Welcome chief. You are the 1st.

I've just had a quick buzz through your journal. We are running similar setups but mine is a much bigger tent... what 300ws have you got?

Also I notice that your plants are way ahead of mine at 23 days.
.the pics I took today are at 24days. And yours have filled the pots.. making me wonder if I'm lacking something. I have noticed this strain takes it's time to get going but when it does it fucking flys.

Wait, are you saying the plants in the second post were 23 days old?

I'd just like to throw the question out there to the folk of experience... I'm on way 30 week 5... I'm pretty confident I should be much bigger by now lol... does anyone else agree. Like I thought I wouldn't be able to see my pot by now. They are growing and growing green. It's just reading other journals I'm seeing them further along with similar mediums ect... anyhoo just a thought.

I’m gonna keep it real with you chief: you def messed this grow up as well. You’re trying to build your way out of not doing things the right way from the jump. You don’t need to build homemade octopots, you should be able to grow in the fabric pots as is. Cannabis can grow outside just fine without any human intervention. It isn’t the tools man, it’s you. You should be able to grow with some Dr. Earth and properly ph’d water (my second grow is going to be exactly this (but more complicated) to learn KNF. For reference, this is my garden at day 20 for the plants in the back, 13 for the smaller ones:

501B3522-4E27-4433-A28F-E12C911C27D3.jpeg

And that’s me literally germinating in a clone dome, moving the riot plugs into the octopots, and watering the bottom and walking away with the lights on 19/5. The plant you see in the fabric pot on the bottom right was a clone from a friend near death that recovered and doubled in size after a week, and all I did was transplant it into my soil and water it once.

Work on having the proper light (blurples ain’t it), controlling humidity and temp to be the same proper range, and not overwatering, and you can’t lose.

Basically get some decent soil, get a decent light, and leave the plants the hell alone. Soon you’ll have more plant than you know what to do with (trust me, I’m here now).

If you don’t believe me, I’ve got 3 Devils Cream and 2 Skywalkers I started on the 18th. If my plants are bigger Jan 18th than your plants are, you use my method, and I’ll walk you through it step by step and be your sherpa.

Deal?

I know something must be going wrong. The home made pot was an experiment because I had root bound that plant and stunted it....

My soil is canna terra professional mix with coco balls for added drainage. More soil to coco..

All I have done is germinate them. Pot them and give them leds....my nutrients are mother pukka mother earth a+b I now use max solution which is 3ml to a litre of both a and b. I have a 1.5l bottle I give 4 .5ml to a full bottle every 3 feeds now... my humidity is around 80% and temp is 28°c no higher then 31°c.

I've merely sat back and tried to watch them grow at the same time I couldn't afford soil in time for the last plant so it sat longer in a smaller pot.

The new growth does seem to be coming through.

Just slowly.

Also I don't p g my water right now but it isn't showing signabof lockout???

The growth is green and not much sign of anything other then slow growth.

Obviously I need to get to the bottom of this some how so what do you suggest??

Screenshot_20181221-220006_groots.jpg
@Kongfuzi so these are the time schedule I have set. A month. The time starts from the moment I saw the tap root on them all

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181221-220012_groots.jpg
    Screenshot_20181221-220012_groots.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 57
When mine were stunted I got a tip that I was not watering enough and I was to close to the plant I started watering more and away from the plant and they have went through a nice growth spurt in the last 15 days or so so just hang in there

I'm inclined to agree. Maybe I shocked them when they were transplanted or something. I also think my watering was a little light. I was giving 1.5l to a pot as I don't want over spill. But today I flooded them. Maybe there is not enough airation in the soil?

I agree with everything @Kongfuzi says though. They are small for thier age, it should have everything it needs with what I have given it. Somewhere I have done something wrong to stunt them. And it seems to happen on most my grows growth takes a while?! I don't know why

I'm inclined to agree. Maybe I shocked them when they were transplanted or something. I also think my watering was a little light. I was giving 1.5l to a pot as I don't want over spill. But today I flooded them. Maybe there is not enough airation in the soil?

I agree with everything @Kongfuzi says though. They are small for thier age, it should have everything it needs with what I have given it. Somewhere I have done something wrong to stunt them. And it seems to happen on most my grows growth takes a while?! I don't know why
Watering is a bit of science that we all see a little different. I see it this way. When they start in solo cups the cups are small. One benefit of that is if you water til soaked it's ok because it will dry in very short time. That makes the soil completely wet and therefore will fill completely with roots. Of course we have to let them dry enough before the next water cycle. Full of roots. Now the next size pot. Same thing filling the whole pot with roots. You don't have to soak the plant immediately when up potting either. I told you there was lots to it. On first doing it I use very little water because I watered her the day before. Roots will search through the soil so I water where I want them to go. Around the edge of the pot until they get established. Just a few days or a week. Then when they are in 5 or 10 gallon pots I use the watering method at the bottom of the sig area. Check it out. Some say we're here to grow roots, the rest will come.

Temp and RH looks good

It's been consistently around that aswell. The rh 40%-90% sometimes if I've over watered and the temp raises. The temp is never above 31°c and no lower then 23°

Again my soil should regulate it's ph.
all I give is the food and there is no toxicity burns showing? the growth is healthy! it's merely slow growth. So it gets me thinking is it lacking oxygen or water down there.. ?

It's been consistently around that aswell. The rh 40%-90% sometimes if I've over watered and the temp raises. The temp is never above 31°c and no lower then 23°

Again my soil should regulate it's ph all I give is the food and there is no toxicity burns showing the growth is healthy it's merely slow. So it gets me thinking is it lacking oxygen or water down there.. ?
Soil is a funky thing. @Kingjoe83 is having a heck of a time with some I think might be a coco hybrid that is acting strangely too. Slow growth and death though. My point is I think the soil might be it but Kongfuzi has his points too. My last post might interest you

Yh watering from the bottom.migjt be the way forward. I mixed my coco and soil so it was rich in soil and a few layers or coco then shuffled about. It drains really well and it also seems to stay wet for about 2days... I have just ordered a soil ph tester, a water digi phmeter and a tds/ec meter. They'll be here around new year probably...

Yh watering from the bottom.migjt be the way forward. I mixed my coco and soil so it was rich in soil and a few layers or coco then shuffled about. It drains really well and it also seems to stay wet for about 2days... I have just ordered a soil ph tester, a water digi phmeter and a tds/ec meter. They'll be here around new year probably...
Sweet

I've looked a bit closer. And the stem is thickening, the top growth is slow. Some leaves have small brown spots that make holes?! I think it's calcium deficient. Maybe lock out. I won't know till testers get here

Watering is a bit of science that we all see a little different. I see it this way. When they start in solo cups the cups are small. One benefit of that is if you water til soaked it's ok because it will dry in very short time. That makes the soil completely wet and therefore will fill completely with roots. Of course we have to let them dry enough before the next water cycle. Full of roots. Now the next size pot. Same thing filling the whole pot with roots. You don't have to soak the plant immediately when up potting either. I told you there was lots to it. On first doing it I use very little water because I watered her the day before. Roots will search through the soil so I water where I want them to go. Around the edge of the pot until they get established. Just a few days or a week. Then when they are in 5 or 10 gallon pots I use the watering method at the bottom of the sig area. Check it out. Some say we're here to grow roots, the rest will come.
Knowing how much moisture your soil retains plays a huge role I feel like personally

Good investment :passitleft:

20181221_220602.jpg
20181221_220621.jpg

This is current temp and humidity and how they look now...
Also my soil is suppose to regulate it's on it self this is why I brought??
So I add perlite to your soil this of your goal is to feed more often and want faster growth or Ive learned tonight that vermiculite retains moisture but still provides better drainage ? Hmmm

Again my soil should regulate it's ph.
all I give is the food and there is no toxicity burns showing? the growth is healthy! it's merely slow growth. So it gets me thinking is it lacking oxygen or water down there.. ?
Within 12 degrees between day and night temps. Is the goal to aim for .

Soil is a funky thing. @Kingjoe83 is having a heck of a time with some I think might be a coco hybrid that is acting strangely too. Slow growth and death though. My point is I think the soil might be it but Kongfuzi has his points too. My last post might interest you
If they arnt too far long is look
At transplanting them adding more perlite to medium will help or increase ventilation . Keep pots in fabric never worry about root bound . Also helps dry the pot more evenly allowing your roots once hit sides to air prune .

Again it really depend on how often you want to attend to your plants me personally I like faster growth .why I love coco .

Yes otter is correct I was battling issues with a new medium I tried this winter called canna coco .
Which to my best after working with it is like peat moss , coco , perlite and what ever else they don’t share for info . So I stopped feeding canna coco daily and pest gone and growth returning and things a lot better and now ph down to 6.2 ish I really knwo now it’s a matter of knowing what is is your medium / soil . Water . Lol

Back
Top Bottom