SweetLeef's 1st Ever Grow - Auto's & Photo's - TGA SuperSoil 2013-14

Re: SweetLeef's 1st ever grow. Auto's and Photo's, TGA SuperSoil 2013-14

may work but how much longer do they have?
given amount of time may or may not be worth a try

They are just now 14day's old. So 40-60 more days.......I think I'll go for it. I'll do it next time they need water. Saturday or Sunday night most likely.

This is a nice first grow journal. :) It's bringing back memories of my first grow. 1,000 watts won't be overkill. I flower under a 1k in a 4x6 tent, but I only use 4 feet of it for grow space.

Glad you stopped by DOD, I'm glad it could facilitate a trip down memory lane. Thanks for the kin words. I am having a blast with this first grow. Everyday its a surprise how they grow and change. They smell if you put your nose up to them so soon they will really smell :goof:

Update before bed.....Unless I fall asleep then it'll have to wait until morning :slide:

Tried to update, finished the update, went to view it before posting and lost it all!

Have to try again after work. Sorry folks!

Chronic weekend to ya Sweet :thumb:

:Namaste: .. hey sweetleaf, I am in for the party and all subb'd up... a terrific grower on 420 here, McLoadie gave me my best advice when I had my first grow, he said," Mango keep your big Mitt's off her and let her do her thing."... those are words of wisdom. Once you get past this grow or maybe another...it will come pretty easy for you. And you will never be handling or doing as much work as your doing now.

That being said, In my opinion once you pretty much see everything that can go wrong, and usually will. and you deal with those issues
you'll be a really good farmer. Because you can get advice and read up and all that...but you just have to get the experience of a few grows under your belt. there's no way around that. So the lesson here is...if you start to have a problem, don't do anything to drastic to fix it...if it looks that bad, and you lost total control...don't panic, just lightly flush the plant. And let her come back to you...OK

My friend, welcome to the wonderful world of Cannabis growing. I think you'll find it's one of the most rewarding things you can do, seriously...Cause anyone can grow weed, but not everyone can grow elite buds and colita's... you have to put in the work for that.

meh theres always work involed :cheesygrinsmiley:

:Namaste: .. hey sweetleaf, I am in for the party and all subb'd up... a terrific grower on 420 here, McLoadie gave me my best advice when I had my first grow, he said," Mango keep your big Mitt's off her and let her do her thing."... those are words of wisdom. Once you get past this grow or maybe another...it will come pretty easy for you. And you will never be handling or doing as much work as your doing now.

That being said, In my opinion once you pretty much see everything that can go wrong, and usually will. and you deal with those issues
you'll be a really good farmer. Because you can get advice and read up and all that...but you just have to get the experience of a few grows under your belt. there's no way around that. So the lesson here is...if you start to have a problem, don't do anything to drastic to fix it...if it looks that bad, and you lost total control...don't panic, just lightly flush the plant. And let her come back to you...OK

My friend, welcome to the wonderful world of Cannabis growing. I think you'll find it's one of the most rewarding things you can do, seriously...Cause anyone can grow weed, but not everyone can grow elite buds and colita's... you have to put in the work for that.

Welcome to my first grow and journal, Mangosnapper!:welcome: Thanks for the word of wisdom.

Now that I have finalized the Autos pots, I am only going to water them.

Minty, the bagseed will be handled quite a bit more than the autos, mostly because I accidently started and I might as well take advantage of it... More on that later.

Thanks for Joining in and thanks again for the words! Do you have a journal or plans to start one?

Chronic weekend to ya Sweet :thumb:

Thanks Chronic! I hope your weedend brings the dankest of trees to bring you to your knees!:trance:

Greetings to my friends both far and wide!

A after a very long day at work and then some very relaxing satisfying work in the Growtent, I am finally ready to make another attempt at an update, so Lets get to it!

UPDATE::

The autos are getting larger. They haven't hit their rapid growth yet but I don't think it's far off either.

Aurora:
A_Day14b.jpg

A_Day14a.jpg

Dawnie Narco:

D_N_Day14a.jpg

D_N_Day14b.jpg

That little chunk missing in the leaf was caused by the leaf opening weird. It was tucked all weird as it got bigger it opened up bit not without making the leaf look funny.

Stephanie Tanner:
S_T_Day14a.jpg

S_T_Day14a.jpg

Minty:

Now, Since I accidently kinked Minty at the bottom of her stem, she's perfect for training (sorry Mango :laughtwo:)
I made her a crutch:
Minty_Crutch.jpg

Crutch in action:
MintyCrutch_1.jpg

Gangsta Lean:
Reaching_for_the_light.jpg

You can see her stem has bent up toward the light:
Minty_I.jpg

She's getting bushy:
Minty_Blue_Eye.jpg

The first train was high stress. And while I like the idea of LST, these clones are taking forever and I might need to stunt Minty a little to keep her from getting WAY too big

I got home from work tonight and I decided I was going to go for it. I carefully cut the bottoms of the little pots the autos were in and "planted" just a little bit of the pot into/on top of a larger pot.
thecut.jpg

That way I could sort of transplant the little ladies without actually transplanting them.

Here is a little picture of them in their new homes:
additionstohhome.jpg

Tonight while looking over Minty I noticed these:
Mintytopnewgowth.jpg

Mintytopnewgrowth1.jpg

Looks like my topping might just be working out!

This is so exciting. When I decided to start growing, I had no idea that it would be this fun, interesting, rewarding, satisfying, or awesome. And I have yet to harvest a crop. I basically thought, oh wow freeish pot, cool. But this is so much more, I F-ing love it.

Clones are basically the same.

That's my update for today. It was kind of a twofer.

:Namaste:

Great update Sweetleef! Beautiful green everywhere. :thumb: And nice idea on the pots, I hope that works out well. I can't really see any reason it won't. Unless you move them around too much and they topple over on you. How deep is the bottom of the top pot into the new soil?
I love the little crutch you made too, how very "Doc will fix it and make it all better" of you.
+reps for your attention to your plants and your creativeness!

Thanks Canna, Imafannayou :goof:

The Autos are loving their new homes. I also moved everybody closer to the light and they are taking to it very well!

So, the reason I'm posting this is because I have a question about Minty......

Are these LADY BITS?
Ladybitsquestionmark.jpg

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weedkend

nope I don't think they are showing yet I forget what they call those little horns but they aren't preflowers yet
Happy Skunkday Sweet :thumb:

Hi Sweetleef, nothing female there yet. Keep checking though. Those are the stipules, and you will have those on both the female and male plant. Watch that area for the signs of either sex though. Pistils or little "balls".
Here's a link to my blog that will give you some pics to look at for reference. Just below the female sexing is the male sexing post.

Early Female sexing and flowering - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Great close up pic by the way!:thumb:

Awesome. Thank you so much Canna!

I am currently awaiting a 60x jewelers loop I ordered Thursday morning. Cant wait to get a closer look at the ladies.

This morning I witnessed for the first decent amount of growth in the dark period. :)

Happy Frosty Nugs Everybody,

Update time:

Stating off with the clones, Still haven't seen any roots. it's now day 16. I woke up two days ago and all of the clones were drooping and shriveled. Gave the cubes a little misting and when I got home from work, the cubes were dry again, and the plants still droopy. a spray on the bottom of the cube to coax the roots to the bottom, next morning dry and droopy no root. same. got home from work even droopier. googled around and it would seem that droopy shitty looking clones an actually mean that the little ladies will now make rots? I don't know, but since they were all still holding onto the cubes, I decided to plant them and hope for the best. So we have 6 droopy girls in cups. Did that before lights out last night. Two of them are much less droopy when the lights turned back on both Chem Dog, I feel the cookie and Nepalese have a good chance of pulling through. Really hope that Nepalese pulls through, that's the one I haven't tried (consumed) yet and have heard great things about it. I have been talking very sweet too all of them hoping for the best.

Received my loupe the other day and haven't seen any bugs!

It's cool to look at things under magnification too

Minty, is doing very well. The two new tops are about to open, and she's getting bushy. She's got some big leaves too.

Stephanie Tanner is the tallest she's got the really beautiful lighter color in the center than the lower bigger leaves. Almost golden. Our buxom blonde. Let's hope they do have more fun.

Dawnie Naco is not as tall as Steph, but she is a little more developed. Her little secondary leaves are noticeably lager than Steph's. however the top leaves and new growth are almost in a dead heat. Dwaine is a gorgeous dark green all over.

Aurora is doing very well now. She seems to have fully recovered from her early terrors. She is smaller than her sisters, but is growing strong and quickly compared to the way she was growing.

Looks like everyone is having trouble uploading pictures today So I will do a picture update tonight or tomorrow.

Hope your buds are beautiful and bountiful!

Great update as usual Sweetleef. I am sending maximum Karma your way for the clones to root. 16 days and still not even a tiny root poking? That seems unusually long. Glad to hear that they looked a little perkier upon putting them into soil!
Pics are still a problem today, I did hear one member say that loading one pic at a time had worked for him. Might be worth a try.
Have a great day!:thumb:

Happy Weednsday there Sweet :thumb:
hmm wonder if theres any sweet tooth seeds available lol

Back
Top Bottom