Stardawg17, Hempy, SIP, Clones, Seeds, Indoors & Out - 2023 Circus 1

Congrats on the clones rooting Stardawg:high-five:
Thanks GG. I think I actually saw some roots on the purple queen clones.
Clones are looking good and I'm surprised about the DBL CBG. @cbdhemp808 just had a whole bunch grow tails in paper towel here.
Thanks Shed! I'll probably drop a couple more seeds next week. Weird thing is they had tails when I put them in coco.

16 out of 19 seeds now in 2" pots! Most already up and going!
I'll need to check out your grow. My struggles with seeds are legendary.

I'll need to check out your grow. My struggles with seeds are legendary.
I'm just doing the traditional paper towel thing, which is totally good for fresh seed. I soak for about 24 hrs in a small container of distilled water. My paper towel is 4 layers... 2 layers folded over, creating a "hinge". I dump the seeds and soak water into a mesh tea strainer. Using tweezers, I tuck the seed in the paper towel, and then wet the paper towel with a squirt bottle of distilled water. Not too wet, not too dry, just right. The paper towel is in a small rectangular pyrex container with a plastic lid, and placed into a dark cupboard. If the seed is fresh, tails appear in 2 days or less. By 3 days, all seeds that are going to get tails will have tails. I'm in Hawaii, so the temperature in the cupboard is around 75°F, or a bit more. At night, it could dip to 70° or a bit lower.

For old seed, I don't have a good way yet to sprout them. I hear that providing enough heat, and using some peroxide, can help. It seems that aloe gel would help, too.

Having the correct temps fixes 87.3% of germination problems!
My experience is that fresh seed is just no problem at all, especially with my ambient temps. It's the old seed that I have trouble with. But then again, if seed gets too old, there's just too much DNA damage for it to work.

16 out of 19 seeds now in 2" pots! Most already up and going!
Today they are already almost tall enough to transfer to 1 gal pots. They are perfectly uniform, all the same height, and with tiny first true leaves. I'll take pictures tomorrow, and post in my thread HERE. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with 16 CBG plants! I may contact the company to see if there are known phenos, and what the characteristics are.

Today they are already almost tall enough to transfer to 1 gal pots. They are perfectly uniform, all the same height, and with tiny first true leaves. I'll take pictures tomorrow, and post in my thread HERE. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with 16 CBG plants! I may contact the company to see if there are known phenos, and what the characteristics are.
I just took a peek at your page...noice :thumb:

The Amnesia Lemon is well on it's way.
eWzF3HsY0aoQAF37LR4oXAB_Jg=w668-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

kIDKoFUTgQmY5yAuGEGQM7b5Nw=w668-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

I'm going to be away the next few days so I moved her into the self-watering system.
El2A92G9NQ775TVCK2by2_dEg=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

nklvOU1uExYuqg7eO_TT2bEZxA=w668-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

I added a gallon of RO water to the reservoir.
I also dropped 4 more DBL seeds in water tonight and tomorrow they will go into the self watering system before I leave town.

Hopefully they all survive the weekend in my absence.

Noice back attcha my friend. Will be nice to compare adult DBLs. :ciao:
Yuppers...look what I came home to tonight...perhaps the Mrs. should be in charge of seeds from now on :laugh:

Zy39VC7WOLOPBIo-u8owkqGgA=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

I just checked again and that middle top is definitely above ground now and the one below it currently looks like that one does in the pic. I think I've found my seed sprouting method.

Nice roots, and have a great and safe trip!

How about these from PQ1.1

TKTKwsI7r-cf7SNY5Hs4ZPzMQ=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

Things are looking bright in the starter tent 😎
0m0OhprCgNFB6Sg5Eys8tKlQxQ=w668-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

Now I just need to figure out where to put the mothers until the main tent opens up. It's gonna be a few more weeks as that'll be my drying box for the current grow :hmmmm:

I think I've found my seed sprouting method.
Yeah, get outta town! :welldone:
How about these from PQ1.1
More beauties. :)
I've got 14 now in 1 gal pots. I asked the breeder about phenotypes, and they said a small percentage can be autos.
That's odd because Ventura Seed Co who have the Le Creme CBG say that 20% are autos (same CBG percentage), and because of that they give you 30% more seeds than you order. There must be a high CBG auto flower that everyone is using for breeding purposes!

I planted two and got one auto. :)

OK...life has been pretty crazy and I've made what feels like pretty significant changes in the mother tent, although it doesn't really look much different. Unfortunately, I didn't take any before and after photos. However, I swapped out the 23.3" x 13.5" wire rack for 2 24" X12" plastic shelves. Somehow I managed to cram both them into the tent and that gives me 2 good levels to work with covering the entire 2' X 2' area. I still have the clones on top and the seedlings on the bottom.

7u-rAkG_B5hM6Bg5JAgQGcmPaw=w668-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

As you can see above the clones are now under the Mars Hydro TS 600 LED Grow Light dropping about 27K lux by my meter.

The seedlings are not looking well.

4tNPBFZOhu2EYEPpwhdKwblOA=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

The DBLs are very leggy and I'm afraid may be damping off. I put some stakes in their cells and tied 'em up with pipe cleaners. Tomorrow MUST be transplant day. I spritzed them w/ some H202 to hopefully get me through to tomorrow when they all go to new homes.

I'll be playing a musical chairs so to speak. NL 3.1 and PQ 2.1 will become mothers and will be moved to their permanent homes. Their roots are currently a couple of inches outside the net pots and looking good. This will open up space for the Amnesia Lemon and 1 DBL seedling in the bubbler. One of the other DBL seedlings will become a mother and will go into a 3" square pot. The last 2 DBLs will go into mini-SIPs and will grow on my work table until they can go outside.

a2jvG5Wxjn1zDH1HSh2DO1XsA=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

HgKUsprziS7zGTL4Jqwk3Lw42w=w668-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

7TdjJG5mRF3dinN0Hrbs_9cvgA=w668-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

Not the greatest craftsmanship but they should get the job done :)

Hopefully the soil they recommended up at the Indoor Earthworm does the job too.
1fJzsfk0NWXpXjw72lLdWROUeQ=w668-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

The wicking foot is a 3"x3" seedling pot packed with coarse perlite. When the res is full about the bottom 2 cm of the wick is submerged. I mixed up a quart of Dyna-Gro nutes and the mini-SIPs are acclimating. It'll be interesting to see how much gets pulled up into the soil.
NTFyNI306Ktv0cBLRUYZQu3vw=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

If the seedling don't survive it'll be OK. I feel much more confident starting them now and I think I have a pretty good handle on the environment. I'll probably harvest this weekend and then hang the plants for a week in the production tent. So, I should have plenty of time if I do need to hit the reset button. Keeping the clones at bay in the bubbler may become the bigger challenge ;)

You built a nice duplex in there!
The seedlings are not looking well.
Damn, I would have planted those the second they broke the surface. Doing that solves the watering issue and prevents overwatering and damping off. It's much easier to water around the edge of a solo cup and avoid the plug in the middle. That keeps the tap root watered but the stem dry.

The wicking foot is a 3"x3" seedling pot packed with coarse perlite. When the res is full about the bottom 2 cm of the wick is submerged. I mixed up a quart of Dyna-Gro nutes and the mini-SIPs are acclimating. It'll be interesting to see how much gets pulled up into the soil.
Isn't that a SWICK? I thought a SIP has soil continue down into the res as the wick.

You built a nice duplex in there!
Thanks Shed! I'm trying to honor the Dutch with my use of vertical space to go along with the buckets:D
Damn, I would have planted those the second they broke the surface. Doing that solves the watering issue and prevents overwatering and damping off. It's much easier to water around the edge of a solo cup and avoid the plug in the middle. That keeps the tap root watered but the stem dry.
Yeah...I kinda rushed things and started before I had the environment ready. Although FAIL is the first attempt in learning so it's a good thing I've been grabbed to learn and adapt.
Isn't that a SWICK? I thought a SIP has soil continue down into the res as the wick.
I was waiting for someone to call me out on that :p

The final home will be true SIPs. If it all comes together they'll have been bottom watered seed to harvest.
Hmmmm. Not sure how I missed the start of another SIP grow, but I'm here now! :popcorn:
I've been keeping it on the down low until I get things in better order. But, I'm glad you're here and :welcome:

24 hours later...

PQ 2.1 didn't like having her roots pinched. I tried to move her to a different slot in the bubbler but I guess it's a smaller hole. Some of the roots got squeezed when I put her back into her original spot and then didn't notice some of her roots flopped out before I put the lid back on :rolleyes: Guess you really can't put the genie back in the bottle o_O
YVhRzdiaTd9Mna0zlzA2g0WD9w=w668-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

Everyone else in the upper room looks pretty happy...
p7nnR_yY-lcnU5nunFsL3O9-Q=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

And the downstairs apartment too. DBL2 is reaching for that light :)
FPdtxno6d-V8JImA5D-QT_GyA=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

I had to to make an adjustment to one of the mini-SWICKs. You can see DBL4 is much drier than DBL3. So I broke out the hot glue gun and drill to patch the overflows and make new ones higher up.
BqPLug0JKH8hfMCwyE1uxbG_Q=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

We'll have to wait and see what tomorrow brings :Namaste:

PQ 2.1 didn't like having her roots pinched. I tried to move her to a different slot in the bubbler but I guess it's a smaller hole. Some of the roots got squeezed when I put her back into her original spot and then didn't notice some of her roots flopped out before I put the lid back on
If that were mine I'd see if I could rig up a way to cut the light intensity while it recovers. Maybe build it a rectangular box made of copy paper to give the roots a chance to recover without having to do too much photosynthesis. It will probably recover fine but I'd err on the side of caution.
the downstairs apartment
LOL!
We'll have to wait and see what tomorrow brings
We will indeed. :slide:

I'm pretty sure DBL 2 isn't going to make it and PQ 1.2 is not looking likely either. Not sure what's up with 2.1 and NL 2.2. They have roots in the reservoir but just don't appear to be doing anything. So, Today I dropped 3 new seeds.

0qqd1PEYUa7fblYlOmn4iR6tw=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

Now that I've got the environment all setup in the starter tent I feel like I should be able to fully test my process now...very excited :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom