SteveHman's Advanced LED Diamond Series - Lucy & Sage - Grow 6.0 - NFT

tinyurl ?? More good shit to Google. Will it ever end? Hope not :peace:
There are several free tiny URL generators out there that will redirect traffic for free. I use tiny.cc because it creates the shortest URLs, typically 13 characters in total. It is a huge space saver if you have a lengthy or complicated URL you want to send people to, or in this case want to reduce the size of your signature file (1,200 characters max, including BB markup).

I forget if and when they expire, I think it is by last used time, so if a link isn't used for... maybe 30 days or something it disappears.

One of the pluses of using tiny.cc is the links never expire. Here's from their site:
The short links that we provide are never set to expire.
We do not verify, endorse, or otherwise vouch for the contents of an external site linked to Tiny.cc. We are not responsible for the contents of external sites or resources that are redirected by our service. We are not responsible for advertisements, products,

Hey Steve, I can't send messages yet but I am looking for advice. i am new to growing and am going to be providing for 6 patients. I need to get maximum yield out of a 10 x 10 shed but I would love to use LED's. I dont want to hijack your thread but $$$ are about to be spent and I want to make sure I am prepared with all the knowledge. Any comments, advice, warnings, brush offs, or the like are appreciated from you, Maer, OG, Oldmedman, or any of the other knowledgable people on here. Thanks allot.

Maer, yes, Steve mentioned the 40 watt per square foot rule. I am thinking of doing 4 200's over a 3 x 6. Do you think 1 gram per watt or 1/2 lb per light is a realistic hope for my calculations? I am doing hydro, but i was wondering if you guys had any tricks for getting most yield without compromising quality. Going to start in December and will do a journal. Want to have a strong game plan though. Would love to come out of the gates blazing. So reccomendations on nutrients or any other techniques would be great. SOG, SCROG, or anything???????

I guss that is little unclear. 2 3 x 6's in a 10 x 10 room. or it could e 10 x 12. I am building the shed.

are you saying you have two grow tables of 3 x 6?

If you are building a shed give yourself a sink, counter drain and water supply, a place for your RO and storage, double what you think you need. And leave space around your intended grow area for you to walk and tend to each plant, this will be invaluable if you have any problems.

Yield is not based only on wattage, it is based on may things - genetics (most seed banks list yield in g/m2), EXPERIENCE of the grower, environment, nutes, luck to not get hit with any disease or pests....

Some say every stressor put on the plant cumulatively decreases yield. I dont know that I believe that but too many screw ups and those will effect your yield more than any light configuration.

If your looking for stealth I dunno how you could hide anything in a shed... light and heat will leak, if not smell or noise at least. Even in legal states people hide for fear of feds or thieves. I dont know your situation but something to think about.

3x 200s would cover 3X6 like this | | |

Penetration on the 200s is lower than the 400s so keep the plant height low. Movers help with penetration by getting light to the lower shaded leaves.

Steve or anyone out there.....how do you post pics on here????? Thanks :hmmmm:

Go to Gallery in top green bar above. Then on right side, "upload photos", then click browse and find on your comp in the file you store them, click upload, then process. Once processed, hit the camera in our posting windows when you are posting and it shows your "library" of uploaded pics. Just click on what you want to show.

Go to Gallery in top green bar above. Then on right side, "upload photos", then click browse and find on your comp in the file you store them, click upload, then process. Once processed, hit the camera in our posting windows when you are posting and it shows your "library" of uploaded pics. Just click on what you want to show.

Big thanks Bass...thanks for having my back:thanks:

Maer, awesome info brother. I am in a legal state and have enough (barely) space to not be obvious. The shed will also have a steel door entry with deadbolt. I plan on sealing the shed, using a scrubber, and exhausting with a carbon filter. The shed will be insulated as well. Running enough power to the shed was a real problem which is why LEDS make so much sense to me. Power and heat. Bassman, yeah 2 3 x 6 tables is the plan. But that may be a little ambitious. Especially if I need a sink and all that jazz. Any reccomendations on strains. My patients like Amnesia Haze.....good yield???

Do you NEED a sink, no. But the reality of hauling buckets in or out sucks, and cleanliness is KEY with hydro (so I found out the hard way) so you will need to wash, rinse and scrub things more often than u think.

If I were building a shed I might make a waterproof floor with a drain, THAT would make life easy.

At this point I would recommend to everyone to use Dutch master zone from the start as a preventative, but I am a newbie so maybe this is not smart.

Insulation is good, what is your plan for summer heat?

Keep in mind I am using almost as much electric for support equipment as I am for lights. I have 2 centrifugal fans, 2 chillers, 3 pumps, Dehumidifier, 2 circulations fans, hepa filter, res heater (just in case), and AC (for summer). All that on at once is 1800W, then add 760W of light.

My plan for summer heat = AC. But I dont NEED it for another 6 months so that cost can be deferred, Drainage in the floor is a great idea! Done. 1800 watts is allot for support equipment. But aren't you still using 1000's of watts less than a HPS system? Why a Res heater? dont you want the water chilled all the time? What do you use the centrifugal fans for? exhaust? I was planning just one.......maybe that is wrong?

1800watts is a max rating for sizing how many 10A circuits you need. In reality the heater and chiller will never run at the same time.

The heater heats the res in case the temps get so low the res drops below the set point. Chillers have a port on them just for this, the chiller controls the heater so you never have a situation where they are fighting one another.

I used one fan for fresh air intake and one for the carbon scrubber. I dont use one for both because the carbon scrubber cuts down on airflow by half or more.

Most of my equiptment is nessary because of hydro or CO2. Before CO2 i didnt need a DH because I could just circulate more air. Before hydro I didn't need res chillers. (one for NFT and one for cloner)

You should start your thread now and cover the planning, that is what I did with my current grow.

Good idea. I will start my own thread. But i dont want to lose you and Steve as my sounding boards. Oh, What is the Dutch Master Zone? So 1800 is the max rating......Do you think I could just cut in to the main line from a pig tail on the shed or should I run cable out to the shed and put a box on it? And by cutting into it I do not mean splicing. I am going on grid to be as up and up as possible.

I think you can run lines from breakers in your house. The line from the street you mean? I dont think that is a good idea. If you are doing more than plugging an extension cord in I would call someone with the know how. One of the quickest way to bring police to your house is by starting a fire in your grow room.

Zone is a root zone conditioner that keeps any biologicals from growing. I think you could probably shit in your res and zone would keep stuff from growing, but dont try that.

1800 is what I have on one circuit. I have my lights and circulation fans on the other, that one maxes to about 1000. Really I should move a little load from the 1800 to the 1000 but like I said that never gets to 1800 all at once. 1400-1600W is what most people consider safe on a 15A circuit. I said 10 before I meant 15.

Copy that. I have an electrician at my disposal so I got that covered. I was just trying to get a handle on what i needed. But I will leave that to him. No I am not going to the line from the street. At least I dont want to. Dutch Master....got it. Thanks buddy. Ok, I am going to see if I can start my own thread. Is there any way to invite you guys to it?

Just got in from a weekend away. Thanks for all of the help in answering question (Bassman and Maer). I am rarely around on weekends, so I appreciate the assistance.

I agree with the information they provided. I would probably go with a pair of 400s or four 200s per flood table (the 3x6s). I don't think a GPW is unrealistic for an experienced grower (which is my goal for Grow 6.5), it will take you a grow or two to get your strain(s) dialed in to the space and then you will see the results. I would stick with the same strain until you have the system mastered before trying out another strain.

Also, Maer mentioned using Zone from the get-go. Not a bad idea, start off with a weak solution though. Also keep a bottle of hygrozyme around, it is some good stuff.

Once your journal is up, just add a link to your signature block and we'll make our way over to it.

Best of luck!

I would love to build a grow room from scratch

Back
Top Bottom