TerpKing - First Grow - Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk - Hydro - 600W MH/HPS

My tap water comes out of the tap at 0.6 EC. I decided to get an R/O water filter as I thought my water was pretty shitty and wasn't sure what was in it so I thought the R/O filter would give me a better end product, so I thought it would be better for that reason. Will avoid canna from now on, I didn't realise their stuff was so bad until I've seen you say in your journals a few times, does that count for the cannazyme also?

Yeah no problems I'll update tomorrow. It was reset to 5.4 after the last flood at 18:30, will leave it and check it in the morn after the flood at 02:15 and keep an eye after each flood and report the results as each flood happens.

Me too pal, absolutely knackered, sleep well and thanks for all the advice and help today. Speak tomorrow! ☺️

Hey Dick23rk, hope all is well with you? Thanks for coming by and checking my journal out, appreciate it. Thanks man, I'm pretty chuffed how things have been going so far, I'm not gonna lie, I've had some fantastic help coming from Mr Cultivator, he really knows his stuff and has really been pointing me in the correct direction. I can't thank him enough :)! Awesome, be good to have you around buddy, be good to see what your up too as well if you're planning on doing any journals, I can't stop myself wanting to learn more! That's great that you can learn a thing or too in here, I've learnt so much since I've been on this website, I have a feeling there is a whole lot more learning to come too! Thanks pal, I intend to do my best ;)!

Things are going well, yes. Thanks. You really are getting pointed in the right direction, it is showing in the garden for sure! This forum is quite the knowledge based place, lots of great info. There is still some bad info out there though so do beware :) A lot of times it is all in how things work for that particular person at the end of the day, some things could work for 10 people and be disastrous for 1. I am still wondering around and playing with different ways of growing to see what works best for me. I do have a journal in progress in my signature below, things have kind of slowed down for me but will all be changing again here in a couple of weeks and will be taking off. I had some issues growing upstairs and had to go back to the basement, so I decided to build a divided room for veg and flower. I didn't have these options before so now it's just to play the waiting game. Pop on by and see what's up, I could use some more traffic and chatter :)

Glad too hear things are going well :)! Thanks, appreciate the kind words, I still have a hell of a lot to learn, but I most certainly enjoying the journey and the learning so far. It's a bloody great knowledge base for sure. You're correct about the bad knowledge going around, Cultivator put me on the right track there too, only take advice from people who can back up what they say with proof, I think that's a really good way to go about it. I don't have any experience with anything other than hydro as of yet, Im toying with the idea of giving coco a go after speaking to cultivator, going to see how I get on with this though first. Awesome, I'll jump on a browser and sub up and check it out, I couldn't see your signature at the bottom on the app. The divided room for veg and flower sounds awesome, a constant stream of plants ready to be flowered, can't go wrong with that ;). I'll Defintley pop on by and check what's going on!

I decided to recalibrate both PH pens this morning to do a fair test with the PH swing, I hadn't calibrated the one I was using since Tuesdsy so thought it would be better to know both are on point. Both also had new batteries when I got the broken one replaced a couple of weeks ago.

I reset the PH in the res, pen 1 - 5.4, pen 2 - 5.5. EC had risen from 1.4 to 1.5, EC hadn't budged for days though, it was sitting steady at 1.4, I've left it at 1.5. They're just getting their first flood now since I reset and recalibrated everything. I will update the results once its finished and settled down!

i calibrate my ph meter once every 3 months lol. I use the essentials digital ph pen. you shouldnt need to calibrate every week if its a decent meter but of course it helps to be sure its on track. Dont worry about the ec rising, dont add any water. just do nothing. you can check ph but just let it rise for now. give it till tomorro and see if it keeps climbing or if it finds a buffer zone.

Yeah I don't think I need to calibrate once a week, I know it's most likely over kill. I've just tried to keep doing it as good practice because of the problems I had with the old Pen and don't want to run into the same problems again. The guy swapped my HM digital one for me, I'll invest in the same as you've got next time. The old one(PH pen 2) was still spot on in calibration, the newer one(PH pen 1) I'd been using had moved off by .2. Not sure if that's cause I've been using it 3x a day though, it's been really getting some use.

Yeah I haven't been adding any water back now at all, I've been happy to let the EC move more after you filled me with the confidence too not worry so much about small fluctuations in EC and have been more concerned with PH.

Ok so I've just checked everything before lights out. So after flood 1 EC was still at 1.5. PH pen 1 has gone from 5.4 and is now reading at 5.8. PH pen 2 has gone from 5.5 and is now reading at 5.9. I've left everything as is, and am only testing for fluctuation and making no adjustments what so ever.

