SweetLeef's 1st Ever Grow - Auto's & Photo's - TGA SuperSoil 2013-14

Thanks Light!

So day 2 in the jars, although I saw no signs of moisture at this point, I figured since I had a long day of work a head of me I would give the jars a little burping. Set a timer and everything.

Went out to walk the dog and the tier went off while I was out. I came he from work and when I went to check on the jars I found my mistake.

I had read about people putting citrus peels, lettuce leaves, apple slices to their jars to add back a little moisture if they let their bud get too dry.

Best thing I had on hand was some celery. I cut a 2" piece into 8 smaller pieces. Pulled all the bud out of the jars and put it back in layering 4 pieces into each jar of bud. Checked it a day later and the moisture is about perfect for where I want it to be. More moist then when they went into the jars.

They both smell much better now. I am going to remove the celery after posting this and then I will add orange rind tomorrow or the next day.

Next time I dry, I think I will add something like celery or lettuce to the jar right away, the buds did get a little crispy before the stem did. Really happy I was able to very gently get some moisture back in there.:high-five:

I haven't been here for awhile ! Wow Wee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bravo:
I have one question, why do you keep them in the dark before you cut them done ?
Again, way to go !!!!! :thumb: :cheer:

Well MsBadger,

There are two different schools of thought I have read about. It seems like half the people say it increases resin production on the plant, and the other half thinks because plants focus on the roots during the dark period, that the plant will send all of it's extra sugars and starches to the roots, thus producing a cleaner smoke. It seems like even if people don't agree on why the dark period s beneficial, they agree that it IS beneficial.

I'm still such a noob, I just did it because all of the growers I look up to and respect do it:laughtwo:

I mean I read up on it before I did it, I just haven't been doing this long enough to have seen any real results yet.

Someday I will have a larger setup and I will do a side by side of the same strain one with one without dark period, just to see for myself. That's a few grows down the line though.;)

Any more experienced growers please feel free to augment this post with more, or at least correct information:)

Hope all is good and green in your world, MsBadger!

well I don't do it lol
I did however for a couple different strain white widow being one of them
read something about dark period just before harvest is beneficial for this particular plant in
giving more resin
something the breeder put in on their thing for the seed like I said tho I never tried it
I got things on different schedules so im not gonna do that
Happy Weednsday Sweet :thumb:

well I don't do it lol
read something about dark period just before harvest is beneficial for this particular plant in
giving more resin
something the breeder put in on their thing for the seed like I said tho I never tried it

I knew there was someone who didn't ;)

well I don't do it lol
giving more resin

It makes sense ! I was doing 24 hrs on my little ones, when I gave them 5-6 hrs of darkness they really perked up. You seem to be doing great. The more I look around this site the more I learn. :Namaste:

Ms Badger hes actually reffering to giving 2-3 days of dark period before harvest
but yes I don't do the 24 hr veg lights on im a 18/6 guy

Happy Thurweed day Sweet :thumb:

Hey everybody!

I think I will take a couple of pictures of Aurora tonight after work to see how she's doing.

Also testing the hydro system for my next grow:)

Should be a good night!

Happy Valentines Day :420:

Oh yeah!

A fun little VD Day surprise for all of my fellow 420heads with tonight's update.

Stay tuned folks, I think you'll dig it!

Can't wait ! :popcorn:

Does anybody know a good thread that explains trimming ? :reading420magazine:

I am responding to the last two comments in reverse because it makes sense to my brain.

Can't wait ! :popcorn:

Does anybody know a good thread that explains trimming ? :reading420magazine:

Not off the top of my head. I read a bunch of different threads on the subject, but really how I learned it, was by watching the Discovery show Weed Wars. Great show and there is a part where these two guys are trimming. It's not a how to, I just figured it out by watching the. Basically you just want to remove all the fan leaf and anything without trich's. Then dry it. Then, before you put the bud into jars to cure, you want to to your final trim. You just cut off anything that sticks out or is crispy. That's about it. It's very easy and quite tedious, but also knda fun.

ok Chronic Weekend to you Sweet waiting on that update :thumb:

Gonna upload some pics and it update time:)

UPDATE TIME, Y'ALL!!!

Alright so let's start with Dawnie before I get to the surprise.

So as you can see, her buds are not as fat, tall, or as large in general as her sisters were. however, her buds and MUCH more dense than Steph and Dawnies were. So I don't know. lot's of trich's when I look up close. Still quite clear, although some cloudy. My camera doesn't do her justice and the focus sucks so bad on it. Worst phone camera I've ever had. Still, I keep hoping she'll fatten up. Anyway, here you go....
VDawnie1.jpg

VDawnie2.jpg

VDawnie3.jpg

VDawnie4.jpg

Valentines day Surprise!!!!

So, I believe I did not mention this after harvest. Steph had some little buds that were pretty much worthless, so I threw her back into the tent. I wasn't sure if she'd make it because I cut so much off of her. But the results have been great. Her little buds have really grown and they are more dense than her pervious flowers.

VDsteph1.jpg

VDsteph2.jpg

VDsteph3.jpg

Happy Valentines Day friends! :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love::Namaste::circle-of-love:

I am responding to the last two comments in reverse because it makes sense to my brain.

Not off the top of my head. I read a bunch of different threads on the subject, but really how I learned it, was by watching the Discovery show Weed Wars. Great show and there is a part where these two guys are trimming. It's not a how to, I just figured it out by watching the. Basically you just want to remove all the fan leaf and anything without trich's. Then dry it. Then, before you put the bud into jars to cure, you want to to your final trim. You just cut off anything that sticks out or is crispy. That's about it. It's very easy and quite tedious, but also knda fun.

Gonna upload some pics and it update time:)
Weed Wars ? Hmmm !!!! So I just watched several episodes on Youtube. Great info ! Steph was another surprise ! I thought Mary Jane was an annual plant, didn't know you could get another crop from same plant. Is it possible you could harvest the buds and bring the plant back for another budding ? Wow that was very cool ! :thumb:

Weed Wars ? Hmmm !!!! So I just watched several episodes on Youtube. Great info ! Steph was another surprise ! I thought Mary Jane was an annual plant, didn't know you could get another crop from same plant. Is it possible you could harvest the buds and bring the plant back for another budding ? Wow that was very cool ! :thumb:

Yeah, I really like that show. I wish they would make more, but I don't think they are going to.

Well, This particular plant is an auto flower that I just left the very bottom branches with tini tiny buds on and put it back in the tent and now the buds have grown more dense then the other buds fro the plant do to the quality of light they are getting, as opposed to how she spent most of her life under T5.

However, Yes. Yes, you can harvest the buds and put it back to produce once again. I don't think it works every time, but it's worked before.

Check out Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

The thread is vast because she has gone perpetual, but there is a lot of great information in there and she get traffic from MANY great growers. A great place to ask a question. A wonderful member and thread as well.

If I had more time I would find where she talks about re-veg for you, unfortunately I do not. :)

Sweetleaf, that one plant with just the bottom buds would be a perfect plant to regrow, if it had what your looking for.

It's an autoflower strain though. Can you re-grow an auto? I mean she's in there, It wouldn't hurt anything to try, really. I'm in. Still under 18/6 because of the bigger auto finishing up, then should I put her under 24 or keep her where she's always been?

Back
Top Bottom