SweetLeef's 1st Ever Grow - Auto's & Photo's - TGA SuperSoil 2013-14

Hey Sis, you figured it out:)

Ladies and gentlemen, It is my great honor to introduce to you all, the reason I am growing and on this forum, The sister of SweetLeef............................................................................................................................................................................

MagicMediwana:cheer::party::theband::green_heart:

HI MagicMediwana! If you are anything like your "bro", we :green_heart: you already! :welcome: to the greatest green place on the net!

Is this ok with Autos, or will be there be some adverse effects? My gut tells me it would be fine, but my gut has been wrong before.

Hello Sweet Leaf, looking fantastic, I can see why Dawnie is your star of the show!:thumb:

Canna is right in saying you’ll thankful for your patience, taking samples is a good way to see how your patience is rewarded!

Don’t cut the lower down buds, they are likely to be the youngest and most immature! It will cause no harm to Autos, except photographically!
:passitleft:

Sweets is 420 family. That makes you family MagicMediwana. Welcome to our circle of love

:circle-of-love:

Thanks so much for the welcome!! I have kept up with the journals but decided I wanted to be able to chime in once in a while, so here I am! Also, I want t say a BIG thank you for all of the help and support that you guys have given Sweet. It is so cool to watch him learn and get excited about this and to have such a supportive and encouraging group of like-minded people makes a tremendous difference! Thank you all!!:circle-of-love::thanks::goodjob::Namaste:

Happy Tokerday Sweet
no harm in letting the bottoms mature more if you got the time and space :thumb:

Hello :420:

I watered Steph and Dawnie last night. They were thirsty! It was a really fun and satisfying watering session because they perked right up.. Within minutes they had a few leaves reaching for the sun. This morning they looked beautiful as ever. It seems the dry-out was successful in forcing the girls to finish up some of their almost dead leaves. I pulled a decent sized pile off the girls. I am hoping they finish up next week, but who knows.

I read on a couple of the other forums that autos don't necessarily turn amber? Who is the Auto-Guru of :420:? Has anyone else noticed their autos not turning amber? I read about how with autos the leaves tell you when it's ready? I am skeptical of that. Plus, couch-lock is where it's at, in my book. So wait we shall!

It may be time for another sample ;)

Pictures tonight. I will try and get a trich shot if I don't forget :bong: and if I can get the loop/phone to cooperate.

Hope all is good and green in your world:)

Hello :420: :)

I did not get around to trich pictures tonight. I did get a real good look at the trichs of Steph and Dawnie and we are good to go! I am going to give them tomorrow and Friday in the light and then they go dark. I will cut them down when I wake up on Sunday :) :) :) ;) ;) ;)

I am not sure exactly how to do the dark period for them. Aurora still needs the light. maybe I can build a little room inside the tent just big enough for Steph and Dawnie out of black garbage bags or something.

I was able to snap a couple just after lights out pics.

Aurora:
Baby buds are getting bigger, but still baby buds.
AA29.jpg

AA110.jpg

AA29.jpg

Steph:
Beautiful. Fall colors finally and I think she's about ready;)
SS28.jpg

SS110.jpg

Dawnie:
Not much to say about this bombshell except OoooWeeee!
DD10.jpg

DD12.jpg

DD52.jpg

DD42.jpg

I'll be snapping a lot more photos over the next couple days because I will miss these beautiful girls. So there will be a big photo shoot for both girls.

I'm really excited! I cant imagine I'll get any sleep at all over the next few days ;) :)

:lot-o-toke: :surf:

Oh man, busy couple days at the Sweet compound make for a very big update :goof:

I was never able to get my phones camera to cooperate the with loop, so no trich pictures this grow. Maybe of the finished product, we'll see.

Anyway, we left off on Thursday and I wasn't sure how I was going to give the girls their darkness. I grabbed come cardboard before it hit the recycling, and here's what I came up with

Stephanie Tanner's Hut:
HutSteph.jpg

Dawnie Narco's Hut:
HutDawnie.jpg

Here is what the ladies looked like right before the dark period:

Dawnie Narco:
LastDawnie.jpg

LastDawnie1.jpg

Stephanie Tanner's Hut:
LastSteph.jpg

LastSteph1.jpg

Here is what they looked like in their huts:
HutGirlsTent.jpg

I was too excited this morning to get pictures before I cut. It has been a very long and awesome day. I spent probably 5 hours total rough trimming the girls. Here are the wet weights after cutting, and before washing.... Stephanie weighed in at a respectable 170.8 grams But Dawnie took the cake today with a hefty 185.9 grams.

Then I washed the harvest as well. I read Hikers Bud Washing thread and I decided it makes sense. I wash the produce I eat, why not wash cannabis as well? I will post this in that thread as well to spread the love.

So here is what I did.

4 tubs

First two tubs were water as hot as my tap would go. The fist tub was H2O2 and water. A 1/3 ratio. The second tub was 1cup of baking soda and 1 cup of lemon juice per 1 gallon of water.
WashBucket1_2.jpg

The second two tubs were only cold water.
WashBucket2_3.jpg

WashBucket4.jpg

I threw all the bud in the first bucket and began swishing around each branch one by one. I swished each branch fairly vigorously, enough to splash water out of the tub now and then. I then one by one worked each branch in the second bucket, letting each branch sit until all branches had been worked.. Then I did the same thing into the third bucket, cold water only. One they had been worked I shook each branch off before transferring to the 4th bucket. Also cold water. I very gently pushed the branches under the water and began to pull then out and gently shake them off before hanging each branch above the final wash tub to catch the dripping. The buds will hang overnight and then will be transferred to the mesh drying rack tomorrow. When I harvest aurora in a few weeks, I want to try and make a bud washing video, unless someone else makes one first :) I don't know if I can do it and hold my phone, maybe with my laptop.
When I was done washing the water in the first three tubs was dirty.
The water in the first tubs was brownish grey, although the picture doesn't do it justice It was pretty gross.
Dirty1_2.jpg

The second two tubs were mostly dead pistols and leaf matter I had cut by mistake with my clumsy first trim.
Dirty2_3.jpg

The fourth tub was clean and clear, looks like it did the first time except the drip in the water from the washed bud above :)
Dirty41.jpg

Anyway, I am sure people have put out more with autos, mayhaps even these strains, and maybe even as a first time grower. Still, I am very proud of my modest harvest. I know I will do better next time and do a coupe of things differently. I think I may have surpassed my hope of an ounce a plant. Based on my reading I think Steph will dry to a little over an ounce. I think Dawnie will come in around 1.5. We shall see.

The house smells really nice, like fresh flowers and cut grass in the summer. I cant wait to really try them out. It'll be a while yet. I don't expect these nugs to be the highest potency, so I want them to be thee best possible smoke. I want to cure for at least three weeks.

A very busy couple of days and a stoked Sweeetleef!

After I got my bud washed and hung, I went over to a buddy's house to check out his hydroponic NFT system. He will be running 110 plants. I am trying to get him to start a grow journal, it's going to be absolutely insane.

I will catch up with journals tomorrow. I am beat from all the work and ;) I did today. Hope al is good and green in your world today friends! :)

ahh Harvest time when you now you get to soon taste the fruits of your labor
Gratz Sweet Happy munchday

Back
Top Bottom