TerpKing - First Grow - Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk - Hydro - 600W MH/HPS

Just as little update for everyone.

They seem to be growing well atmo, they've really filled in over the last 5 days. I have been noticing some slight burning on a few of the plants older leaves, it seems to be on the edges of the leaves. I'll supply some photos at the end. It doesn't seem to have spread to any of the newer leaves, all new shoots seem to be doing well. Not sure if this is still because I'm getting a PH swing and having to re-adjust after every feeding still as the pebbles are doing my head in lol. If I set PH at 5.4/5.5 it will rise to 6.0 after flooding and draining back to reservoir.

I topped all the new shoots again last night. Plants seem to have quite a few tops now after tying them down and topping, things seem to be going well and bushing out nicely.

Daytime ambient temps have been between 24c - 26.5c, night time ambient temps between 17.5c - 19c. Humidity has been between 50%-65%. Plants are still on 18/6 atmo with 3x feedings a day whilst lights on.

I done a full reservoir change yesterday. Magne-Cal 0.3 Ec, greenhaze a&b 0.9 Ec. Final Ec was 1.2, will let rise from 1.2 up to 1.4 before knocking back down again, Root excellarator at 0.3ml a litre. Been keeping reservoir temps between 19c-22c.

Thinking In a week or so will be time to flip them over to flower?

Hope all is well with everyone and if you think there is anything I'm missing or haven't done correctly feel free to chime in...

420-magazine-mobile89860539.jpg
420-magazine-mobile132747139.jpg
420-magazine-mobile111029603.jpg
420-magazine-mobile36452791.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1773652123.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1088914424.jpg
420-magazine-mobile270018687.jpg
420-magazine-mobile660052394.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2100869337.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1305718408.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1120730833.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1018441466.jpg
420-magazine-mobile690593896.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1297643938.jpg

vegging another week will be pushing it mate. they will fill out a lot when you flip. I'd personally give them a couple of days and flip. Its calmag the problem with the leaves. dont worry about it. knock your feed up to 0.4ec calmag and up to 1.4-1.5ec total.

what is your feed for flower?

Ahh ok, I was gonna wait till Monday-ish as ya said two weeks on the 1st of the month. Oki koki, that's no problem bringing it forward if that's what you suggest. I'll give them a few days to recover from the topping last night and then get things prepared for flip.

Ok I will add some extra 0.1 calmag to res and bring the EC up slightly on the nutes too.

I'm not 100% on how I'm going to feed for flower just yet if I'm honest. I was going to take another look at your feeding chart you provided. The nutes I've got are some house and garden hydro a&b which I need to use up. I also have some big bud which is a booster. I also have a couple of packs of shooting powder also.

420-magazine-mobile1665590109.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1300462506.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1133661640.jpg

You could wait til monday.

they shooting powder is a bad idea in that set up as it settles in the res. i stopped using that years ago. Its ok for soil or hand fed coco but much much better things out there now.

if I were you id grab some ionic hydro bloom and some buddhas tree pk and metaboost. theres other things that you could use but those will make nutes easy to manage and will give good results. The ionic is mega easy to use. just pour it in until you get the ec you require and it works well.

Monday it is, exciting times!

OK no problem, thanks for the info on the shooting powder. I was given the shooting powder by a friend along with the hydro a&b so no loss there I guess.

Yeah you said about the ionic being much easier to use. I think I mite just bite the bullet then and go grab the stuff you have suggested to make life easier for me, then I can follow your feeding schedule far easier. I was just trying to use up everything I had here before buying anything new.
I run out of the Aquaflakes now, so just finishing up using the last of growth technologys greenhaze a&b veg nutes, think that's by the same people that make the ionic you've suggested? I'm going to swap over to the PH perfect veg nutes you suggested for veg too as soon as that's gone.

Also for the first week of flower I continue feeding veg nutes is that correct? I'm going to have another read through your feed schedule and prepare myself with the knowledge from your journal for flipping them over to flower, never got this far before so this is all new territory.

OK just having a look at what it is I need to pick up.

Buddha's Tree PK 9-18, Buddha's Tree Advanced Meta-Boost and Growth Technologys Ionic Hydro Bloom? I take it for R/O water I use the software version as I'll be adding my own calmag to the water?

yes. exactly but start the bloom as soon as you flip. add the roots excel for the first two weeks and top feed some great white mycorrhizae if you want explosive root growth. Id def add it as its worth the bang for the buck it gives. 2 scoops in 10litres of feed and just water around the root zone of each plant. Just pull 10 litres out the res once you have mixed it up and add the powder too that. if you add the powder to the res it just sit in bottom of the tank.

