Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800W Diamond Series - Mulitple Strains - Hempy Grow

Re: Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800w Diamond Series, mulitple strains, hempy grow

A multitasker.....now I know you really like growing more than consuming. I'm in here too, do I need 2 chairs or just one?

Re: Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800w Diamond Series, mulitple strains, hempy grow

Look forward to seeing how the diamond produces. I'm in on both
Me too, This light is amazing. THe girls are loving it so far, all have perked up and are looking very veggie, and they're still just under the blue spectrum. When they get the the full dose I'm sure they will take off. I'll flip them 12/12 next week, just want to give them a little time to adjust and veg out a bit more first.
well put endive.....me too:welldone:

count me in dude, I will be the quite one super stoned in the corner looking above everyone else.

Can I have my same Chair ? ;)
OMM, you always have a reserved front-row seat. You're the Norm Peterson of 420! I have a little brass plate at the bar "reserved for OMM"
:popcorn: Lemme know when you get 5.3 going you over-achiever, you. ;)
Believe me, if I had the room.......

A multitasker.....now I know you really like growing more than consuming. I'm in here too, do I need 2 chairs or just one?
One chair, preferably with a swivel, should be fine.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. The first week will be a little slow. So far it looks like the hempy grow will be kind of boring. Not too much to go wrong, just water them every few days and maybe some foliar feeding.

If there are any hempy growers, please chime in if you see me going sideways on this one.

DSCN00014.JPG

I'm a huge fan of LEDs in general, especially the particular line I use, but every time I look at this pic, well... my pants get tight.

If it performs half as well as it looks like it will, wow!

This is the thread that made me join the 420mag. Been using the advanced 180w for a while and waiting on the 200w diamond series to get to me. Looking forward to watching you get down on this grow.

This is the thread that made me join the 420mag. Been using the advanced 180w for a while and waiting on the 200w diamond series to get to me. Looking forward to watching you get down on this grow.
Welcome to 420mag puffenuff! The better grow forum site. I know from experience. Make yourself at home

:welcome:

Alright, I'm in. Looking forward to awesome results good luck!:cheer:
Thanks S2J,
Things will be a bit boring for the first week, I'll be flipping them 12/12 next week though. Should get more exciting then!

Puffenuff,
I'm glad you made the jump to join 420,this is a great community. I hope the journal doesn't disappoint.

Thanks I am humbled by your kindness...But of course I deserve it! :party::party:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You most certainly do deserve it.....more stories!

Hey Stevehman.

Have you done 60% coco coir, 40% perlite hempy grow before? I'm intersted to see how they perform vs the perlite & vermiculite 3:1 combo. I'm gathering some materials now for the 2L hempy and also was thinking about coco coir too with perlite, since no one around here has Vermiculite and getting it shipped is 3x the cost of the bag due to its size.

Hey Stevehman.

Have you done 60% coco coir, 40% perlite hempy grow before? I'm intersted to see how they perform vs the perlite & vermiculite 3:1 combo. I'm gathering some materials now for the 2L hempy and also was thinking about coco coir too with perlite, since no one around here has Vermiculite and getting it shipped is 3x the cost of the bag due to its size.
Aside from growing my moms in hempy, this is my first attempt at growing them out. I was using coco/perlite/vermiculite 60/30/10. Most of these are in that mix. The 3 darkstars are in coco/perlite 60/40. Coco coir holds and wicks moisture pretty well, so I figured no need for the perlite. I have about 2 inches of straight perlite in the bottoms, right up to the top of the drain holes.

I added about 2 Tbsp of Osmocote in each bucket and have the hydroton on top (about an inch worth) to reduce evaporation and prevent channeling when I had water.

I plan on adding a few amendments to the buckets, maybe some humates, carbs and beneficials. I will also start with some bloom boosters when I switch them on Monday to 12/12. I am flipping both grows to 12/12 same day. I want to see if there is a difference in finish time, since I have G-Bud in both spaces, they should be a good indicator.

If any of the experienced hempy guys have any input, I am always open to suggestions.

Strains: Gigabud (G13 labs)x2
Twilight (Dutch Passion) x2
Pineapple Chunk (Barney's Farms) x2
Darkstar (TH Seeds) x3
Caramelicious (AMS) x1

I like the option to start off with the Blue and then go to Red with one unit. It uses roughly ½ the wattage for each one. The unit draws 800 watts with both switches on. So about half of that when you are just vegging.
Here are the girls. These are the moms I've had under a T5HO for the past several months. I will take a few clones off of the P-chunk and Darkstar to make new moms, I have seeds of all the rest so I won't start new moms of them.

Did you ever give smoke reports on the different strains? Even if you don't smoke them what about a qualitative analysis of the aroma, trich density, etc? Do you have a spreadsheet you could pull yield numbers from for all the strains?

Did you ever give smoke reports on the different strains? Even if you don't smoke them what about a qualitative analysis of the aroma, trich density, etc? Do you have a spreadsheet you could pull yield numbers from for all the strains?
I'll have to compile notes on them and put up a spreadsheet. So far the P-Chunk is the best smelling and frostiest of the group. The G-bud is still curing, it is improving with age--smell wise.

Don't you find that different seeds of the same strain are very different? I found 3 phenos out of the 4 seeds of Barneys Farm G13 / Haze I grew out.

If you have a good thing with your P-Chunk why not make a second gen mom and lst and bonzai trim like me!!

What I meant to say above about the red only - is red only useful?? In flower i thought you use bother red and blue? It is a nice feature but unless you use one space for veg and flower seems it would be a waste of $$$$ to use a full spectrum lamp for veg.

Also what happens to the other 10 spectrums? Which switch do all the secondary spectrums go with? Maybe they are on with both? They are still 12 band lights right?

What I meant to say above about the red only - is red only useful?? In flower i thought you use bother red and blue? It is a nice feature but unless you use one space for veg and flower seems it would be a waste of $$$$ to use a full spectrum lamp for veg.

Also what happens to the other 10 spectrums? Which switch do all the secondary spectrums go with? Maybe they are on with both? They are still 12 band lights right?
there is a mix in the veg mode, mostly red actually, and the blue. The second switch is red-on-steroids. I just switched both on today, I think they've had enough time to acclimate.

I'll be taking some cutting from the P-chunk and the Darkstar to make bonsai moms out of. I need to keep them a bit shorter in the future. (I have seeds for the rest of the strains if I want to grow more, but I only had a single P-chunk and 4 free Darkstars--1 turned out to be a male).

Quick shot of them today.
DSCN00222.JPG

Back
Top Bottom