Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL - LED

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

MInerals and microbes.....not just one or the other. Minerals, microbes....then magic. That's what's on my T-shirts.

Minerals, microbes, magic. It's what makes both of these soils the smarter choice. I'm really looking forward to working them side-by-side. I found myself wondering if they would feed off each other's energy in'a shared SWICK? Hmmmmm.

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

thank you for the explanation Sue & Doc :love:

it actually made a lot of sense and put some of my long unanswered questions to ease, like why plants are getting burned in certain situations. I get it know, the soil is actually too toxic to plant anything before it's properly cooked and as result to that if you do so the plant will burn.

:thanks:

thank you for the explanation Sue & Doc :love:

it actually made a lot of sense and put some of my long unanswered questions to ease, like why plants are getting burned in certain situations. I get it know, the soil is actually too toxic to plant anything before it's properly cooked and as result to that if you do so the plant will burn.

:thanks:

That and you've simply got far too much stuff in the soil, including and especially organic matter, for the microbes to work.

Think of volcanic soil. How many cows have defecated on the slope of a volcano? How much "compost" was put down? What's in that incredibly fertile soil?

MINERALS and MICROBES!

The organic matter is often WAY overdone. You just need enough to recharge the battery.....about 200 to 400 ergs. ERG= Energy Released per gram per second. 200-400 microsiemens. Anything over 1000 indicates a salt problem.

My organic soils tested out at over 2000 ERGS.......I had bugs. My plants actually grew, but not like they do now!

Morning all!
Quick question about soil"cooking".
I've a got a pretty dense soil recipe outside that's been cooking for about a week now and I was just curious if it would be beneficial to the soil if different types of minerals and nutrients were added at different times during the process. The reason I ask is because I'm sure different foods breakdown easier than others. Are the ones that break down quicker going to be as effective if they have been present longer?
Sue that bud looks delicious how does it smell? How long did you cure for ??

That and you've simply got far too much stuff in the soil, including and especially organic matter, for the microbes to work.

Think of volcanic soil. How many cows have defecated on the slope of a volcano? How much "compost" was put down? What's in that incredibly fertile soil?

MINERALS and MICROBES!

The organic matter is often WAY overdone. You just need enough to recharge the battery.....about 200 to 400 ergs. ERG= Energy Released per gram per second. 200-400 microsiemens. Anything over 1000 indicates a salt problem.

My organic soils tested out at over 2000 ERGS.......I had bugs. My plants actually grew, but not like they do now!

OK - this thought on ERGs coupled with Rascio's thoughts on rain forest soils where the fauna are more dependent on the biota, in particular the mycorrhizae, to thrive. Volcanic soils, glacial rock dust, mineralized organic soils.

Things are beginning to click in an interesting way in my brain. So much of this is still over my pay grade guys, and life keeps getting in the way of information submersion, my favorite method of learning. Be patient with me. I'm starting to catch on.

I know my Clackamas Coots-style soil mix grows strong, healthy and potent cannabis with little effort. I'm about to learn the capabilities of High Brix soil. I need to study the two mixes more closely until my mind can overlay them and show me the distinctive points that make each excell. Then I can begin to formulate a way to try to subtly improve each method. My first interest is in increasing the brix of LOS without sacrificing the fundamental concepts of the recipe. It's considered a gold standard for a reason. I'd also like to see if I can find a way to make the kit soil a no-till and introduce some mulches into the mix. That naked soil surface makes my LOS brain edgy. LOL!

But I need to watch a plant (plants DrZiggy? :laughtwo: ) grow in this HB mix first. Excited guys!

My study is just a bit on hold. I know I won't be able to focus on that right now. Time must be invested in the mystery of Dale's latest health issues. Still no clear indicators of an answer. He's not eating and is becoming lethargic. Minimally responsive, but there if you call him out. He just sinks back down as soon as you look away. Evidence of a "cardiac event", whatever that means. It means no one wants to believe it's very significant. Hemoglobin is dropping, a sign of possible internal bleeding. No signs of infection. Whew! It's only 11:20 AM!

