smaller pot that can work for me. I’ve been hoping for 5gal so this is very good news! Granted, I don’t have your soil and a Fluence light, but my LED build is pretty patient and teh new super soil I’ve bought seems pretty good, so I have confidence in the potential.

Ok - so is that what it draws from the wall? Or are you factoring in driver efficiency loss? “Puts out” makes me think the latter - if so I’d be curious what your drawing from the wall.

That suggests you’re running about 25-26watts per sq ft. And getting super yields. Pretty awesome.

:eek:
Oh Wait, you’re talking about the plant! :hmmmm: :laughtwo:

Thanks Amy!!

Yeah I thrilled to be getting these yields from that size pot. So much easier to handle and much better for the back than 10s and 15s. I have mostly 7s and 8s going under the Next Light Mega in Flower Tent 2, so I will get a decent idea on yield comparisons as it relates to grams per gallon. Previously I was only hitting the ounce per gallon in bigger pots, so I didn't know if it was really possible, but averaging it in 6 plants shows not only is it possible, but much higher numbers were possible as well.

They manufacturer simply says (660 watts), so I can't tell if thats from the wall or post driver loss. So assuming its putting out 660 watts, yes that breaks down to 26 watts per square foot. I know there are people that recommend more, but I'm more than happy with running at this wattage range..

LOL...and yes, I was talking about the girl plant. Thats Mr Stank behind plant....lol. Probably wouldn't have seen a head or anything if it was Ms Stank back there!

Gorgeous plant Van

Thanks Penny, I appreciate it brother.....I think so too.

Wow Beautiful Van . You have to put that one up for POTM
Hey PC, thanks bud! You know, it was last week I was chatting with Ms Stank about the girls out back and I told her that I think I finally had my selection. Originally I thought maybe it was going to be the Jack, but the Sour Cherries just grew so perfectly she just kind of emerged as my no brainer choice. Not to mention I remember how beautiful she flowered out the first time I grew her in the basement last winter. Those cooler basement temps brought out some incredible colors, so I am expecting some gorgeous colors on this one with our fall temps getting down in the low 40s and upper 30s near the end of flowering. But yes, I agree......she is going to be going up for POTM at some point this year.

know there are people that recommend more, but I'm more than happy with running at this wattage range..
:thumb: New LED rigs seem to break that mould more and more often. I am currently winding mine back after aiming for 35w/sq ft and discovering over time that my DIY rig doesn’t need to run that high to be really good.

Back
Top Bottom