Awesome, I'll pick up those 3 nutrients over the weekend ready for Monday when I flip to 12/12.

Ok, I thought for some reason once I flip that I still need to feed the veg nutes for the first week that they transition from veg to flower. So on Monday when I flip to flower I go ahead and start feeding the ionic Bloom straight away? Will use root excellarator for first two weeks, was going to ask how long I use that for info flower, thanks. Will take out 10l of water from res once mixed it up and add two scoops of great white and will top feed around the roots. Sounds better than having it sit at the bottom of the reservoir.

Also do you do any of these 24 hour lights out before flipping to flower? My lights are off from 12:00 - 18:00 atmo. I plan on running them on 19:00 - 07:00 for flower. Would I just leave them go from Monday night 18:00 - 07:00 Tuesday morning then keep them off from 07:00 to to 19:00 and repeat that off cycle so they run on from 19:00 - 07:00 every day?

Sorry for the basic questions, just thought may as well ask the professional lol?

i used to run dark cycles but it doesnt make much difference at all in the end result. id just switch your timer to 1900--0700. And mix your res with 0.4ec calmag, bumped up to 1.5ec with ionic bloom. you could add flower burst if you like, i use it and it does give results but if you want to keep budget down you can leave it out.

Oki koki, thanks for that info, I'll switch the timers Monday to 19:00-07:00. Perfect thanks cultivator, will mix nutrients just like you said. Will add a bottle of Buddha's Tree Flower Burst too the list, I'll pick that up alongside the other 3 items over the weekend ready for Monday. Will also grab a Scrog net whilst I'm there too.

For the flower burst, PK 9-18 and Meta-Boost, do I mix up my base nutrient to the required EC say 1.5 and then add on top, or do they get included in the total EC?

Perfect, thanks cultivator. I take it after 3 weeks you stop using the flower burst and then switch too PK 9-18 and Meta-Boost from then till you start your flush for the final week of flower?

Do you think it's worth using supplemental co2 with this grow? I have a co2 tank with a evolution co2 regulator that goes on top of the bottle and a co2 ppm controller by superpro which plugs into the wall with a sensor which goes inside tent. I've seen how you can run a tube with holes in around the plant canopy from the tank to release the co2 around the plants. Not sure if you'd suggest I just leave this for now until I've got a couple of grows underneath my belt, not sure if you'd say it would make things more complicated for me as a beginner on my first go or if it would be beneficial?

just leave it this run. then maybe run it next run to see what difference it makes. co2 is good but im not a fan of running it in extracted rooms as its wasted really. if your space has air exchange 3 or 4 times per min that co2 gets sucked straight out. Id suggest running it in veg and turn extraction off if heat allows and then you will get the benefits of a faster veg period. Dont worry about that for now mate.

Yes run the flower burst for 3 weeks then switch to the pk and meta boost. on an 8 week strain you could switch after 2 weeks but just see how the plants grow first. The Buddhas tree brand are really great and good value for money. I swear by them now and ive used all the top brands. you can use the pk without the metaboost and get huge buds but the quality isnt as good when using that alone. My recipe works, trust me on that ;)

I had a feeling that would be the answer. Yeah I watched a couple of videos from The Growboss about co2, he said the same thing as you about extracted rooms. Only way to really do it is with the tube running around the canopy and trying to switch fans off for a bit, but it could get too hot, also like you said if fans are on it all comes out of the tent and is wasted. Cheers for the great advice as always.

Lovely jubbly, we will keep an eye on them and see how they progress over the two or three weeks and pick the correct time to swap over to the PK and Meta-Boost. Nice, I like it when stuff comes recommended by someone with experience too, so going to pick up all 3 Buddha's Tree and ionic over the weekend. Definitely gonna get the Meta-Boost, got so many biostimulants in which really help, was looking at what was in them last night and I defintley want quality too. Haha, I've seen your flowers and defintley know your recipes work. I have full trust in you!

I've seen sometimes the incredible bulk can finish in 7 weeks, do you have much experience with that? I read that on the website about the seeds. Wasn't sure how true that was or not?

Defintley will be trying to take it to 8 weeks then, quality is definitely important too me.

I need to grab a handheld mircroscope for looking at the trichomes, is this how you judge when your plants are ready to begin flush and harvest and do you recommend any microscopes which you've used?

I've read for best THC content is too look at the trichomes and cut the plant down when most of them are milky/ cloudy. My question is how would I judge this time scale if I want to make sure I flush for a week before they turn milky/cloudy? I'm thinking this because if you flush too early they won't have enough nutrients to carry them on, or if I flush too late I miss the window and would have to allow them to go for longer till the flush is done?

Back
Top Bottom