Still in limbo. (Sigh)

Mixing LOS this evening will be a much-needed recharge.

(((((((SweetSue))))))) :love: May the Energy of the Verse be with Sue and Dale. :love:

Morning all!
Quick question about soil"cooking".
I've a got a pretty dense soil recipe outside that's been cooking for about a week now and I was just curious if it would be beneficial to the soil if different types of minerals and nutrients were added at different times during the process. The reason I ask is because I'm sure different foods breakdown easier than others. Are the ones that break down quicker going to be as effective if they have been present longer?
Sue that bud looks delicious how does it smell? How long did you cure for ??

It's not like the nutrients that break down earlier will be washed away. There is this marvelous transition going on in the soil as it cooks. Microbes proliferate and things begin to be eaten and those feasters then become meals for others, so all these micro nutrients are making their way through the guts of uncounted biota until the plants call for them and the herd supplies the need. This is a very romantic way of simplifying a very complex system that I am only beginning to understand.

Mix everything up in the beginning. Let the herd take it from there. Evolution has prepared them for this destiny.

The Bomb's buds are growing tastier by the day. The terpenes are strongly suggestive of chamomile, and in the past two days the taste of chamomile is undeniable. Smokes smooth, sticky as can be after, what was it - five weeks in cure? A steady 5-6 "cannabis fragments" hits for a sweet and happy buzz that carries for hours. She always slows my step down just a notch to remind me to take a look around and appreciate the beauty around me. I'm pretty partial to it for the terpenes alone.

Wow! I'm beginning to sound like I actually know what I'm talking about. :laughtwo::green_heart:

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I'll wager you a free kit that the mix you have listed above will result in crispy, yellow plants.

The total volume of my amendment package for the same bale of soil is 1 cup! You've got six times that in epsom salts alone!

Yikes! Where did you get that recipe?

Sounds like someone trying to beat their chest on a forum.. If that help boost up your confidence have at it bro..
But...
I'll take your bet and raise you 1k

Sounds like someone trying to beat their chest on a forum.. If that help boost up your confidence have at it bro..
But...

And I'll raise you 10g's

6 cups of epsom is gonna create such a toxic environment you will be fighting potential major lock ups.

I too am interested where this recipe originated.
I swore I'd stay out of this thread but that raise 1k made me laugh my ass off. I've got that in hand let's make a wager

But...

LOL, you should post some pictures of your own results so we can see how well it has worked for you! We all like to beat our chests occasionally don't we? Go ahead - let's see whatcha got. :;):

But...

Funny, when you started a thread with this very recipe the response you got was similar. Why didn't you respond as rude there? You think he's dicking with you? Beating his chest, man that's rich with foolishness.

Why ask then? I mean your mind is made up, so, what is the point. Pretty immature if you ask me. Take your toys and go, nobody wants to play with you.

Here's an example to compare to. If you're doing better, I'm sure we all want to use your recipe. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Picture_017131.jpg

Boys, please. 420Pursuit, you must have some reason for choosing this recipe. It might be more helpful if you could explain your reasoning. This is NOT a competition. My impression is that you wanted some confirmation that this was a good recipe and the response wasn't what you expected. Please give some thought to a response that gives us a better insight into your thinking.

Doc's HB kit is a proven performer. That's why I'm excited to get the opportunity to watch this different version of living soil. Let's please dispense with the "mine is better than yours" mentality and get back to the business if talking about a good recipe for LOS.

Thank you.

But...

Of course, I don't expect you to cough up 1000 in a bet. But I'll hold good on my end of the deal.

Your plants will be crispy and yellow, with brown edges and twisted up leaves, of which there will be very few if you use that mix.

But don't listen to me! I obviously just come here to beat my chest. I've got nothing but empty words to back up what I'm saying.....well, that and a few thousand pictures and several hundred people who buy my soil kit who have similar pictures, etc.

That's nothing compared with you!

Back
Top Bottom