SteveHman's Advanced LED Diamond Series - Lucy & Sage - Grow 6.0 - NFT

Hey Steve, welcome back!!!! Can't wait to see how your grow is going. I have started my own journal, hopefully I can do it well!? Here is the link if you guys are interested. I will start building the shed either end of this week or beginning of next depending on the weather. Hope you guys come along for the ride!

Here is a quick post-weekend update. I flipped the girls to 12/12. I will be doing my partial res-change tomorrow, I have too much to catch up on today to get to it.

If you look back to the first day of the journal (the 4th) you can compare the growth in the past 10 days. Remember the clones were put into the coco-tek liners (a first for me) and I was waiting for the roots to hit the res before I flipped them. I think they're ready:
DSCN02495.JPG

They've also bushed out enough to get a good base for the stretch. I am hoping the Lucy stretches less than the Sage. The lucy is about 8 inches tall and the sage is about 4 (but much bushier).
DSCN02526.JPG
DSCN02535.JPG
DSCN02545.JPG

The two red-cups in there are the Heavy Duty Fruity Clones (one from A and B). I didn't have 100% confirmation on sex before I put them into Grow 6.5, I am 95% sure A is a girl and B is a male, so the ones in 6.5 are from A. Just want to get 100% confirmation.

I'll be doing my partial res-change tomorrow, time permitting. I'll remove half of the nutes and replace them with the transition mix.

Why 10 day veg? Its going to get crowded real fast, I hope your ready for that explosion of growth. Plants look very healthy by the way.
I typically don't veg at all. This is my first time using the coco-tek liners and I wanted to make sure I had roots penetrating before I flipped them. The Sage should be fine, I am a bit concerned with the Lucy though. I think it will get very crowded in there. I will do some defoliation this week to help keep things under control. I have a feeling these are going to fill in all available space very quickly.

Haven't had a chance to do my res change yet, although I am still a few days away from my every 14 day regimen. I will get to it either tomorrow or Thursday as my schedule permits.

Here are a few pics of the progress (Lucy on the left, Sage on the right):
DSCN02653.JPG

A few of the older leaves are showing symptoms of a def, but I am 99.99% sure that is a vestige of the cloning process, since they were the leaves that had to "give it up" to feed the new root growth. All new growth, both leaves and roots, looks outstanding.

DSCN02643.JPG

I'm seriously considering buying another CO2 system for this space. I only have the one in the tent at the moment. Although, from my past grow, I don't know if the space really needs it.

Just talked with the guys from Advanced LEDs. They are running a special from today until the 15th of December. If you mention my journal they are doing free shipping and free rope ratchets with your order. If you order, make sure to ask for Kyle. Their number is 800-401-6307.

Cut the ugly away to cure your 'def' :hmmmm:

Deficiency in hydro grows is for silly-ass Miss Diagnosis.
That's why I was 99.99% sure it wasn't a def. Just wanted to point out to any one that is new, that this is typical of a clone that had to give up nutes to start new roots. So not a def caused from the hydro setup. I am going to trim off all the ugly and some of the lower stuff as well. Once these start to stretch there will be no room for anything to get light below the canopy.

On the last grow, the Giga-bud canopy was so thick, there wasn't a single spot of light hitting the floor of the space, which is good, no wasted PAR.

That is a beautiful setup. Maybe, I am just too late to a SteveHMan grow, but what are the tomatoes for?

What does 'subbed' mean?

No, I'm the one with the tomatoes. Subbed means you made a post in the thread an will receive email notifications of updates.

@steve - Those look huge on the left what are you going to do?! Will they not dominate the canopy and shade the right hand row?

No, I'm the one with the tomatoes. Subbed means you made a post in the thread an will receive email notifications of updates.

@Steve - Those look huge on the left what are you going to do?! Will they not dominate the canopy and shade the right hand row?
You can turn off email notifications in the User CP, under subscriptions. I had to turn mine off, I am subbed to close to 100 threads.

I am hoping the Sage catches up to the Lucy, other wise it's time to put the screen in there, I have one from back in grow 2.0. I may be able to super-crop and LST if I have to. We'll see.

Cut the ugly away to cure your 'def' :hmmmm:

Deficiency in hydro grows is for silly-ass Miss Diagnosis.

There's a lot of wisdom in those two short lines...

Steve, they are looking good, kinda liking the cloning method to just flip to 12/12 and keepʻer going. And thanks for letting us know about the advanced led deal, i called Kyle today, real cool guy, ordered a DS 200 and when i get that one, i am going to send the 180w back and sub out for another DS200 after reading up your results comparison i think i will be better off with two DS 200 and pretty much all can afford, gonna have to make it work in my 4x4x7 tent. thanks again:high-five::Namaste::thanks:

Steve, they are looking good, kinda liking the cloning method to just flip to 12/12 and keepʻer going. And thanks for letting us know about the advanced led deal, i called Kyle today, real cool guy, ordered a DS 200 and when i get that one, i am going to send the 180w back and sub out for another DS200 after reading up your results comparison i think i will be better off with two DS 200 and pretty much all can afford, gonna have to make it work in my 4x4x7 tent. thanks again:high-five::Namaste::thanks:
A pair of 200s will do well in that tent, it will fill up about 2/3rd of the foot print. When you have extra funds pick up two more later and you'll have what I think is the perfect setup for a 4x4, four 200s. Nice even coverage and penetration and no "weak" spots in the lighting.

Anyone can tell me how to start my own thread, wanted to start one with my newbies, thanks.
Kola,
There's a sticky post at the top of most of the categories. It's pretty easy to start a thread. Take your time though when doing your initial post. It will make or break your success rate in drawing a crowd.

How to Make a Grow Journal

Kola,
There's a sticky post at the top of most of the categories. It's pretty easy to start a thread. Take your time though when doing your initial post. It will make or break your success rate in drawing a crowd.

How to Make a Grow Journal

Thank you very much for all the advice. I started the thread, just going slow being first time and really just looking for feedback to help my growing skills grow.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom