Sweet Seeds XL Autos, Sweet Cheese, Amnesia Haze & Gorilla Girl Fun With Ganjagrandaddy

Good stuff GGD count me in :ciao:
Fingers crossed for the seedlings!
thanks brother. Trying the easy route again .lol ( if only !!).
I always liked 10 gallon pots when I ran autos. I always planted in their final pot.
I didnt realise how few bigger pots i had. thankfully i had the 30L still around as injad bought a new batch of 20l pots but for coco initially so useless for the L.o.s at that size. doubled them up on the 60L to hopefully squeeze all 12 in. had a luxury with only running 3 last run but now space is a factor to consider again. lol
Thanks for coming over P. I know how busy it gets up in this place. lol
seems lockdown has made less time for 420 which is a shocker. Imagined a great relaxation period until I realised I still get to be house husband with no furlough but more bodies to work around. lol

Did read recently about using deeper rather than wider pots to keep the "turnip looking" tap roots busy and seeing some guy use "sewerpipe" hydro ( his own d.i.y set up and shockingly good) , where he had a stem that was close to the diameter of the plastic cup it was sat in in the pipe. An auto too but the depth drop of each plant in their tube was quite deep. never seen an auto so fat stemmed ever . I will get some more 60L pots as they do seem to love the bigger size in general too but if more useful for the autos too , sold. makes sense too.lol

Looking good so far, I’ll pull up a seat
welcome aboard storm. Nothing dead yet which is a great start by all accounts with recent experiences. lol
Always a seat available for you buddy

Very Interested in this one
You are more than welcome Blackpeter. any comments , ideas , digs always welcome mate. lol . I am a convert to sweet seeds since last run . Should be some nice genetics from these ladies hopefully.

I‘m in ;)

I wrote you a theme song!

Hooray for Ganja! Hooray at last!
Hooray for Ganja! He’s fillin his grow tent fast!
Don‘t be mistaken! Don‘t be misled!
Ganja is the granddaddy and Tra gIves awesome **** [deleted by Admin lewd content]

Very Interested in this one
You are more than welcome Blackpeter. any comments , ideas , digs always welcome mate. lol . I am a convert to sweet seeds since last run . Should be some nice genetics from these ladies hopefully

I‘m in ;)

I wrote you a theme song!

Hooray for Ganja! Hooray at last!
Hooray for Ganja! He’s fillin his grow tent fast!
Don‘t be mistaken! Don‘t be misled!
Ganja is the granddaddy and Tra gIves awesome **** [deleted by Admin lewd content]
Red??? wow even colours offend now !.lol
Thanks Trala . Now that is an entrance !.(as the Bishop said to the actress!!!. )
welcome aboard chic. x

Hey hey hey double G, the notorious @Ganjagrandaddy! Ta da!

Seriously though, would you mind if I hit you up in a pm for some recs?

Youve got some saaaaweeet genetics going on brother!!

thanks for the tag!! I’ll be sure to follow along as best I can!!

what happened to the video journal? Is it finished?
The staff at 420 took it down so I stuck with the other one. just finishing trimming the Fft#10 and the other 2 are drying so on waiting period . dropped the new seeds to keep momentum. sadly not looking like a great germ rate so far with only 6 showing life after a week. really hoped for a fuller grow this run too. looked good after the soak but seem to have stalled out totally now .

Day 9 . All is well in the environment and pots and in the main. The only real concern are the Sweet Amnesia Haze who have not budged at all so far . Nothing , Nada, nowt ...just plugs sat there with blackened looking seeds doing nothing at all. I had hoped that after them not cracking during their germination attempt , that I would see results leaving them in plugs, I even potted one being hopeful but so far still nothing.
20201122_170131.jpg

The Gorilla girl were out fighting after 24 hrs in a paper towel though and have continued to get on with it #4 looking a little odd at present. All 4 are settling in to their pots nicely now.
20201122_165216.jpg
20201122_165141.jpg
20201122_165005.jpg
20201122_164919.jpg

