Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Well we know what Chris is having for SuperBowl Sunday....what about anyone else. I know we have some other foodies out there!

I think we are going kinda simpler this year. We always have way too much food for just Ms Stank and me. We got some of the classics; veggies and dip, cheese and crackers and pepperoni, sweet and sour kielbasa, a charleston cheese-dip, and Chips. And then I am going to do something with jumbo lump crab....maybe try some in a side dish of the charleston cheese-dip, maybe a crab quesadilla, and possibly some crab cakes. I love seafood, but I can really get carried away wanting 4 or 5 different things and we are right back in the same situation stated in the 2nd sentence LOL. And I always swear not to do it again next year just because I planned the menu after smoking a bowl :rofl:

See, here I am with the wheels turning thinking about shrimp dishes and scallop dishes when I already know that there are gonna be hell of leftovers from the above menu. Go water the plants and stop thinking about food Stank!

By the way, Sour Cherries was the choice for this my first smoke of the day and it was a great choice. Its a very very nice smoking strain. Flavors are improving (great already on the testers) from a couple weeks in the jars. Definitely get a nice pine aftertaste in her after the sour and the cherry tones have faded.

I highly recommend that you all check out Crockett Family Farms. They were the breeder on this and everything I have tried from them has been excellent, both in resin production and in flavors/terps. The highs are very nice as well. Check em out the next time you are looking for seeds....I don't think you will be disappointed.

Will have some pics after I finish the watering. Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

I'm all in for Crab, scallops and shrimp

Screw my brisket....I want seafood

Lol
Now you are just going to have to add that to your Sunday menu, I think Kroger is having a sale on shrimp right now Lol

Well we know what Chris is having for SuperBowl Sunday....what about anyone else. I know we have some other foodies out there!

I think we are going kinda simpler this year. We always have way too much food for just Ms Stank and me. We got some of the classics; veggies and dip, cheese and crackers and pepperoni, sweet and sour kielbasa, a charleston cheese-dip, and Chips. And then I am going to do something with jumbo lump crab....maybe try some in a side dish of the charleston cheese-dip, maybe a crab quesadilla, and possibly some crab cakes. I love seafood, but I can really get carried away wanting 4 or 5 different things and we are right back in the same situation stated in the 2nd sentence LOL. And I always swear not to do it again next year just because I planned the menu after smoking a bowl :rofl:

See, here I am with the wheels turning thinking about shrimp dishes and scallop dishes when I already know that there are gonna be hell of leftovers from the above menu. Go water the plants and stop thinking about food Stank!

By the way, Sour Cherries was the choice for this my first smoke of the day and it was a great choice. Its a very very nice smoking strain. Flavors are improving (great already on the testers) from a couple weeks in the jars. Definitely get a nice pine aftertaste in her after the sour and the cherry tones have faded.

I highly recommend that you all check out Crockett Family Farms. They were the breeder on this and everything I have tried from them has been excellent, both in resin production and in flavors/terps. The highs are very nice as well. Check em out the next time you are looking for seeds....I don't think you will be disappointed.

Will have some pics after I finish the watering. Hope everyone is having a great Friday!
Never ran any Crockett gear but a friend made some seeds using a golden lemons male he hunted. He made a dozen or so crosses and gave me a couple to test out. Golden lemons x dosidos and golden lemons x blue sherbert can’t wait to get them poppin
Here’s what he was calling dos lemons the dosidos cross. he popped ten to test and found this
906546EE-D52E-4995-A3E2-E9053D869238.jpeg

Evening everyone. Took me a bit longer than I thought it would to get the pics uploaded and everything done. Did a good watering of everything in Flower Tent 1 and a few of the veg girls. Did the topping and defoliation on the Balls Deep girls, and got them looking like wet cats lol. Also finished trimming the Black Widow off her stems and into the burping bags to see where their RH is currently setting. Gotta do the Zkittles still but I am have run out of steam. There is always tomorrow!

Anyways, here are some pics from the ladies. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Mimosa (Clone) - Symbiotic Genetics - Flip Day 28

She is in dire need of a hair cut. I have been neglecting my leaf removal as I have been battling the PM and it shows on this girl. She is a thick mess down low and needs some attention soon. She got about 3/4 gallon of water today. She's starting to develop a thick sweet citrus scent mixed with fruit punch which I oddly find reminding me of mimosas.

Purple Orange CBD (Fem) - Dinafem - Flip Day 43

This plant continues to impress. She is still stout as can be and has shown no signs of PM on her since her initial spraying of Serenade. We got the sulfur burner in a couple days ago and will likely do the sulfur burn on Monday or Tuesday. She got a gallon of water today after her picture session. She got a nice citrus scent to her as well....mild but very nice.

Slurricane (Fem) - In-House Genetics - Flower Day 63

Well....if I was disappointed in any of the strains in our tent currently, it would be the Slurricane in flower. Her buds are very small and she never swelled. I am going to give her another week or so and see if she decides to bulk up. The smells are nice and sweet but the yield is going to be extremely low if something doesn't change drastically. If the smoke is great, I won't mind the lower yield. I had great hope for her in the yield department based on her structure, but talk about disappointing. She's still a nice looking lady plant.

Balls Deep (Regs) - Stank Genetics - Veg Day 51

For anyone joining us late or not paying attention the last week or so, this is our latest cross we made. She was made from our stress tested DTF girl which we hit with a very resilient 9 LB Hammer male. So Balls Deep is DTF x 9 LB Hammer.

Took some before and after shots of these ladies and their toppings and hair cuts. As stated before, I am growing all three in the same pot and will continue throughout flower. One lesson I learned with growing multiples in the same pot is being careful to top the plant when the nodes are shooting the directions you want them to go. I also learned to pay attention to those nodes when you plant them in the pot so they will be in the optimal position so that the mains don't all grow into each other. I think this go around will turn out better than the Stank Surprise run we just finished up.

As you can see, they have very large leaves relative to their sizes. The tallest of the plants is 20" from the top of the soil with the other two at 18" and 17". Probably the largest fan leaves relative to size of any strain I have run. It kind of stung to remove all those big beautiful leaves but it needed to be done to get light to the lower shoots. Gonna just train them out a bit before letting them go vertical.

Here they are after they trimming and topping....

Love that Ms. Stank came up with Balls Deep :laugh: . Noticed you aren't lollipopping your plant's anymore ? At least some. Any reason? My Sensi Hindu kush came in and is about cured out digging her. Took 2 clones of her down the other day. Made some Hk hash(Larfer flowers) which i am currently smoking with hindu flower atm pretty pleased. Will say the hk likes to fall over herself and yeah tying/staking that b is a must. She is probably the most prehistoric looking plant i have run so far.

Back
Top Bottom