The Blue Experience - Kharma Reborn

week three flower
part II

Gave a deep watering yesterday.
Today, removed residual larf and leaves.
Re- positioned plant and tied down branches to expose all of her flowers. again.
She isn't round anymore. More like a bonsai tree now.
My mission is to eliminate LARF for it is our enemy.

Looks pistily! Larf bad, but anything you don't want I have room for in my freezer ;).

Well unfortunately I can't send it in the mail, however you could come pick it up and then me being the host that I am, would most definitely fry up a mess of battered cod and fries with tarter sauce, followed by a nice Vanilla Crown Royal and you personal bowl of freshly cured Blue Amnesia my friend.

Well unfortunately I can't send it in the mail, however you could come pick it up and then me being the host that I am, would most definitely fry up a mess of battered cod and fries with tarter sauce, followed by a nice Vanilla Crown Royal and you personal bowl of freshly cured Blue Amnesia my friend.

:ciao: hello im pj. Can i be your friend too? Lol

all caught up! thats an awesome looking plant man! Great job on her! She loves the bondage lol :welldone:

:ciao: hello im pj. Can i be your friend too? Lol

all caught up! thats an awesome looking plant man! Great job on her! She loves the bondage lol :welldone:

I have room for all friends. And thank you Pj. We have been through a lot me and Kharma.

A quick check on my COBs shows the left one with about 40% burn out, up from about 25 percent a week ago. The right COB is still burning with no damage. The plan is to dismantle the light once all of the parts arrive, and temporarily hook up some CFL's to keep from disrupting the light cycle as I'm going to need the driver from this light to construct the next one.

The parts are slowly trickling in from different sources.

The 2 Noctua fans have come in and the build quality is solid and heavy. I'm impressed.

Also two 69.4 Volt 3500K Vero 29's

I love these high voltage COBs. they get very bright. Last night I was thinking that since one of them is not damaged, we can't let it go to waste right? So I ordered another Vero 29 to pair with my remaining COB and another driver like this one.

That will give me a total of 4 high voltage Vero 29's running at 500 Watts and 1.75 Amps. A big improvement over what we have going now. This is the remaining innards of my Viper Spectra Retro Fit.

It was a great idea however this build was never meant for high voltage COBs running at such high amps.

So now we are waiting on our second Driver, the remaining COB, 2 more Fans, and all 4 heat sinks.

Kharma is going to finish out her life basking in her own personal sun.

I am sure i could manage a DIY, but the paranoia would eat at me that something wasnt right... And my luck is shit as it is lol

but, out of curiousity, whats that going to run you? I am in the market for a new light

For my particular light, I'm running
four 70 volt Bridgelux Vero 29's at 26 dollars a piece.
2 Meanwell Drivers (drives 2 cobs each) 120 bucks.
4 Large heat sinks, about 90 dollars
and I am building the frame myself from angled aluminum about 25 dollars in parts.

So in the end it will be a little over 300 dollars for this light which is a lot cheaper than the 600-750 that they go for retail. If you search for Growmau5 on YouTube he has a six part video tutorial on how to build them. I felt fully confident that I could build my own light by the time I finished the series.

Never open one of those Chinese lights if your paranoid

Mine was actually built pretty well. It was the specs that made me laugh. They claimed that my light was 300 watts and the driver inside it was made out of plastic. One of my mean wells is like 5 lbs LOL

I will be right over my friend, put some of your music on and let's chill.

Back
Top Bottom