Sweet Cheese are making an attempt with only #3 not appearing so far. 2 of the other are just "quacking ducks" poking through now but there is hope they will crack on and get some vertical growth going now.
20201122_165942.jpg
20201122_165728.jpg
20201122_165432.jpg
20201122_165350.jpg

While I am disappointed that the amnesia are so far doing nothing , I will still hopefully have 8 viable working ladies to get this ready moving along now so I won't lose heart/hope. gutted to have lost plant count again but still workable. Until next time growmies , be safe and well

Day 14: Hi all. growth is starting to pick up on the Gorilla girls. I buried them to near their coty leaves now amd only #4 looks to be a lagging lady of this strain. Just a little mutant-ish at present so lets see how she progresses. 1 of the cheese looks fairly happy enough but #2 and 3 still look paused!. 4 is doing nothing so far.
I gave all the pots a good water to get the coco/soil moving a little and tried to keep the main on the outer edge of where I hoped the roots limits had reached to get them searching. Temps are good at 23°c and rh at 58 at moment due to heater drying the air a little too much. not a major issues with their size and transpiring yet so no need to panic yet. I also turned the light up to 75% power to make sure they are all in the glow. keeping my fingers crossed they go for it now.

20201125_122805.jpg

20201125_122728.jpg

20201125_115718.jpg

20201125_115604.jpg

20201125_115519.jpg

20201125_115446.jpg

20201125_115343.jpg

Hey ganja!! All you’re photos show water on you’re young seedlings....

You should (how do I put this nicely :hmmmm: )

Should never do that.

it ends up drying the plant out, by burning the leaves. As water droplets will act as a magnifying glass and burn you’re plants. Ultimately stunting the plants growth.

Shake the plant to remove most of the water, and dry the rest of the water droplets up with a paper towel.
:thumb:

Should never do that.

it ends up drying the plant out, by burning the leaves. As water droplets will act as a magnifying glass and burn you’re plants. Ultimately stunting the plants growth.

Shake the plant to remove most of the water, and dry the rest of the water droplets up with a paper towel.
I agree 420% and, more important, it looks like you're over-watering. Those young seedlings don't have the root system to uptake lots of water and, if the roots are sitting in too moist soil, you'll get root rot. It looks like this poor girl, that hasn't even emerged yet, is sitting in mud:

20201122_165432-jpg.2260924

Should never do that.

Hi back. no worries mate. i had just sprayed the surfaces to moisten the room a little too. very dry air at moment as I am using a heater to keep the 0° c at bay. Love the careful politeness but we are growmies and I am more than comfortable to take an ego bump if I get some thing wrong or make an error , please dont bite your lip if you feel you need to comment mate. i would never be offended. I am An old dog who has been learning a lot of new tricks from 420 and fellow growers.

I agree 420% and, more important, it looks like you're over-watering. Those young seedlings don't have the root system to uptake lots of water and, if the roots are sitting in too moist soil, you'll get root rot. It looks like this poor girl, that hasn't even emerged yet, is sitting in mud:

20201122_165432-jpg.2260924
I am using a L.o.s and coco combo that has been dry to this point so not really "active" as such. I amended the pots with charge and needed to water well to wake the microbes up and get them active. I literally just watered her after a little removal of shell casing leftovers had kept her fused. she is in coco plug and sat in a 30l mix that is dry for the most part of the pot. The surface gets a misting now but the waterings have been in a circle away from the plugs altogether and attempting to encourage the roots outwards as autos . The plug itself dries very quickly due to wicking and the drier air atm. I will keep my eye on this moisture level as you both point out and maybe try less volume but this room is a painnin the ass to environmentally manage as so close to the outside temps with the roof above and getting heat from the house below. lol so wish I had a spare room. I am still hopefully on the 2 duck billed girls and will try to be as responsive as possible to keeping them happy until they properly emerge( ever hopeful). Thanks Mr K

Back
Top Bottom