SweetLeef's 1st Ever Grow - Auto's & Photo's - TGA SuperSoil 2013-14

Congratulations on the harvest SweetLeef! And especially on the Valentine present you discovered. Getting extra buds is always a very good thing. :thumb:
I was really interested in whether or not you could reveg an auto flower plant, too bad it appears they don't work. Rats! I have one auto flower seed here, if it turned out really nice I would have loved to try the reveg on it. Now I'm wondering....I've never grown autos...yet. Can you clone them? Maybe you've covered this already and I missed it.
Enjoy your nice buds...bud! :circle-of-love:

@MsBadger,
yepper, you can put a plant that you've harvested back into vegetation and grow it again. They actually have shown to explode with even more growth.
I'm trying a couple now, it's slow going for mine but there are a lot of growers on this site that have great success with them. I'll find the page on my journal where one of the subscribers sent in his pictures of revegged plants and post the link for you.

>>>Congratulations on the harvest SweetLeef! And especially on the Valentine present you discovered. Getting extra buds is always a very good thing. :thumb:

Thanks Canna. Steph and Dawnie are in jars and have about another week and a half-two weeks before they are ready. And I think Aurora has at least two more weeks. I could be wrong, but think it'll be at least that long. Just realized in my update I called Aurora Dawnie... Ooops, good thing she hasn't learnt to read yet! :lot-o-toke: :laughtwo:

>>>I was really interested in whether or not you could reveg an auto flower plant, too bad it appears they don't work. Rats!

Speaking of Dawnie, she's in the tent too. She had the tiniest little leaves under the lowest branch stump, I figured what the hay? He tiny leaves have grown, so we'll see what she does. Maybe it's just assumption that you can't reveg an auto. re-vegging an auto doesn't really make sense because they don't really veg in the first place. But I figure it's worth a shot, they don't take up much room anymore :)

>>>I have one auto flower seed here, if it turned out really nice I would have loved to try the reveg on it. Now I'm wondering....I've never grown autos...yet. Can you clone them? Maybe you've covered this already and I missed it.

Well, from what I've read, there is no point to cloning autos, because there is no veg, the cutting would mature around the same time as the plant it was cut from. You would also get reduced yield do to the stress of cutting the plant.

Autos are kind of a set it and forget it situation. You are supposed to drop the seed into the final pot. The stress of transplanting can reduce yield. I think I got really lucky, or they are more resilient than the interwebs give them credit for.

>>>Enjoy your nice buds...bud! :circle-of-love:

Thanks Canna! :thumb: :)

>>>Okay, this is for MsBadger. A small section about revegging with some results pics:
Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

:Namaste:

Awesome Canna! Thanks for sharing the info!!! :)

Re: SweetLeef's 1st ever grow. Auto's and Photo's, TGA SuperSoil 2013-14

Thanks J!

Yes I have some amazing friends. Totally blown away by the generosity I have been blessed with.

Attack of The Borg... :scratchinghead: but very funny. You have an awesome & SweetLeaf journal! My girls feel much safer now.

many thanks :high-five:

It's an autoflower strain though. Can you re-grow an auto? I mean she's in there, It wouldn't hurt anything to try, really. I'm in. Still under 18/6 because of the bigger auto finishing up, then should I put her under 24 or keep her where she's always been?

My bad did not know it an autoflower, dang which one? looked nice for bottom buds on an auto:)

Attack of The Borg... :scratchinghead: but very funny. You have an awesome & SweetLeaf journal! My girls feel much safer now.

many thanks :high-five:

That's really great to hear Trich! Glad I could be of assistance :)
Yeah, The Borg was a bummer. I lost 7 clones to those bastards. But the auto were able to resist assimilation and escaped unharmed by the dread russet mite. Auto's are really awesome little plants, I'm glad I started with them.

My bad did not know it an autoflower, dang which one? looked nice for bottom buds on an auto:)

The bottom buds are from Stephanie Tanner. They did not look that nice a week ago. I'm really glad I didn't cut them down and toss them in with the trim, they've become actual buds :)

This growing weed thing just keeps getting cooler and cooler!!

So checking out Aurora today and she definitely got some amber on her. I will wait at least a week, I hope.

We are having some pretty strong winds at the moment and it doesn't seem to take much to knock out the power in this old building I live in.

Hypothetically speaking, if the power went out and was out for like 24 hours or longer, at that point should I just cut her down or can I continue to her regular light schedule? What if the power comes on in the middle of her normal light schedule short light day then back to normal? Just curious if I should gear up for some trimming or if it's ok to continue to let her mature.

Hey Sweetleef,
I have a grower friend here on 420 that experienced that power outage for a short time..actually two friends on here. They didn't suffer any bad effects from it, one of them was well over 24 hours of darkness. It should be okay if it's not an extended period. Do you have a generator back up source?
I would worry about temps though, make sure it will be warm enough and they don't freeze or get too cold and stress. If it's a short period you should be okay.
Just because it's on topic, I recently had a timer failure and the lights were out probably two full days. I now have one plant that is foxtailing on me and I'm sure it was the timer failure caused stress on the plant. I am watching that one closely.

Happy Munchday Sweet :thumb:
im sure itll be ok I wouldn't panic especially if your near the end

Congrats on your half harvest Sweets. I did the same thing last week, only chopped the top portion of a plant.

no you cant reveg an auto itll live its life cycle and end
I've read that a few times.

Awesome Canna! Thanks for sharing the info!!! :)

As Lady Dee would say, "She's under her bed again."

LOL... I really did sample something. It'll be in my upcoming smoke report via New City Grower Princess DIY.

Hey Sweetleef,
I have a grower friend here on 420 that experienced that power outage for a short time..actually two friends on here. They didn't suffer any bad effects from it, one of them was well over 24 hours of darkness. It should be okay if it's not an extended period. Do you have a generator back up source?
I would worry about temps though, make sure it will be warm enough and they don't freeze or get too cold and stress. If it's a short period you should be okay.
Just because it's on topic, I recently had a timer failure and the lights were out probably two full days. I now have one plant that is foxtailing on me and I'm sure it was the timer failure caused stress on the plant. I am watching that one closely.

No backup power source. I'm in an apartment so a generator isn't really an option at the moment. They usually get it back up pretty quick when it does go out ;)

Happy Munchday Sweet :thumb:
im sure itll be ok I wouldn't panic especially if your near the end

Yah I wasn't too worried, more curious. Glad it didn't happen though. Thanks :)

LOL... I really did sample something. It'll be in my upcoming smoke report via New City Grower Princess DIY.

Nice!!!

So you did notice that you double posted? LOL

Yeah, I want some of THAT! woo hoo!

Pass it this way please :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom