SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

The thrips on the hempy plants, where are the eggs being laid? Perlite is inert.

They don't lay eggs in the ground, lol, that's just where the second (third?) stage of life goes to pupate(?). The eggs are in your plants, where they'll be protected from everything short of incineration of their home.

You might find a few of their egg locations, if you are able to see tiny holes/slits in your plants. But you'll never find all of them. Therefore, plan to spray multiple times over two weeks or so. Might not be necessary, but they have the option of reproducing asexually, so it only takes one to create another 250 or so.

Thanks TS. :hug:

It appears I have given the spinosad away to someone who needed it. Lol!

I’ll wash off the Red Diesel with a stream of water and let everyone else alone. They all come down anyway before I leave. There’s no problem keeping them contained in the tents.

This is one of the better points about having multiple small tents over one or two big ones. It’s how I conquered the borg.

It's been a busy evening. :battingeyelashes:

First off, before I forget, the daughter found these in the Royal Gorilla buds she's been vaping for the past few days.

Only one looks interesting. I labeled it and bagged it up

The evening started with filling enough capsules to keep the daughter supplied with her base meds for a week. Then I got to the business of preparing for the morning's mega-harvest. I'll be taking the Jamaicans, and possibly the Devil's Carnivals as well. I'm still considering leaving them go a couple more days.

Everything I need, within easy reach.

It suddenly occured to me that I needed to get the rest of the cannabis out of the refrigerator and open up some room.

Jarring it all up

Starting with the all-important base meds.

Then I just kept on going until the drawer was empty.

I'll be making the daughter brownies in the morning, when I get the plants in the bags. I set some Dinachem out to dry overnight.

I think I've earned a good buzz before bed. :battingeyelashes:

It's been a busy evening. :battingeyelashes:

First off, before I forget, the daughter found these in the Royal Gorilla buds she's been vaping for the past few days.

Only one looks interesting. I labeled it and bagged it up

The evening started with filling enough capsules to keep the daughter supplied with her base meds for a week. Then I got to the business of preparing for the morning's mega-harvest. I'll be taking the Jamaicans, and possibly the Devil's Carnivals as well. I'm still considering leaving them go a couple more days.

Everything I need, within easy reach.

It suddenly occured to me that I needed to get the rest of the cannabis out of the refrigerator and open up some room.

Jarring it all up

Starting with the all-important base meds.

Then I just kept on going until the drawer was empty.

I'll be making the daughter brownies in the morning, when I get the plants in the bags. I set some Dinachem out to dry overnight.

I think I've earned a good buzz before bed. :battingeyelashes:

Omg SuperSue at it again those buds look great i cant wait to see how my devils carnival is guna look come harvest it will be my first d.c. in promix with remo nutes now i got the ph issue under control im growing actually healthy plants n they r getting big lol i hope it turns out half as nice as urs cuz those buds in the jars sure do look tastey lol congrats an namaste

Omg SuperSue at it again those buds look great i cant wait to see how my devils carnival is guna look come harvest it will be my first d.c. in promix with remo nutes now i got the ph issue under control im growing actually healthy plants n they r getting big lol i hope it turns out half as nice as urs cuz those buds in the jars sure do look tastey lol congrats an namaste

Why thank you Jones. :hug: I’m certain your garden is on the way to surpassing my wonder. :battingeyelashes:

Good morning everyone :love:

Just stopped to leave a few pictures I need to get back to bud washing. :ciao:

Gosh......I love harvest day. :slide:

Had to go and read for myself Keith. Thanks for calling our attention to it. Let's see what mental gymnastics they find to see around the evidence.

I know MDs are generally not our favorite folks since very few are not beholden to Big Pharma and Insurance companies, but here is probably the most know name in US medical circles calling out Cannabis medical realities, to the irrational AG no less. Recreational chemicals will likely always hold a negative connotation in some peoples view, human history informs this is a very common societal trait.

He may not be a believer in recreational cannabis, nor any recreational chemicals, but one step at time, maybe this is the path to finally end this insane prohibition and felonious bullcrap.

thrips on the hempy plants, where are the eggs being laid? Perlite is inert.

Great Thrips! Damn insects...
Most species of Thrips lay eggs in your live or rotting plant tissues, not to much in the soil or medium. Breaking the life cycle is key with Egg to Adult maturation requiring about 3 weeks, but eggs can go almost dormant in live tissue during winter. I'm sure I've smoked many thousand thrips eggs in my years! A few species do use the soil as an egg repository, but most greenhouse thrips species spend their life cycle above the ground.

Ponder of a plural here thrips = one insect, thrips = many insects, one of those weird singular plurals. :laugh:
Easily amused this morning, a full Saturday of Jazzfest can do that!

Peace
Keith

I know MDs are generally not our favorite folks since very few are not beholden to Big Pharma and Insurance companies,

Main reason I don't trust the f*cks is that the average cost for the pharmaceutical companies to bribe one of them to start pushing the latest moneymaker is...

...LUNCH!

And not even lunch at a five-star restaurant, either. A freaking fast food lunch and Bob's yer uncle.

At least the average politician demands six figures for his/her bribe. It gives the transaction a sense of integrity IDK, gravitas? But a couple big macs and an order of fries is what you buy your kid for getting As on his report card, not to potentially screw up hundreds(+) of people's health. They ought to allow the mafia into healthcare, lmfao.

Ponder of a plural here thrips = one insect, thrips = many insects

That's because there's no such thing as just one :rofl:. Well, maybe for about five minutes. In a lab. But not in the real world. They seem to be able to live for a little while away from plants, too. That's why treating the entire building (well, residence if it's a multi) is a good idea.

Sue, it sucks that you gave your Spinosad away. Good stuff. I went out to the shed and looked in the big and little tote you sent home with me that day, but it wasn't in there. I was hoping that it was me you gave it to, lol (I'd have tried to find a way to send it back, even if it had to be "postage due").

I know MDs are generally not our favorite folks since very few are not beholden to Big Pharma and Insurance companies, but here is probably the most know name in US medical circles calling out Cannabis medical realities, to the irrational AG no less. Recreational chemicals will likely always hold a negative connotation in some peoples view, human history informs this is a very common societal trait.

He may not be a believer in recreational cannabis, nor any recreational chemicals, but one step at time, maybe this is the path to finally end this insane prohibition and felonious bullcrap.

Great Thrips! Damn insects...
Most species of Thrips lay eggs in your live or rotting plant tissues, not to much in the soil or medium. Breaking the life cycle is key with Egg to Adult maturation requiring about 3 weeks, but eggs can go almost dormant in live tissue during winter. I'm sure I've smoked many thousand thrips eggs in my years! A few species do use the soil as an egg repository, but most greenhouse thrips species spend their life cycle above the ground.

Ponder of a plural here thrips = one insect, thrips = many insects, one of those weird singular plurals. :laugh:
Easily amused this morning, a full Saturday of Jazzfest can do that!

Peace
Keith

Hahaha! It made me laugh Keith. I'm tearing down most of the grow before my trip, so there won't be anything for them to survive in. Lol! When I had mites I ended the cycle by making them an ingredient in FHO :rofl: All of these harvests are destined for oil production following two weeks in the cold. No better way to end an infestation than making them part of the medicine. :battingeyelashes:

How sweet that you already started hitting the music festivals. Not that I'm surprised, mind you. Music is in your DNA. :hug::hug::hug:

Afternoon @SweetSue et al

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Good evening @Bonsaiweed

:hug::hug:5::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

You noticed - Sunday's are extra-affectionate. :hug:

That's because there's no such thing as just one :rofl:. Well, maybe for about five minutes. In a lab. But not in the real world. They seem to be able to live for a little while away from plants, too. That's why treating the entire building (well, residence if it's a multi) is a good idea.

Sue, it sucks that you gave your Spinosad away. Good stuff. I went out to the shed and looked in the big and little tote you sent home with me that day, but it wasn't in there. I was hoping that it was me you gave it to, lol (I'd have tried to find a way to send it back, even if it had to be "postage due").

:rofl: Insects in the indoor garden must think they found heaven. Lol!

I believe I sent it home with Hash Hound. He's fighting thrips, and I seem to recall giving it to him and saying "I can get some from you if I ever need any." Then I promptly forgot all about the conversation. Lol!

Good evening everyone :love:

It's been a long day. Thankfully, I took a break in the middle and went for a walk along the river and a light lunch with my dear friend, which gave me a much-needed dose of human interaction. Lol! Four plants in one day....I believe the last time I did that was an emergency teardown.

HARVEST REPORT: Multi-Harvest of Devil's Carnivals and Jamaicans

Thank goodness most of this is going into cobs and oils, which frees me from the rigors of a fine trim

I don't wear gloves, because I don't do a close trim, I clip off or pull off the entire leaf and seperate them into fans and sugar leaves. I've become pretty adept at keeping the fingers clean, but when you work with Devil's Carnival you're going to get oily. It's sticky work, but somebody's gotta do it. Lol!

Half of DC 1.3 will be cobbed day after tomorrow, right after I harvest Carnival 4.6. The rest went into bags to dry low and slo with the other girls harvested today.

Devil's Carnival 1.3 (Day 122, flip + 65)

Jamaican 1.4 (Day 86, flip + 48), Jamacian 1.5 (Day 82, flip + 53), and Devil's Carnival 1.5 (Day 118, flip + 53)

After drying for about four hours buds were clipped into bags and dropped into the crisper drawer for the next two weeks.

Most of the Jamaicans will become acid-cannabinoid infused oil to begin the dosing regimen intended to treat the daughter's liver condition. I haven't approached her yet about the possibility of dropping some vegetarian meals into the menu, but we'll get there eventually. Until then we up the cannabinoid diversity.

Twice the container size = twice the harvest. That doesn't hold true as you go up in container size, or at least it didn't in my garden. The one-gallon size has given the most consistent results.

In my garden part of the yield limitation is what I grow. Devil's Carnival isn't a big yielder, but it's one of the most potent chemovars I grow and it makes a fine pain oil.

The gallery grows. :slide:

"Environment. Environment. Environment."

I hear Doc in my ear all the time. That won't stop when I stop using the kit. Lol! Heat did me in again, and I'll get it worked out somehow. I haven't yet given it my full focus. So far it hasn't hurt my supply chain enough to be painful, and I have no ego, so I feel no remorse. I'm tired of inviting pests into my garden though, so it will change. :battingeyelashes:

I'm satisfied with these numbers and the time invested in the plants. The future challenge, now that I have my basic chemovars lined up, is to find creative ways to increase yield and quality while still having fun.

One of the reasons I decided to cob the DC was so I could have it hanging in the hall. This girl has a unique fragrance. I bagged her first to preserve as much of that fragrance as possible. Having the second half of the plant to pass as I wander in and out of the kitchen is a joy like no other.

Both of these chemovars have become favorite regular dancers under my flowering lights. I can't wait to see what Dan and his crew at Timber have in mind for the next class. :yahoo:

Three more harvests to go before I leave. Carn on Tuesday, Jamaican 1.3 next week, Black D.O.G. as soon as she's ready. It gets more quiet every day.

I don't know about you, but after all that I'm ready for a blistering buzz. I'm two brownies in today, but four plants down in one day is cause for extra celebration. Join me? :passitleft:

Hahaha! It made me laugh Keith. I'm tearing down most of the grow before my trip, so there won't be anything for them to survive in. Lol! When I had mites I ended the cycle by making them an ingredient in FHO :rofl: All of these harvests are destined for oil production following two weeks in the cold. No better way to end an infestation than making them part of the medicine. :battingeyelashes:

How sweet that you already started hitting the music festivals. Not that I'm surprised, mind you. Music is in your DNA. :hug::hug::hug:

Good evening @Bonsaiweed

I believe I sent it home with Hash Hound. He's fighting thrips, and I seem to recall giving it to him and saying "I can get some from you if I ever need any." Then I promptly forgot all about the conversation. Lol!

It's been a long day. Thankfully, I took a break in the middle and went for a walk along the river and a light lunch with my dear friend, which gave me a much-needed dose of human interaction. Lol! Four plants in one day....I believe the last time I did that was an emergency teardown.

Thank goodness most of this is going into cobs and oils, which frees me from the rigors of a fine trim

I don't wear gloves, because I don't do a close trim, I clip off or pull off the entire leaf and seperate them into fans and sugar leaves. I've become pretty adept at keeping the fingers clean, but when you work with Devil's Carnival you're going to get oily. It's sticky work, but somebody's gotta do it. Lol!

Half of DC 1.3 will be cobbed day after tomorrow, right after I harvest Carnival 4.6. The rest went into bags to dry low and slo with the other girls harvested today.

Jamaican 1.4 (Day 86, flip + 48), Jamacian 1.5 (Day 82, flip + 53), and Devil's Carnival 1.5 (Day 118, flip + 53)

After drying for about four hours buds were clipped into bags and dropped into the crisper drawer for the next two weeks.

Most of the Jamaicans will become acid-cannabinoid infused oil to begin the dosing regimen intended to treat the daughter's liver condition. I haven't approached her yet about the possibility of dropping some vegetarian meals into the menu, but we'll get there eventually. Until then we up the cannabinoid diversity.

Twice the container size = twice the harvest. That doesn't hold true as you go up in container size, or at least it didn't in my garden. The one-gallon size has given the most consistent results.

In my garden part of the yield limitation is what I grow. Devil's Carnival isn't a big yielder, but it's one of the most potent chemovars I grow and it makes a fine pain oil.

I hear Doc in my ear all the time. That won't stop when I stop using the kit. Lol! Heat did me in again, and I'll get it worked out somehow. I haven't yet given it my full focus. So far it hasn't hurt my supply chain enough to be painful, and I have no ego, so I feel no remorse. I'm tired of inviting pests into my garden though, so it will change. :battingeyelashes:

I'm satisfied with these numbers and the time invested in the plants. The future challenge, now that I have my basic chemovars lined up, is to find creative ways to increase yield and quality while still having fun.

One of the reasons I decided to cob the DC was so I could have it hanging in the hall. This girl has a unique fragrance. I bagged her first to preserve as much of that fragrance as possible. Having the second half of the plant to pass as I wander in and out of the kitchen is a joy like no other.

Both of these chemovars have become favorite regular dancers under my flowering lights. I can't wait to see what Dan and his crew at Timber have in mind for the next class. :yahoo:

Three more harvests to go before I leave. Carn on Tuesday, Jamaican 1.3 next week, Black D.O.G. as soon as she's ready. It gets more quiet every day.

I don't know about you, but after all that I'm ready for a blistering buzz. I'm two brownies in today, but four plants down in one day is cause for extra celebration. Join me? :passitleft:

Good evening @Bonsaiweed

Man tht dc is lookn mighty fine congrats on the big harvest 4 in one day wow i bet tht took alil while lol. I was wondering what u meant wen u said u decided to cob the dc?

Man tht dc is lookn mighty fine congrats on the big harvest 4 in one day wow i bet tht took alil while lol. I was wondering what u meant wen u said u decided to cob the dc?

Good evening Jones. :hug: You don't know about cobbing?

We have a thread on that. :cool:

Cobs

Do u mean like the lights like cob led lights??

Oh no Jones. You're in for a treat. Lol! This is a technique for curing that incorporates fermentation. :battingeyelashes:

Here I sit at 2 AM, waiting on the rice to pull enough moisture from these buds that I can go to bed.

Good thing I have fine cannabis to smoke while I wait. :bongrip:

Weekly Update: Tents # 1 & # 2 - Friday, April 27, 2018

If I don't split them up I won't be able to get all the pictures in. Lol!

Tent # 1

I may end up leaving these two to finish while I'm gone, but then again....

You would not believe how delicious it smells in this tent. :slide:

Jamaican 1.3 had a TransWater drench on Monday. She got a bit of defoliation this afternoon. I'll probably not spray her for the thrips. She should come down before I go on vacation and I'll scrub and disinfect the tent.

She's growing exquisite blossoms.

Lots of little buds for the daughter to blend up. We've been talking in the study hall and we believe Dr. Courtney may be seriously overshooting dosing guidelines. THCa is showing efficacy in very low doses in clinical work in legal states. The daughter will be using significantly less than he suggests. That means our harvests will go much further.

My favorite line of buds. Lol!

Black D.O.G. Is showing us what exquisite stands for.

Some nice coloration developing here. :yahoo:

Isn't she beautiful? Geez...... and I let her get thrips.

Tent # 2

The beginning of my delightful thrip adventure.

The Jamaicans come down tomorrow. I purchased some containers to work with the food saver, and I'll set aside enough buds for the daughter to have fresh for a couple weeks, all vacuumed sealed and stored in the fridge. The rest of the buds will be dried low and slo or frozen for her juicing regimen. We're discussing making an acid cannabinoid FHO. That might be the way to go, actually. I even have the little crock pot I bought for just such a moment in time. :battingeyelashes:

Jamaican 1.5 has been contributing budlets so far. She managed to grow quite a bit in that 2-liter bottle.

I remember thinking hempy was a way to grow smaller plants. :rofl:

She has not been a slacker when it comes to the production of her essential oils.

Jamaican 1.4 was the major home for the invasion of thrips. I didn't even notice them until I was putting her back into the tent after taking these pictures. *sigh*

This close to harvest it won't matter much. Ooo..... I just realized I neglected to pick up H2O2 for the budwashing. I'll run over to the Dollar General in the morning before lights on.

She made me proud. :blunt:

She looks a little naked. :rofl:

Candy Cane 4 is bursting at the seams. Lol! Wednesday she had her TransWater drench. I only found a couple leaves with noticable thrip traces, but again, so close to harvest that it's inconsequential.

I figure let her go as long as possible and get her bagged up before I leave.

One more tent to go. :slide:
Wanna talk positive......an old fella I know said he was happy he got spidermites on his girl...... I was like oooohhhh nooo.....but he laughed and showed me the pics.....the plant(s) with mites had more resin/thicker Trichomes.....his theory is that the bugs made the plants kick into "DEFENSE MODE" I seen it with my own eyes......same strain.......but the one with bugs was way more sparkly if you will!!! Blessing in disguise? Just interesting view I thought I'd share. Happpyyy Monday Folks, Friends & Neighbors :rollit::volcano-smiley:

Here I sit at 2 AM, waiting on the rice to pull enough moisture from these buds that I can go to bed.

I just thought I would check as I was on one of my many old man bathroom trips in the middle of the night, and low and behold Sue is up... Then in my baked head I was like " wait it is like 3am"... Huh.... after catching up from Friday :eek:. I better understand... I was kinda thinking to myself as I have followed these last few weeks that you had alot of buds, somewhat smaller than when I first started following last year... But yummy looking just the same.... And I am interested in how you are battling the pest issues... Green Days

Back
Top Bottom