TerpKing - First Grow - Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk - Hydro - 600W MH/HPS

that was with flower nutes? .3 raise is normal. dont worry. dont ph adjust after every flood. daily at most.

just tie them down with twisty ties but dont strangle the branches. they will grow fast now, really fast. dont break branches just try to stop them shooting up. might be a good idea to add net now and squash them down then put a 2nd net on at end week 2 for support.

Yes matey, that was with the flower nutes. Yeah not gonna PH gonna leave it and see where it goes for now, fingers crossed will staet to settle soon.

When you say squash them down, do you mean squash them down with the net. Cable tie the net up and then lower it down so it's squashing them down? I bought enough net to do two layers anyway as I've seen other people do a couple of layers. I decided gonna get in there in a min and hold everything down with the ties with a big loop around the branches so they have room to move. I want to hold them all down now as they've been growing so quickly if I leave it till tomorrow they mite shoot up even faster lol. Preparing myself for the growth spurt now. I wanna be ready!

I tried to get the netting sorted tonight, I just couldn't get it all pulled apart and to stay apart. Everytime I stretched a bit out it just all springs back together. It's a white plastic netting which has all been wrapped up together, it was very infuriating trying to do it alone. It just wasn't having any of it. Gonna have to inlist some help to get that up.

I ended up tying down as many of the main stems as i could, it Defintley looks better than it was. Unfortunately I must have been a little bit too rough with one of the plants whilst trying to bend and hold it down and ended up breaking the top two main shoots of the plant. I was bloody gutted, but there is nothing I can do about it now, it's all a learning curve and I'm lucky I've got a lot of plants in there to fill the space.

This is what it looks like now after being tied down.

420-magazine-mobile282102778.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1207109106.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1061478734.jpg
420-magazine-mobile771079638.jpg
420-magazine-mobile167293447.jpg
420-magazine-mobile713421030.jpg
420-magazine-mobile334366594.jpg

Here's the unlucly girl that got damaged, I hope she pulls through the damage ok :(!

420-magazine-mobile651819682.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1219197093.jpg

Yeah I'm not gonna worry too much, mistakes happen, it could have been worse lol. Gonna try get the first layer of the net up tonight when lights come back on. It's amazing how quickly they start to right themselves.

I checked the PH and EC this morning quickly. PH was at 6.2 after all 3 floods and the EC stayed at 1.6, I'll adjust it once a day just before first flood and see how that works out for now.

My daytime ambient temperature was between 26.0c/27.2c. Humidity was kept between 55%/60%. Night time temperature is 19/20c roughly so far. I seem to have problems keeping my humidity in check at night times, it's at 69% atmo and will continue rising into the 70%s, is this going to be a problem? I have a 10l dimplex dehumidifier and my verdict is its shit, it barely makes a difference and probably isn't worth the electricity to run lol. It's been raining in the UK and humidity in the room alone is at 64%. I'm wondering what else I can do to try and lower the humidity a bit.

I snapped some pictures just before lights went out.

420-magazine-mobile1689957428.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1879596110.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1270100451.jpg
420-magazine-mobile538975725.jpg

Looking great over here today TK! Sorry to hear about the tops of that 1 gal, mistakes do happen and you sure have enough to make up for it lol, that plant will likely bush right out on ya now so no worries man. Cult sure is giving you top advice, every little thing you need my friend! I can't wait to see these babies budding.

Thanks dick, I'm pretty chuffed with how it's all going so far! Not doing to bad for a newbie :). Thanks pal, I was pretty gutted, I couldn't believe it when I done it. That's it, mistakes do happen and you have to treat it as a learning curve. Will be excited to hopefully see her busy out Now, I guess she will send those hormones down to lower branches now. Yeah this is true, I Defintley have enough to make up for it, haha. Tell me about it, the guy is a plant guru, he's been dropping nothing but top advice from the start, I really appreciate his help and knowledge! Me too, I'm so excited yet nervous at the same time as I'm not quite sure what to expect. I've been told they're going to bloody take off and grow like stink tho, preparing myself for it mentally lol. Going to try and get the first layer of Scrog net up today or tomorrow, just trying to get some help with that as the netting is rather fiddly, it's all bunches back up when I try to pull it apart. Once I've got it up going to push it down on top of the plants and weave the shoots I couldn't manage to get tie down through it. It's going to be an exciting couple of weeks I think. ;)

Very good my friend! That's the wonderful thing about hydro, the growth rate is usually a lot quicker :) That is why I am going to get back to hempy buckets like my last grow, they worked so well for the 2 strains I grew that I want to try them again. This whole soilless dirt thing just isn't working so well.. Not sure if it was the seedling starter mix that I used or not, I'm still going to keep trying though. I have a bale of Promix HP that I will use from start to finish and add liquid nutes, see how that pans out. Maybe do some side x side experiments with the Promix vs perlite hempy's.

I see you're having trouble with some netting, it must be a roll of it lol Have you thought about just cutting of the length you need and maybe finding some strapping wood or 1x1 pieces that you could make a frame around it to hold it tight and flat? While doing so you could just lay something heavy on each corner and work on it. Just a thought, only working with the information given :)

Just a quick little update for all.

We have the first layer of Scrog net up. I cut the netting to roughly 2.4 metres, I then got somebody to help me stretch it out to make it a bit easier to work with. Looking much better in there now and much more even. Hopefully it will slow them down a little bit. I cable tied each corner to the pole in each corner of the tent and one cable tie on each side in the middle. Once I had the Scrog net up I slowly pulled it down over the plants. I then weaved the plants through the netting till I achieved a semi even canopy. :)

Here's a bunch of pictures of the end result.
420-magazine-mobile58649277.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1514982643.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2029808906.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1542153582.jpg
420-magazine-mobile246046265.jpg
420-magazine-mobile92052330.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1135508628.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1291309722.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1837956287.jpg

Very good my friend! That's the wonderful thing about hydro, the growth rate is usually a lot quicker :) That is why I am going to get back to hempy buckets like my last grow, they worked so well for the 2 strains I grew that I want to try them again. This whole soilless dirt thing just isn't working so well.. Not sure if it was the seedling starter mix that I used or not, I'm still going to keep trying though. I have a bale of Promix HP that I will use from start to finish and add liquid nutes, see how that pans out. Maybe do some side x side experiments with the Promix vs perlite hempy's.

I see you're having trouble with some netting, it must be a roll of it lol Have you thought about just cutting of the length you need and maybe finding some strapping wood or 1x1 pieces that you could make a frame around it to hold it tight and flat? While doing so you could just lay something heavy on each corner and work on it. Just a thought, only working with the information given :)
Thanks pal :). Yeah I know, they grow so quickly in hydro, you look at them the next day and you can clearly see they've been growing, it's so speedy. Yeah I know what you mean, I really didn't fancy growing in soil lol, wasn't for me. That's it, never give up, practice makes perfect. It will be interesting to see what a hempy bucket looks like, I've not seen one of them before. Although I've just seen you've had a fantastic offer from Mr Cultivator, I'd snap at that if I were you ;). His plants grown in coco coir are just simply divine. I'm also interested in seeing about coco coir after I've finished with this grow. Especially after seeing the beauty's that's Cultivator grows in the stuff, they all turn out amazing! I know it's not just the coco coir, it's his skill and knowledge too. I've also been told by him it may be a little bit easier for me to achieve better results as a newbie using coco coir.

Haha, that's exactly what it was dick, you guessed it in one. Big ball of netting all wrapped up. Thanks for the helpful ideas, appreciate it. Last night I was being a bit daft trying to untangle the whole roll, it was really late and I was tired and not thinking to the best of my ability. Today I measured out 2.4 meters then snipped along and separated it from the ball of chaos. Once separated it was far easier to work with. I managed to get someone to help me stretch it out too, was easy peasy after that. I've just stuck up a post with some pictures updating the progress, it's not looking too bad now. Even if I do say so myself. :)

Just a little update for everyone.

Things seem to be going pretty well so far. They're definitely growing fast, I keep tucking them down and weaving them through the net where I can. Keeping a semi even canopy so far, it's not looking too bad.

The EC had risen to 1.8 so I knocked it back down to 1.6 and added another 28l of nutes to the res as it was getting a little low when it was flooding the top. I went with the same nute mix as before. Once I added it to the res I checked the EC again and it was at 1.5. I left it at that and then went ahead and adjusted the PH back down to 5.5. I've also only been readjusting the PH once a day at the beginning of lights on before the first flood. By the time I check it again at the beginning of lights on its usually back up around 6.1 or 6.2 after all 3 feedings, doesn't seem too bad to me.

I've been keeping the ambient daytime temperatures between 25c-26.5c, night time temperatures have been between 18.5c-20.5c. Daytime humidity has been between 50%-60%, night time humidity between 55%-65%. Seems to be a bit less humid now its not raining as much which as been helping with night time humidity.

Here's a some pictures of what's been going on.

420-magazine-mobile1384666390.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1087997461.jpg
420-magazine-mobile910497416.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1777784703.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1266152400.jpg
420-magazine-mobile551327032.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1964610292.jpg
420-magazine-mobile417620813.jpg

Back
Top Bottom