Step By Step Blueberry & Northern Lights Autos By Farside

Hey Farside, everything's looking great. I have a question, have you ever made an ointment or pain relieving cream before? If so do you use dried leaves/buds or fresh off the plant?

I'm interested in making a cream if I have any left overs. From my current grow.

I have made a lotion using a high CBD strain, decarboxolated for CBD. I got the recipe from Magical Butters website. It uses Emu Oil and Turmeric and a couple other ingredients. It wasn't cheap buying all the things that go in it. About $60 US and that doesn't include your weed. I used dried lower fluffier bud to make it. It does not smell good but it is effective according to my friend with rheumetoid arthritis. It is also quite yellow because of the turmeric. Put it on, let it soak in, then wipe away any excess. It does not seem to stain the skin despite being very yellow. It takes very little so a 16oz net yield will last a long time.

Sorry, got here late and just read the whole thread to date. I'm a first time grower and have Blueberry autos on the go so I went searching and found this one. Amazing production. Congrats!

I'm subbed if just to watch the cleaning and drying process. You will be journaling that, yes????

I suppose since I went this far I should show harvesting. I don't do anything special. I do not wash my bud. I've never had an insect problem, so I don't worry about bug poo on my bud. Also I've never had to apply any insecticide to them that I would want to wash off. In the absence of those two things, I only see washing bud as a way to introduce extra moisture that could lead to bud rot. Basically all I do is pinch off all the fan leaves, chop of a branch, trim up the small leaves with scissors, then hang it upside down to dry. When the thin branches snap cleanly in half (normally about 5-7 days with temps in the mid 70's and 55% humidity), I'll cut the bud from the branches and transfer to mason jars. I'll burp the jars once or twice a day for a couple days until I think I have the remaining moisture in the bud where I want it.

I suppose since I went this far I should show harvesting. I don't do anything special. I do not wash my bud. I've never had an insect problem, so I don't worry about bug poo on my bud. Also I've never had to apply any insecticide to them that I would want to wash off. In the absence of those two things, I only see washing bud as a way to introduce extra moisture that could lead to bud rot. Basically all I do is pinch off all the fan leaves, chop of a branch, trim up the small leaves with scissors, then hang it upside down to dry. When the thin branches snap cleanly in half (normally about 5-7 days with temps in the mid 70's and 55% humidity), I'll cut the bud from the branches and transfer to mason jars. I'll burp the jars once or twice a day for a couple days until I think I have the remaining moisture in the bud where I want it.
I do pretty much the same way farside, its how i always dried my outdoor plants also and ive never had any problems with the drying and curing process, i have never done a long cure on my outdoor plants though only a couple weeks but im going to cure longer on these girls, my first ww i harvested almost 2 weeks ago is alot better now than it was when i first jared it up and smells alot better also, its amazing how much the curing process helps.✌

Thanks for outlining your process for us Farside. How long do you burp the jars? Half hour or less?

5-10 minutes. I may rearrange the buds if the jar is pretty full just to avoid damp spots and to keep the moisture consistent.

Day 71 - playing the waiting game for NL2 and BB2. They got a gallon of week 2 feed. BB1 is taking her sweet ass time and her hairs are still mostly white and haven't begun to receed much. She got a little different blend of food this time around and I may try a grow using it in lieu of my current bloom regiment. It looks like this, 1 tsp Foliage Pro, 1/2 tsp Pro-Tekt, 1/4 tsp Mag Pro.

NL2
IMG_20170708_230051.jpg

BB1
IMG_20170708_230024.jpg

BB2
IMG_20170708_230118.jpg

Tent
IMG_20170708_212429.jpg

Some great looking buds mate:thumb:
Only after 2 weeks curing my baby boom it's gone from a effect that I wasn't real keen on(very confused effect) to a pretty clear relaxing effect.I can't wait to see how it is in another 2 weeks:)

Glad you have something you are happy with. It makes all the blood sweat and tears worthwhile. NL1 will get to cure till the end of the month before I sample her. I've got some other strains in inventory that's been curing over a year.

Only after 2 weeks curing my baby boom it's gone from a effect that I wasn't real keen on(very confused effect) to a pretty clear relaxing effect.I can't wait to see how it is in another 2 weeks:)

THIS! This is why I'm so confused when posters say "take a piece off, quick dry, and smoke it to see if it's harvest time." Curing changes the effects so what good would early testing do?

THIS! This is why I'm so confused when posters say "take a piece off, quick dry, and smoke it to see if it's harvest time." Curing changes the effects so what good would early testing do?

well it made me feel warm and fuzzy that I would have something that was buzzworthy and smokable and not have to wait 8 more weeks.

It just give you a idea of how good it will be after it cures.

It just give you a idea of how good it will be after it cures.

From his quote, I'm not sure that Black Thumbs would agree. Hence my question. As I posted in my journal:

Seems like the only science is to harvest in stages based on the trichomes and curing separately in marked jars, and then finding your favorite ratio after the cure. Going forward you can harvest at that ratio on future grows of that strain.

Obviously if your clean out of dope and need something to smoke, all this goes out the window!

I've been absolutely horrible on keeping up this thread the last three weeks, life keeps getting in the way. Finally cut down BB1 a couple days ago. She took forever to get cloudy with a few ambers. NL2 was a massive disappointment. Her bud foxtailed and was fluffy. Not anything you'd break out to smoke, so she'll all get used for butter. I've sampled BB2 and I'm a fan. Not the strongest I've had, you need to take an additional toke or two to get you to your destination, but she's a smooth mellow smoke with a great body buzz and a nice effect upstairs too. I still haven't weighed out the haul. I'll wait until BB1 goes into jars. I've got 11 jars so far, 5 of those will be butter (all of NL2 and lower bud from NL1 and BB2).

Back
Top Bottom