I will update with the results of flood 2 once it happens at about half 6, I'll leave it to settle for a while after then I'll post up my findings!

So I just checked the reservoir for fluctuations after flood number 2, the readings are as follows. PH pen 1 is saying 6.1, PH pen 2 is saying 6.1. EC had stayed the same.

Will do pal! They got 2 more floods to come. 1 flood at 02:15 tomorrow morning and another 10:15 tomorrow morning. After that I'm going to drain out the res and replace with flower nutes ready for tomorrow night once the lights come back on at 19:00.

Will report back the results of the next two floods once they've happened. Thanks Cult!

Just checked the reservoir for fluctuations. Results of flood number 3 are as follows. PH pen 1 is saying 6.3, PH pen 2 is saying 6.3. EC has stayed the same at 1.5.

Just checked the reservoir before draining it out. After flood 4 the results are as follows. PH pen 1 is saying 6.4 and PH pen 2 is saying 6.4. EC had stayed the same at 1.5.

When mixing up my flowering nutrients ready I noticed it took a lot more silicon to up the ph than what I was using with the veg nutes!

Monday 14th November will be my first day of flower. After my last flood on grow nutrients I started preparing everything to be swapped over for flowering stage. The girls are asleep atmo and lights will come back on at 19:00 and go off at 07:00. I'll supply some pictures later when everything is on.

I took out the 600w MH light and moved in two 600w hortilux HPS lights, both have brand new Gavita bulbs in them. I've moved the 315w D-Pappilon into the middle of the tent in between the two HPS lights.

Atmo I've started off with the HPS bulbs at 16 Inches above the tops of the canopy, does this seem an OK distance for new 600w bulbs? The D-Pappilon is at about 14 inches atmo, although I know that can go slightly lower, I'm gonna wait till everything is on later and assess the situation.

I drained out all the old nutrients from the reservoir and replaced them with bloom nutrients. The mix is as follows:

Plant Magic Magne-Cal - 0.3 EC
Growth Technology Ionic Bloom - 1.2 EC
Buddha's Tree Flower Burst - 0.25ml litre
House & Garden Root Excellarator - 0.3ml litre
Canna Cannazym - 2.5ml litre

Ec after adding Magne-Cal and Ionic Bloom was 1.5, after checking with everything else added it was at 1.6.
I used Growth Technology Liquid silicon too adjust PH to bring it up.
After everything was mixed up well I ended up with PH - 5.5, Ec - 1.6.

I've removed 10 litres of water from the reservoir, I've got that separate in a bucket atmo and when lights come on later I'm going to mix in two scoops of Great White Mycorrhizae and top feed around the roots of the plants.

Good stuff, glad it all sounds OK. Hoping it responds better than the grow nutes for sure, they were all over the place. Gonna keep an eye on it and will update the results.

Here's some pictures of what's going on atmo.

Some of the leaves have a slight tacoing, it was all entirely my fault though. I accidently turned the plug off for the oscillating fan and the fan controller which was controlling the extraction fan. It was turned off for about 35 to 40 minutes before I realised and the ambient temperature had gotten up to 32. Was horrified when I noticed. What a stupid mistake to make, lucky I noticed when I did, it could have been a lot worse. I did this on Friday. Apart from that everything seems to be ok. They seem to be really filling out now.

420-magazine-mobile1434958309.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1842532459.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1791685935.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1943967077.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1317929233.jpg
420-magazine-mobile238611334.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1443283995.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2106570283.jpg
420-magazine-mobile187314027.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1572650871.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1717925884.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1292595406.jpg

OK mate. Silly question, but should I be bending the same way i did in the beginning, should I tie them down to the sides of the tray?

Also you said not to add the Scrog till week two, was that correct as I think you told me to let them stretch out a bit first.

I know, they really shot up last week, I think they must have got some good roots going on at first and now they're taking off. I'll let them grow for tonight, see how they're tomorrow night and start figuring out ways to bend and hold them down. I'm a bit scared of super cropping and breaking any stems. Will it be good to use garden wire again to pull them apart and then tape the wire to the side of the tray with tape?

I've taken the warning that they will stretch, will do my best to tie and hold these girls down, this is all going to be a learning curve, first time flowering, I'm a bit nervous and have no idea quite what to expect and how the plants will react. I'm sure it will be exciting and maybe a little bit stressful!

I also just checked the res after the first flood. It went from 5.5 on both pens to 5.8 on both pens. EC stayed the same at 1.6. Something really doesn't want to give me a break with this PH swing.

Back
Top Bottom