The Blue Experience - Kharma Reborn

Driver built out of plastic is built pretty well to you?
Well it's not that the driver was bad or anything it was just the lofty claim of 300 watts that I had the problem with, the thing had pretty solid build quality otherwise and never failed me once. I actually think that it is one of the better built blurple lights out there for someone on a budget. So to answer your question Derby, yes the driver built out of plastic as well as the rest of the light, was built pretty well.

Never open one of those Chinese lights if your paranoid

why cant they build stuff like they use too... Hell we have machines in our shop from early 1900s, theyre still running....

For my particular light, I'm running
four 70 volt Bridgelux Vero 29's at 26 dollars a piece.
2 Meanwell Drivers (drives 2 cobs each) 120 bucks.
4 Large heat sinks, about 90 dollars
and I am building the frame myself from angled aluminum about 25 dollars in parts.

So in the end it will be a little over 300 dollars for this light which is a lot cheaper than the 600-750 that they go for retail. If you search for Growmau5 on YouTube he has a six part video tutorial on how to build them. I felt fully confident that I could build my own light by the time I finished the series.

very interesting, thanks for that i will check out the new age boob tube! Lol

A decision was made to remove the failing light sooner rather than later. I did not want to chance my second Vero becoming damaged. Strung up some bullshit random led bulbs temporarily. Kharma looks pissed but I'm sure she will get over it.

Two of the four heatsinks came in today allowing me to get started on this light. They are really nice, with 3 inch long fins. They are the 3.98 in sinks from HeatSinkUSA cut to 5 inches each.

I played around for hours trying to decide on a layout and in the end this one made the most sense. When I started cutting, things just seemed to come together and I ended up with exactly the right amount of angle aluminum to construct the frame. Not bad for a few hours work.

Gonna be stellar when it's all done. I'm sure Kharma will recover from this. Not like put it out on the curb...

I am determined to only have top shelf, potent, smoke able buds Shed. DOWN WITH LARF!!!

More parts, more install. Incoming today other 2 fans and 4th Vero. Unfortunately additional heatsinks and driver not until next week. Looks like build is on hold for now. But at least we can see this new sun coming into view.

How do you decide whether to pull the air through the sinks and away or push it down into the fans like you have it?

They say that the best way to evacuate heat is actually from the side, because fans have trouble pushing the air through the fins from the top because of drag. but Noctua's are high back pressure fans so this matters not to them. They will overlap my drivers on both sides to help keep them cool so I decided on a down firing configuration.

Looking good Retrix
Thank you PW but this light deficit is really working my nerves right now. The camera makes it look all bright but I assure you it is not LOL. It's comparable to a REALLY overcast day for sure.

Back
Top Bottom