Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800W Diamond Series - Mulitple Strains - Hempy Grow

Re: Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800w Diamond Series, mulitple strains, hempy grow

Jozo, do you mean the CO2 tanks?

That's one way, certainly, but I was referring things like this.

Re: Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800w Diamond Series, mulitple strains, hempy grow

carbonated water adds so little that it could do more harm than good...

I think people do that under the assumption that it enhances the CO2 in teh growing area. It's bunk, and not worth pursuing. If you really want CO2, there's much better ways to get it than carbonated water.:goodluck:

Agreed. You have to be able to let the room sit without being ventilated for hours at a time a few times a day for co2 supplementation. If you spray them with soda water tje co2 just gets sucked out if youre ventilating your room properly.

Hey steve i got a quick question; after having used the 800 for a bit what have you noticed about the coverage? Im just so curious has to how the rectangle with such a difference in width and length makes such a square footprint. And maybe a quick word to the people on the intensity of the unit?

Hey steve i got a quick question; after having used the 800 for a bit what have you noticed about the coverage? Im just so curious has to how the rectangle with such a difference in width and length makes such a square footprint. And maybe a quick word to the people on the intensity of the unit?
This unit is intense!. I think the core area is about 3x5, but is covering the 4x4 real nicely. I think in a 4x4 though you are better off with a pair of 400s so that you can take advantage of the "third-off effects" of the lights. The 800 would be better off in pairs in a 4x6 or larger space.

The plants aren't complaining though, they're looking pretty happy.

Yea that was going to be my strategy with the leds. I think get a bunch of smaller ones and spread them out just a bit might be an effective way of increasing the overall footprint while reducing energy usage. Yes there will be small areas with slightly less intensity, depending on how theyre arranged, but I believe it could be potentially more effective, while being a bit more ecpensive initially due to the cheaper price/watt of the bigger lights. Although one fatass super light does look to get the job done right, too!

You can actually cover a larger area with 2 400s than a single 800. The space between the lights where each light falls of to about 50% intensity is where they should overlap. That is what the "third-off effect" is. You arrange your lights so that they are the right distance apart that each is hitting the same are with 50% of their light, in effect creating a 3rd light in that space. There's a good graphic representation in Cervantes' Grower's Bible, pg 168. You could even get a good foot print with 4x200 that way and would in essence pick up the advantage of 5 3rd-off lights that way.

So, I'm sure your next question is why did I opt for the big 800 if I would have been better off with 2x400 or 4x200? Future plans! I would like to get 2 or 3 800s into a lager tent and really go large(r) scale in the next 4~6 months. If I was going to stay in a 4x4 tent, I think I would go with the 4x200 approach. a 3x5 or 4x6 tent then I would go with 3x400. But for 4x8 tent (or larger) the 800s are the way to go.

The third-off effect is the same reason that when my shootout is done, I'll be using 2 x 300W units with a 2.5' x 3.5' core to cover my 3.5' x 5' tent. The overlap will fill the whole area with even light.

Now. If I was a bazillionaire like stevehman, I'd just buy a big ginormous unit too. ;)

That's one way, certainly, but I was referring things like this.

Jozo, I believe XLR8 (maybe it was someone else!) had some good results with these and they're cheap!!!

EXHALE - CO2 Bags

You can actually cover a larger area with 2 400s than a single 800. The space between the lights where each light falls of to about 50% intensity is where they should overlap. That is what the "third-off effect" is. You arrange your lights so that they are the right distance apart that each is hitting the same are with 50% of their light, in effect creating a 3rd light in that space. There's a good graphic representation in Cervantes' Grower's Bible, pg 168. You could even get a good foot print with 4x200 that way and would in essence pick up the advantage of 5 3rd-off lights that way.

So, I'm sure your next question is why did I opt for the big 800 if I would have been better off with 2x400 or 4x200? Future plans! I would like to get 2 or 3 800s into a lager tent and really go large(r) scale in the next 4~6 months. If I was going to stay in a 4x4 tent, I think I would go with the 4x200 approach. a 3x5 or 4x6 tent then I would go with 3x400. But for 4x8 tent (or larger) the 800s are the way to go.

Great info! +REPS!

Jozo, I believe XLR8 (maybe it was someone else!) had some good results with these and they're cheap!!!

EXHALE - CO2 Bags

Me too....they work great!:thumb:

Me too....they work great!:thumb:
I was considering buying a pair of those exhale bags for my tent. I go through $20 in CO2 every few weeks, if these go up to 6 months (as advertised) for $27 ea, it would be a bit of a money saver.

OMM, how many are you using in your space? I was thinking 2 in each of my areas, although 1 may be enough?

edit: Just put in a request with my hydro store to carry these. They sell the buckets for 4x the price of these, so I am sure they will like to have an option.

I go through $20 in CO2 every few weeks
Do you monitor CO2 concentration? Not just for costs...
Controls must be tight to push limits, in most anything.

That light rates a computer controlled sealed environment.

Do you monitor CO2 concentration? Not just for costs...
Controls must be tight to push limits, in most anything.

That light rates a computer controlled sealed environment.
I haven't purchased a CO2 monitor/controller, it's on the list though. One that will control exhaust as well as CO2 PPM. The space is a bit small to be completely sealed, I would need a little more room for climatic controls (A/C, dehumid etc...). Once I get into a larger tent size with added floorspace for the gear, I will seal it up. That's all part of my phase 5 planning.
:)

I don't want to hijack steve's thread with this so here is a link to a new thread where we can discuss exhale.

Exhale Blocks

I posted a chemical analysis of whats going on there... I don't see how it can help.

A quick shot of the girls on their first day of school (aka 12/12):
DSCN00313.JPG

Their first lesson, Super Cropping 101:
DSCN00292.JPG
DSCN00304.JPG

They all passed the initial exam.

Hope they dont get too tall.... Suddenly im reminded of an episode of Futurama featuring monster cavewomen...

Back
Top Bottom