TerpKing - First Grow - Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk - Hydro - 600W MH/HPS

Terps this grow is sick mate, great result! Super handy for me as i'm just a few week behind u. Got me worried about budrot tho, RH is consistently around 55% with lights on but probs increase during lights off. Like u, i've got 3 x osc fans, 2 on canopy, 1 underneath. Did u say u tried a dehumidifier and found it to be no good? Mind if I ask what sort/size it was and what your grow space is? Also, did u carry out any defoliation of the canopy?

Cheers n congrats again

Cheers for that canno, food for thought but i'm less sure about defoliating canopy that I have been about lollipoppong underneath. Maybe need to look into it more.

Terps, also, looking at ur earlier posts n just saw those little marks on ur young plants leaves, did u ever get to the bottom of what that was? FYI, I had exactly the same marks on a couple of my IB's but couldn't diagnose it, they were never a problem and got lollipopped-off in the end anyway.

Lastly, what wattage lights were u using when at full swing? Cheers

Terps this grow is sick mate, great result! Super handy for me as i'm just a few week behind u. Got me worried about budrot tho, RH is consistently around 55% with lights on but probs increase during lights off. Like u, i've got 3 x osc fans, 2 on canopy, 1 underneath. Did u say u tried a dehumidifier and found it to be no good? Mind if I ask what sort/size it was and what your grow space is? Also, did u carry out any defoliation of the canopy?

Cheers n congrats again

Hey Zamabeezi. Thanks very much pal, appreciate it. I was really chuffed with the results for my first attempt! Gonna be time for the smoke test soon too, exciting times ahead. I also just orders some Holy Grail Kush seeds by DNA Genetics for my next run. Hopefully they will be here early next week so I can begin germinating them.

Yeah mate my R/H was usually always on the higher end as well, it was worse at lights off. The oscillating fans definitely play a big part, I think stagnant air is the main problem, make sure the oscillating fans are blowing across the top of the canopy and one blowing from the floor up through the canopy. I also had my extraction fan on full speed during the last 4 weeks of flowering.

Yes I have a dehumidifier, it's a 10l an hour dimplex one. It does work and collect water, but it just doesn't make a huge difference very quickly, I think I could most probably do with a slightly bigger one. I did find it would lower the humidity but it wouldnt drop it by a lot. I tried using it in the tent, it raised the temp in the tent but wasn't really dropping the humidity too much as I think the air was being extracted too quickly, but the room the tent was in was also humid, so if its sucking in humid air at 60% R/H already there isn't much the dehumidifier can do in the tent. I tried it out side the tent and found it to be best but it still wouldn't be able to drop my R/H of my room by say 20% it would be more like 5% or 10% if I was lucky. I didn't defoliate my plants again after week 3, but I did however remove fan leaves blocking buds sites through the top of the canopy or places I felt were too thick when I defoliated the bottom 1/3rd of the plants. I didn't go too crazy though as it was my first time and was a bit nervous but next time I now know I can take a little bit more off with confidence.

Cheers for that canno, food for thought but i'm less sure about defoliating canopy that I have been about lollipoppong underneath. Maybe need to look into it more.

Terps, also, looking at ur earlier posts n just saw those little marks on ur young plants leaves, did u ever get to the bottom of what that was? FYI, I had exactly the same marks on a couple of my IB's but couldn't diagnose it, they were never a problem and got lollipopped-off in the end anyway.

Lastly, what wattage lights were u using when at full swing? Cheers

Yes, the plants were suffering from what I believe we figured out to be a magnesium deficiency in the end. I also did have a broken PH pen so that would explain why the plant was locked out of nutrients, my PH pen was off by 1.0. Luckily the shop replaced it for me as it was under warranty. I also found that the problem didn't spread or cause any more problems.

I was using 2x 600w HPS Hortilux HSE lights and in the middle of them I had a 315w D-Papillon on a day light bulb giving out a different colour spectrum to the HPS bulbs.

Any time pal, don't mention it.

If you do defole though it will also help to lower rh because their is less leaves to transpire

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
Yeah pretty sure I did notice a difference in transpiration after defoliation. I also found you need to be a lot more careful with your nutes after you defoliate as my girls were taking up a lot more water than nutes, I really had to watch my EC after defoliation as it crept up quickly. It makes sense tho, the plant wouldn't need as much food if it just lost 1/3rd of its leaves.

Yeah pretty sure I did notice a difference in transpiration after defoliation. I also found you need to be a lot more careful with your nutes after you defoliate as my girls were taking up a lot more water than nutes, I really had to watch my EC after defoliation as it crept up quickly. It makes sense tho, the plant wouldn't need as much food if it just lost 1/3rd of its leaves.

Any other reason why plant would take in more water than nutes? I had 2 of mine go up in EC the other day. I thought it was a fluke until I just read your post!

Many clouds of Smoke all,.
Tanyeast
WR420
Incredible Bulk - 5 Bucket DWC - 1st Cannaventure From Seed
Incredible Bulk - 5 Bucket DWC - 1st Cannaventure From Seed
Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ec can be up and down dependant on the needs. Its tricky and not important to keep ec level constant. If ec shoots up masssively it will indicate a problem but if its only a few points its nothing to worry about. If your plants look healthy dont worry. If in doubt at water to res or make weaker nute solution.

Humidity and room temps will also determine how much water or nutes the plant takes so if there are fluctuations there expect fluctuations in your res.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just a little update and smoke report of the final product. It's been almost 4 weeks now since I cut her down to dry, the buds have been curing for almost 3 weeks now.

I must say I'm really impressed with how this strain turned out. Since it's been curing it's really starting to get it's smell as the chlorophyll has been slowly breaking down. It smells so citrusy and sweet when it's snapped open and ground up, very nice smell indeed. The buds are dense and turned out absolutely covered in trichomes too. It doesn't taste how it smells tho, I'd say its earthy, maybe a bit piny sort of maybe green tea like. It turned out very smooth and the ash was a nice light grey colour. It was a pretty nice stoned too, not too heavy, but I am a regular smoker so my tolerance is quite high to begin with.

I must say it was very rewarding to have grown my own medicine from seed and thoroughly enjoyed the journey. Can't beat watching that little seed grow from nothing and produce some wonderful buds to smoke on.

Thanks for all the help and support Mr Cultivator, really appreciate it. Also thanks to everybody who joined in for the journey, it's been wonderful! :)

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom